PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

Should be Lego Avengers or Grim Fandago on the trophy card here.

Edit:

Even with ad-block on I still get weird banner ads here. Pre-order a PS4 on Amazon?

PS3 Games?  Does Cheapy have this  running on a computer set to 2013?

Last edited by a moderator:
How are you liking YouTube? A stranger told me a year ago that it crashed on them so I'm wondering if it's still an unplayable buggy mess.
It's probably one of the best apps I've ever used. It's nearly perfect in just about every way. The controls and presentation are amazing.

3.5/5 diamonds

BTW:

Day of The Tentacle Remastered, PS4 (Cross buy on PS Vita)
This War of Mine: The Little Ones, PS4
Blazerush, PS3
The Swindle, PS3 (Cross Buy on PS4 and PS Vita)
Azkend 2, PS Vita
Titan Souls, PS Vita (Cross Buy on PS4)

BTW:

Day of The Tentacle Remastered, PS4 (Cross buy on PS Vita)
This War of Mine: The Little Ones, PS4
Blazerush, PS3
The Swindle, PS3 (Cross Buy on PS4 and PS Vita)
Azkend 2, PS Vita
Titan Souls, PS Vita (Cross Buy on PS4)
I'm glad I got the Titan Souls plat last month to make the face-slap sting less.

Merry Belated Christmas and Happy Early New Year Everyone
zcMP5Gp.gif

tumblr_nhm9rzcqvB1tvjhdyo1_400.gif

trophy_platinum.png
#59 -
296ojte.jpg

Corpse Party: Blood Drive is the 3rd and final entry in the Heavenly Host tale. The previous games were available for PC and then eventually ported to PSP. The first game, Corpse Party, is like a Japaneses horror movie in video game form. A group of friends stay late after school to have a party for a student that is transferring to another school. In order that they will be friends forever they do the "ever after" charm. However something goes wrong with the charm and the friends find themselves in a rundown and twisted school populated by ghosts, ghouls, and deadly traps. The original game was a lean and horrific ghost story and by far my favorite of the series.

The second game, Corpse Party: Book of Shadows is 90% a companion piece to the first game. The various chapters take place before Corpse Party 1 with more character back story. It also features several tales set in an alternative universe which follows after one of the non-true endings in the first game. There are also a few chapters which show how events played out that we only saw the aftermath in the first game. The other 10% (where the titular "Book of Shadows" comes from) is the last chapter which is really just a tease for the 3rd game.

Corpse Party: Blood Drive, ended up being a pretty big disappointment. Forget narratively or gameplay, technically it is horribly optimized. Long load times to start the game and then once you are into it there are length load times for everything. Enter a new room, hell, just accessing the menu has a few second load time. Coming direct from Book of Shadows in which there is hardly any load time it's pretty jarring.

Narratively it's also a pretty big disappointment. As they have mined the character development of the core group over the last 2 games they are still present but they aren't really the focus. All the attention is mainly paid to new characters who are figures in a feud between dueling, ancient magical organizations. The Devs have also opted to over-explain and retcon the origins of the purgatory that trapped the protagonist. Tracing the origins to witches burned at the stake and contained with demonic pillars and other bullshit. The goal of this game is to stop nefarious forces from merging the two worlds into one. It's world building in silly overblown ways. It's the difference between the movie "Pitch Black" which had a simple premise and the sequel "Chronicles of Riddick" which choked on its attempt to expand the scope of the universe in new, silly ways.

Gameplay wise it's also not that exciting. It basically boils down to many, many chapters of fetch questing for items to progress past some obstacle. New to this game is the mechanic of a flashlight that runs on batteries. The Heavenly Host school is darker this time which means it is difficult to see weak points in the floor that break when stepped on as well as razor wire strung along the ground. Hitting either will deplete your health. I'm not sure how one was originally supposed to use this mechanic, move a few feet, toggle on to see obstacles up ahead and then turn it back off to converse battery? Weak floorboards you can listen for because on the tiles all around it will squeak but it is not possible to see razor wire in the dark. At some point the developers realized the mechanic was just broken gameplay wise and patched in the ability to have infinite flashlight battery by pressing SELECT. The long menu load times also made changing batteries a pain if you choose to forgo using the infinite battery.

