PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

Getting invaded in the DLC is fucking annoying. I thought I boosted my Soul Memory high enough.
You could try playing the DLC while in the Way of the Blue covenant to see if you get any Blue Sentinels to come to your aid. I didn't get invaded too often in the PS3 version. Only 1 time while playing the DLC, in the Lair of the Inperfect.

If you want to have some real fun, use the method on this page to farm Seed of a Tree of Giants in the Forest of the Fallen Giants. Every time you use it when an invader is present, enemies will attack them too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZebAtZ4GExg

Last edited by a moderator:
You could try playing the DLC while in the Way of the Blue covenant to see if you get any Blue Sentinels to come to your aid. I didn't get invaded too often in the PS3 version. Only 1 time while playing the DLC, in the Lair of the Inperfect.

If you want to have some real fun, use the method on this page to farm Seed of a Tree of Giants in the Forest of the Fallen Giants. Every time you use it when an invader is present, enemies will attack them too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZebAtZ4GExg
That's some catchy music

All this Dark Souls talk made me want to play a Souls game, so I decided I would play Demon's Souls. Right after I finish my Meatball and Mozzarella Hotpocket...

Okay I'm 4 deep in Meatball and Mozzarella Hotpockets, downed about 20 Coka Cola's and I can't keep my eyes off of the internet. I NEED A DOCTOR!

You're ready

The true Demon's Souls starts here
200_s.gif

Finished all of Max Payne 3's online trophies and holy god damn shit New York Minute Hardcore was a bitch. Gonna get down on my knees and pray that the online servers stay on until I am done.

Damn. Shatter is a classic. Played it for the first time in quite a while since I've been on my ps3 lately and just got the last two trophies I needed. A 100% 6 years in the making. The boss rush was the harder trophy but I was more worried about the other one because I didn't wanna play the story mode from the beginning again if I lost.

Watched a jim sterling video of Life of Black Tiger. Jesus Christ this has to be the worst game on ps4 by far. That's gonna be an easy ass 100% though (Please god nobody here better get it.)

Damn. Shatter is a classic. Played it for the first time in quite a while since I've been on my ps3 lately and just got the last two trophies I needed. A 100% 6 years in the making. The boss rush was the harder trophy but I was more worried about the other one because I didn't wanna play the story mode from the beginning again if I lost.

Watched a jim sterling video of Life of Black Tiger. Jesus Christ this has to be the worst game on ps4 by far. That's gonna be an easy ass 100% though (Please god nobody here better get it.)
Every time I accidentally stop on Shatter as I flip through my digital games it startles me since the cross-media bar music is SOO loud.

Risk of Rain is a lot of fun. Worth picking up last minute. But PS4 online is partly broken right now at least. I tried to host and it just gets stuck on "creating room". I was able to host a room on Vita, though and it worked well. On PS4 I was able to join (and it's cross-play), but not host. I'm mostly playing local coop with one of my kids or solo, so it's not a huge problem for me.

Finished all of Max Payne 3's online trophies and holy god damn shit New York Minute Hardcore was a bitch. Gonna get down on my knees and pray that the online servers stay on until I am done.
I sunk a lot of time into that MP grind to Rank 50. I enjoyed it, though. It was a fun 3rd person shooter change of pace from the Battlefield games I was playing a lot of at the same time. I think the only MP trophy I never got from the base game was the one for killing someone on your friends list.

Am I the only one that thinks Mafia 3 could have been much better and a bit shorter?

I am almost done (I hope). Most of it is so repetitive. Then something good and then back to more of the same crappy missions you have done multiple times before.

Am I the only one that thinks Mafia 3 could have been much better and a bit shorter?

I am almost done (I hope). Most of it is so repetitive. Then something good and then back to more of the same crappy missions you have done multiple times before.
It's bloated to shit with the same repetitive mission types. I quit and traded it in and just watched the ending on YouTube.

You think it is repetitive now, go for the plat. You have to do all those takeover missions all over again and you just change the button press at the end.

I think it was a good game, even if the trophies made it a lot more tedious than it should have been. It was far from great though. With that said, I think most of the games in the open world genre have involved a bit of tedious game mechanics when going for 100%. I think Mordor is still my favorite and I plan to play it again, but thinking about all those repetitive side missions does concern me.

You think it was repetitive now, go for the plat. You have to do all those takeover missions all over again and you just change the button press at the end.

I think it was a good game, even if the trophies made it a lot more tedious than it should have been. It was far from great though. With that said, I think most of the games in the open world genre have involved a bit of tedious game mechanics when going for 100%. I think Mordor is still my favorite and I plan to play it again, but thinking about all those repetitive side missions does concern me.
Recently I have played Watch Dogs 2 (as I am sure you remember) and felt the plat was pretty easy to get. A couple of mildly random grindy trophies but still pretty easy. I also played Dead Rising 4 it was more fun then Mafia 3.

