PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

It is crazy to me that people think Dark Souls II is the easiest one. Maybe if you read how to do everything beforehand and watch videos. It doesn't help that it takes half an hour to drink an Estus Flask.
Which version are you playing, PS3 or PS4 (Scholar of the First Sin)? The latter wasn't too difficult aside from the DLC content, and it has different item and enemy placements compared to the PS3 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which version are you playing, PS3 or PS4 (Scholar of the First Sin)? The latter wasn't too difficult aside from the DLC content, and it has different item and enemy placements compared to the PS3 version.
PS4, never played the PS3 version. Finally beat the Pursuer. I imagine it's hard cause I'm still early in the game. I'm starting to pick up better gear.

PS4, never played the PS3 version. Finally beat the Pursuer. I imagine it's hard cause I'm still early in the game. I'm starting to pick up better gear.
If you want an easy time against most of the enemies in the game, buy the Mace from the blacksmith in Majula and keep an eye out for the Craftman's Hammer--I got it relatively early on, about 3-5 hours in--and kept it (obviously upgrading it whenever I got enough materials) until I got the plat 70-80 hours later.

One thing to keep in mind, there are several paths out of Majula. If you get too deep down one path and are having trouble due to difficulty, you can always try another path. A lot of people keep following the Forest of the Giants path and get stuck either at the Pursuer or the boss that follows after him. Though they beefed up the difficulty of Heide's Tower of Flame in SotFS.

Now that the Pursuer is dead you can get that Craftsman Hammer if you want to try it out.
Take the eagle to the Bastille and go straight from the bonfire and then turn left at the tower. Don't strike the barrel on its side at the top of the stairs. Walk into it to push it down the stairs where it will hit the wall and explode, creating a hole. Enter, light a torch on the bonfire, and light the sconce in the room with McDuff. Reset at the bonfire and open the chest he was sitting on.

Later on it gets easier but DS2 is one of the tougher Souls beginnings since they give you so few flasks to start with and the default roll doesn't have as many invincibility frames, you have to level attunement or adaptability (which increases agility) in order to gain more i-frames. Agility also speeds up the flask drinking animation.

I should probably get back to those games. I quit DS1 cuz it was a janky piece of shit in need of a remaster, but DS2 on PS4 I was having a good time with but just stopped playing for whatever reason.

One thing to keep in mind, there are several paths out of Majula. If you get too deep down one path and are having trouble due to difficulty, you can always try another path. A lot of people keep following the Forest of the Giants path and get stuck either at the Pursuer or the boss that follows after him. Though they beefed up the difficulty of Heide's Tower of Flame in SotFS.

Now that the Pursuer is dead you can get that Craftsman Hammer if you want to try it out.
Take the eagle to the Bastille and go straight from the bonfire and then turn left at the tower. Don't strike the barrel on its side at the top of the stairs. Walk into it to push it down the stairs where it will hit the wall and explode, creating a hole. Enter, light a torch on the bonfire, and light the sconce in the room with McDuff. Reset at the bonfire and open the chest he was sitting on.

Later on it gets easier but DS2 is one of the tougher Souls beginnings since they give you so few flasks to start with and the default roll doesn't have as many invincibility frames, you have to level attunement or adaptability (which increases agility) in order to gain more i-frames. Agility also speeds up the flask drinking animation.
I've taken out the Lost (or last?) Giant, Dragonrider, and the Pursuer. I've explored No Man's Wharf almost completely but haven't checked out the Lost Bastille yet although I did light the bonfire when I accidentally went there after beating the Pursuer.

I'll have to check out that hammer. I've been using a +3 Heide Knight Sword and a +3 Fire Longsword. Finding the Ring of Binding was also a huge help.

No context. 

ubDgO4F.jpg

Is the hammer that good that I should spend more points in strength? I'm only at 12 right now. Great thing about finding that guy was all the free upgrade materials. Got my Heide sword to +5 and Fire Sword to +4. Also took out the Ruin sentinels.

Lol Souls games are hard. You guys are terrible at games, jesus christ.
Two nights ago, I got some pretty bad food poisoning and it was coming out of me at both ends at the same time. At one point, I didn't even have to push and water flowed out of my ass like a faucet. Looking back at it, I see it as being the perfect metaphoric representation of your life.