It's definitely a case of diminishing returns. I absolutely loved the first game, had several chapters I loved out of the second game, but the devs seems to have misinterpreted what made the Corpse Party series great and emphasized all the wrong aspects. There is not a single death which made me cringe or wince in this game and I saw all the bad endings (it's required for the plat). It plays more like some kind of high-stakes supernatural thriller. I would say stick to just the first and maybe second game and not bother with Blood Drive. All of it's technical, narrative, and gameplay aspects range from fair to poor.

tumblr_nhm9rzcqvB1tvjhdyo1_400.gif

trophy_platinum.png
#59 -
296ojte.jpg

Corpse Party: Blood Drive is the 3rd and final entry in the Heavenly Host tale. The previous games were available for PC and then eventually ported to PSP. The first game, Corpse Party, sounds like a Japaneses horror movie in video game form. A group of friends stay late after school to have a party for a student that is transferring to another school. In order that they will be friends forever they do the "ever after" charm. However something goes wrong with the charm and the friends find themselves in a rundown and twisted school populated by ghosts, ghouls, and deadly traps. The original game was a lean and horrific ghost story and by far my favorite of the series.

The second game, Corpse Party: Book of Shadows is 90% a companion piece to the first game. The various chapters take place before Corpse Party 1 with more character back story. It also features several tales set in an alternative universe which follows after one of the non-true endings in the first game. There are also a few chapters which show how events played out that we only saw the aftermath in the first game. The other 10% (where the titular "Book of Shadows comes from) is the last chapter which is really just a tease for the 3rd game.

Corpse Party: Blood Drive, ended up being a pretty big disappointment. Forget narratively or gameplay, technically it is horribly optimized. Long load times to start the game and then once you are into it there are length load times for everything. Enter a new room, hell, just accessing the menu has a few second load time. Coming direct from Book of Shadows in which there is hardly any load time it's pretty jarring.

Narratively it's also a pretty big disappointment. As they have mined the character development of the core group over the last 2 games they are still present but they aren't really the focus. All the attention is mainly paid to new characters who are figures in a feud between dueling, ancient magical organizations. The Devs have also opted to over-explain and retcon the origins of the purgatory that trapped the protagonist. Tracing the origins to witches burned at the stake and contained with demonic pillars and other bullshit. The goal of this game is to stop nefarious forces from merging the two worlds into one. It's world building in silly overblown ways. It's the difference between the movie "Pitch Black" which had a simple premise and the sequel "Chronicles of Riddick" which choked on its attempt to expand the scope of the universe in new, silly ways.

Gameplay wise it's also not that exciting. It basically boils down to many, many chapters of fetch questing for items to progress past some obstacle. New to this game is the mechanic of a flashlight that runs on batteries. The Heavenly Host school is darker this time which means it is difficult to see weak points in the floor that break when stepped on as well as razor wire strung along the ground. Hitting either will deplete your health. I'm not sure how one was originally supposed to use this mechanic, move a few feet, toggle on to see obstacles up ahead and then turn it back off to converse battery? Weak floorboards you can listen for because on the tiles all around it will squeak but it is not possible to see razor wire in the dark. At some point the developers realized the mechanic was just broken gameplay wise and patched in the ability to have infinite flashlight battery by pressing SELECT. The long menu load times also made changing batteries a pain if you choose to forgo using the infinite battery.

It's definitely a case of diminishing returns. I absolutely loved the first game, had several chapters I loved out of the second game, but the devs seems to have misinterpreted what made the Corpse Party series great and emphasized all the wrong aspects. There is not a single death which made me cringe or wince in this game and I saw all the bad endings (it's required for the plat). It plays more like some kind of high-stakes supernatural thriller. I would say stick to just the first and maybe second game and not bother with Blood Drive. All of it's technical, narrative, and gameplay aspects range from fair to poor.

3.5/5 diamonds
ftfy

Trying something a little different here to help get 2017 off to a good start.

Doing a giveaway for Dishonored Definitive Edition PS4 game code, just like this post to enter. Will draw a winner tomorrow night around 8 PM EST.

You know what's not a trick: Winning $50 in a sweepstakes.

#swagbucks

Not kidding. Just received an email from them confirming it.  Great way to end the year.

Trying something a little different here to help get 2017 off to a good start.

Doing a giveaway for Dishonored Definitive Edition PS4 game code, just like this post to enter. Will draw a winner tomorrow night around 8 PM EST.
I wanted to like cause it's cool of you but I don't need the code.