Two nights ago, I got some pretty bad food poisoning and it was coming out of me at both ends at the same time. At one point, I didn't even have to push and water flowed out of my ass like a faucet. Looking back at it, I see it as being the perfect metaphoric representation of your life.
So you're saying stuff just comes easy for him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJMwBwFj5nQ

But my life isn't anything like a faucet. And I don't get food poisoning because I don't eat garbage and take care of myself.

You suck at metaphors almost as much as you suck at games.

I'm fucking shit up in Dark Souls II now, took out quite a few bosses on the first try. Also just tried out the Craftsman's Hammer too and that thing is nuts, don't know if I'm gonna use up my Twinkling Titanite to upgrade it though.

I laughed so hard that I was in tears when I first saw the blooper reels for that show. Charlie's my favorite character on the show, I can definitely relate to him lol.

Now if you will excuse me, I have some Charlie work to do.

I managed to find my old mods for Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic even though lucasforums shut down. Thought I would share them with the rest of the class. First one I named "Face of Evil 1.3 (FoE 1.3)" Released 4 years ago.

lvyaYYQ.jpg
XThmsno.jpg

... I thought they were the shit when I made them. Lol.

Belfry gargoyles were such a pain in the ass.

I'm full on obsessed with this game now though.

Is the hammer that good that I should spend more points in strength? I'm only at 12 right now. Great thing about finding that guy was all the free upgrade materials. Got my Heide sword to +5 and Fire Sword to +4. Also took out the Ruin sentinels.
I'm fucking shit up in Dark Souls II now, took out quite a few bosses on the first try. Also just tried out the Craftsman's Hammer too and that thing is nuts, don't know if I'm gonna use up my Twinkling Titanite to upgrade it though.
It's B scaling (and stays at B scaling even once fully upgraded to +5) so you will get a decent, but not a huge a boost to damage from points in STR. Though upgrading with twinkling will give a pretty healthy boost to base damage.

If you don't want to use up Twinkling once you spend $8,000 on services at the Blacksmith in Majula he gives you his hammer (Blacksmith's Hammer) which has slightly shorter range and initial base damage than the Craftsman, Though you can get it to +6 pretty easily as large shards are infinitely purchasable at McDuff and by using one titanite chunk that gets it to +7 (246 base damage) which is four less than the Craftsman Hammer after using 15 twinkling titanite. At +10 it has the same B scaling and a higher base damage than craftsman.

Blunt weapons (clubs, hammers, maces, fist weapons, etc.) do strike damage which is pretty beastly, particularly against shields and heavy armor.

It's B scaling (and stays at B scaling even once fully upgraded to +5) so you will get a decent, but not a huge a boost to damage from points in STR. Though upgrading with twinkling will give a pretty healthy boost to base damage.

If you don't want to use up Twinkling once you spend $8,000 on services at the Blacksmith in Majula he gives you his hammer (Blacksmith's Hammer) which has slightly shorter range and initial base damage than the Craftsman, Though you can get it to +6 pretty easily as large shards are infinitely purchasable at McDuff and by using one titanite chunk that gets it to +7 (246 base damage) which is four less than the Craftsman Hammer after using 15 twinkling titanite. At +10 it has the same B scaling and a higher base damage than craftsman.

Blunt weapons (clubs, hammers, maces, fist weapons, etc.) do strike damage which is pretty beastly, particularly against shields and heavy armor.
Nice, I'll probably go that route then. I decided to make a quality build so I can use pretty much any weapon. I was gonna go for all weapons, armor, rings, and spells/miracles until I saw there are rings for beating the game without dying and without lighting bonfires. fuck that.

Nice, I'll probably go that route then. I decided to make a quality build so I can use pretty much any weapon. I was gonna go for all weapons, armor, rings, and spells/miracles until I saw there are rings for beating the game without dying and without lighting bonfires. fuck that.
There isn't an all rings trophy in Dark Souls 2 for that reason, you don't have to do the no death / no bonfire stuff for the plat. The rings you get for doing that are also PVP focused (make your weapons invisible) so it was no big loss for me.

You do have to go to 1/2way through NG++ though as there are some Miracles and a pyromancy that the only way to get them is a SIGNIFICANT amount of PVP action in 2 of the covenants, OR purchasing them from a certain NPC in NG++. Going to NG++ is much faster as the requirements are 500 kills in the Blue Sentinels and 500 NET Kills (winning adds 1 and losing subtracts 1) in the Brotherhood of Blood. It's not so bad as NG+ is pretty fun. It was the first Souls game to add extra spawns of enemies in NG+ to keep you on your toes.

There isn't an all rings trophy in Dark Souls 2 for that reason, you don't have to do the no death / no bonfire stuff for the plat. The rings you get for doing that are also PVP focused (make your weapons invisible) so it was no big loss for me.

You do have to go to 1/2way through NG++ though as there are some Miracles and a pyromancy that the only way to get them is a SIGNIFICANT amount of PVP action in 2 of the covenants, OR purchasing them from a certain NPC in NG++. Going to NG++ is much faster as the requirements are 500 kills in the Blue Sentinels and 500 NET Kills (winning adds 1 and losing subtracts 1) in the Brotherhood of Blood. It's not so bad as NG+ is pretty fun. It was the first Souls game to add extra spawns of enemies in NG+ to keep you on your toes.
Yeah, I saw that, I have no problem going through NG++. I was going for all that stuff for completionist sake. I'll just go for everything except those two rings.

My favorite weapon for Dark Souls 2 was the Malformed Skull. I got it on my first play through and never had another drop during other runs. Upgrading it to +10 and infused RAW destroys most enemies easily, check out the stats in this link.

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Malformed+Skull
Only 20 durability though, you were able to deal with that?

Bosses have been pretty easy so far, I have way more trouble with mobs. I also think I'm pretty over leveled at 97 but oh well.

Only 20 durability though, you were able to deal with that?

Bosses have been pretty easy so far, I have way more trouble with mobs. I also think I'm pretty over leveled at 97 but oh well.
I always used the Bracing Knuckle ring to cut down durability. I would always have a back up weapon just in case the durability was an issue.

trophy card check

(and to break up the Dark Souls talk)

edit:

Volume really was great fun. I finished all of the levels, and probably should have got the plat for it. Must have missed one or two texts in there somewhere.

Yeah, I saw that, I have no problem going through NG++. I was going for all that stuff for completionist sake. I'll just go for everything except those two rings.
If you want to be a completionist then you should take special note at the end of the Ivory King DLC. There is a boss fight where you fight a mob of enemies before the boss appears. Each member of the Mob has a chance to drop a Loyce Soul. These Loyce Souls you can redeem at a vendor for pieces of an armor set and a special soul. You'll need a total of 50. The best way to farm them is to do the first part of the boss fight over and over and then warp out when the boss actually appears. They also spawn after the boss is defeated, but they have a better drop rate and are easier to fight during the actual boss fight for a certain reason that I won't spoil. Also you can summon other players to help, and everyone gets a copy of the Loyce soul.

There is definitely a weapon for everyone in this game, there is such a volume and variety you can find at least one you like. A lot of the other great hammers have a similar moveset to the malformed skull and can hit almost as hard with scaling, but with much more durability, like the great club (28 STR).

I always used the Bracing Knuckle ring to cut down durability. I would always have a back up weapon just in case the durability was an issue.
I'll have to check it out, it'll probably be really good for single tough enemies and bosses. The Gutter and the Black Gulch fuckin sucked.

Great Hammers (like the malformed skull and the great club) also make pancakes when 2-handed R2 against most enemies in the game, including other players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsAixBCUu7E

That invader pvp has to be one of the all time great gaming innovations. Go in and wreck somebody's shit when all they're trying to do is a beat a boss they already died 20 times to.

That invader pvp has to be one of the all time great gaming innovations. Go in and wreck somebody's shit when all they're trying to do is a beat a boss they already died 20 times to.
In addition to that they also had a mechanic which piggy backed off that in Demon's Souls, becoming the boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRC_IxLtqRQ

bread's done
Back