Dragon Quest Builders is fun, but  Jesus, does the first chapter seem like it goes on forever. Are the other chapters this long?

Should have called the character Destroyer instead of "Builder". I've completely torn up this local landscape, and have carved some very non-environmental friendly tunnels through mountains as I'm mining.

I also got a very disturbing feeling as I realized I had trapped my 'builder' 200 feet below the earth, with a broken war hammer and no food. I could just let him starve down there, cold and alone in the dark.

So I thought a new thread was made yearly now, what happened?

On another note, my mom won me an Xbox one, any good games for it that are console exclusive?

So I thought a new thread was made yearly now, what happened?

On another note, my mom won me an Xbox one, any good games for it that are console exclusive?
I picked up a XBox One in March last year. Here are the games I completed last year that were XBox One Exclusives (or at least timed delays).

:xb1: Rise of Tomb Raider (now on PS4 as well)

:xb1: Gears of War Ultimate Edition (was the pack in game with my XBox One). Replayed the whole thing with a friend via co-op.

:xb1: Quantum Break, Lots of hype ok game nothing special IMO

:xb1: Ryse, on sale for $9.90 on Live till Monday night next week.

:xb1: Halo 1-4 are part of Master Chief Collection. If you played them on 360 and didn't love them might just skip or pick up for cheap.

:xb1: Battlefield Hardline, On both consoles but only played because it was part of EA Access. Really enjoyed the single player. Didn't mess with MP.

:xb1: Dead Rising 3, Never played Dead Rising before this one. Liked it a lot. Picked up 4 last week for like $25 DOTD at BB. Haven't tried it yet. I think DR4 is coming to PS4 this fall/winter.

:xb1: Halo 5, More Halo. Seems fun enough but if not a fan of the series probably an easy skip. Didn't mess with the MP.

:xb1: Gears of War 4 My favorite Exclusive but the MP is just ok. I like Arms Race and Horde. Horde takes too long though so I don't play it often.

I also played some of the Forza Horizon 3 demo. Not big on driving games but liked it enough to pick it up for cheap during a DOTD last month at BB. Haven't played the full game yet.

Played the Recore timed demo. Like it enough to pick up the full game but haven't played that yet either.

Played some Sunset Overdrive but didn't get too far with it.

Also Rare Replay is probably worth a purchase. I have yet to play any of the games so far.

Other exclusives would be

Titanfall (have it but have only played TF2 which is on both consoles). Also in the EA vault.

Forza Motorsport games (I have no interest in them)

Cuphead I think is another pretty anticipated title as well.

Check out EA Access and see if there is enough there you would play and if so wait for a sale on it. I paid $24 last year for it.

Hopefully the XBox One talk will not piss off the 3 others who read this PSN thread. There is an XBL deal thread and the OP doesn't get bent out of shape when there are off topic posts.

Not as great as PSNot in its heyday but a decent place to find the deals on XBox games.

Damn Jimbo I didn't know you played MCC. Did you just run through the main campaign in each game?
Yeah just the campaign. Was never big on the MP in Halo. I think I played some 4 and some Reach back in the day on 360 but didn't make it more then a week or two. Is there an achievement you need or something? If so I can help maybe.

I picked up a XBox One in March last year. Here are the games I completed last year that were XBox One Exclusives (or at least timed delays).

:xb1es.
Thanks Jimbo

I'm gonna start tracking prices on them

I think the one my mom won came with battlefield if I'm not mistaken .
It should be here by end of this week or beginning of next so I'm excited.
Although really who am I kidding, everything will probably just go into my huge backlog since I still don't really have free time (more than before, but still not enough. Although I am better at staying up later so maybe that'll help me )

Thanks Jimbo

I'm gonna start tracking prices on them

I think the one my mom won came with battlefield if I'm not mistaken .
It should be here by end of this week or beginning of next so I'm excited.
Although really who am I kidding, everything will probably just go into my huge backlog since I still don't really have free time (more than before, but still not enough. Although I am better at staying up later so maybe that'll help me )
Did you ever do that destiny raid with stotch yet?

It is crazy to me that people think Dark Souls II is the easiest one. Maybe if you read how to do everything beforehand and watch videos. It doesn't help that it takes half an hour to drink an Estus Flask.

bread's done
Back