Both were a lot more fun this. I liked the story and the way it was told but just way to much filler. Sort of like a movie that needs a good editor. A bit more of the slightly longer missions and less of the nonsense and it would be a lot more fun. Also seems a bit more janky then it should be but it might just be me wanting to power through it and trade it. One point I couldn't find a single mission to do. Wasted 30 mins figuring out what I had to do to progress.
find some car that shows red on the map and follow it and kill everyone.

One of the first games I played on PS3 was Godfather (and it was a PS2 game IRC). I really liked that game. I didn't mind taking over the territory and districts. Perhaps I have less patience for that 9 or 10 years later.

I never bothered to figure out how to collect my tribute. I assume I have to do more fetch it tricks for the 3 ungrateful bastards. I would like to kill them all before the game is over. Really don't want to do too many side missions. The main ones are boring enough. In Mafia the money just came in periodically IRC.

I sunk a lot of time into that MP grind to Rank 50. I enjoyed it, though. It was a fun 3rd person shooter change of pace from the Battlefield games I was playing a lot of at the same time. I think the only MP trophy I never got from the base game was the one for killing someone on your friends list.
It isn't bad. Bullet time seems like something that would break the game but it works well enough. I hate the ezpz lock on mode they have for all of Rockstar's multiplayer games, though. You can choose free aim playlists or soft lock, but the free aim ones are empty.

4 more hours and I think really truly I am at the end. They spawned another bunch of take over crap and some other guy I don't think they even mentioned before that I had to kill before getting to the last two I had to kill.

Everyone (I hope) is now dead.

I think I am up the very last mission where I pick the ending. Wanted to trade it today (have some time to kill this afternoon was going to go over to Game Stop).

Is either ending better or just a different trophy?

tumblr_inline_n7r4uxaHRP1sw6u2j.gif

2nj9eh1.jpg

Finished platting the R&C trilogy on Vita. After having revisited all 3 I am not ever sure if I came close to finishing Up Your Arsenal on PS2. I remembered significant chunks of the first and second game, but very little of the 3rd. In retrospect, the names of the 2nd and 3rd game really should have been flipped as the double entendre would have landed more effectively as your character is very commando-like in the 3rd game. Periodically leading a squad of robotic soldiers in missions to attack or repel the enemy.

They were quite right to remake R&C 1 for PS4 as it just isn't that fun to play. The lack of strafe is a little annoying but what kills it is the weapon selection just isn't very good. Unlike the other 2 in which most weapons are quite useful or have their niche, there are many weapons I never used again after they were acquired. The first game was also quite rough to plat as the hover board segment required hitting both of the teeny, tiny rear touch "buttons" in rapid succession, it drove me batty. There was also no good place to legitimately farm for bolts for the plat. It's either do several playthroughs, or glitch yourself onto the hover board track to farm infinite bolt boxes for 8 hours.

Going Commando improved on the original game and introduced a selection of more enjoyable weapons with the ability to upgrade them as well as strafe. But in order to strafe, you have to find the tiny rear touch "button" on the right side and hold your middle or ring finger there which is quite awkward. They also went a little overboard with the mini-game stuff.

Up your arsenal is the game that works by far the best on the Vita. You can choose from 3 different control modes, standard, lock-ed strafe, and first person. Locked strafe basically uses the more modern twin stick controls with the left stick controlling forward, back, and strafe; with the right stick aiming and R1 to shoot. Crouch is then relegated to rear touch. Unlike in the first game where you had to constantly use crouch+jump to long jump or high jump; it is barely needed in the 3rd game. In the 2 or 3 instances it is needed, you can switch back to standard to crouch with R1 for that segment on the in-game menu and then switch back.

Nevermind. This game is super shitty. There's a reason you only see the same 20-30 max ranked Brazilian folks playing this every day. The Sawn off shotgun unlocks at like level 40 or something and is pretty much a one hit kill no matter what. Sometimes people even get ridiculous snipes with it from far away. Combine that with the easy mode L2->R2 lock on bullshit and most people don't stand a chance.

Nevermind. This game is super shitty. There's a reason you only see the same 20-30 max ranked Brazilian folks playing this every day. The Sawn off shotgun unlocks at like level 40 or something and is pretty much a one hit kill no matter what. Sometimes people even get ridiculous snipes with it from far away. Combine that with the easy mode L2->R2 lock on bullshit and most people don't stand a chance.
Yeah, glad I didn't have to deal with that back when I played it; although I do remember playing against a lot of Brazilian players. Most people were running with the AK-47 or one of the LMGs back then. The lock-on made it easy to get kills with those at a distance; lock-on and hold the trigger.

What level MP level are you? Does Rockstar still run double or triple XP weekends? (Probably not) I seem to remember waiting for those to grind those last ten or so levels.

Yeah, glad I didn't have to deal with that back when I played it; although I do remember playing against a lot of Brazilian players. Most people were running with the AK-47 or one of the LMGs back then. The lock-on made it easy to get kills with those at a distance; lock-on and hold the trigger.

What level MP level are you? Does Rockstar still run double or triple XP weekends? (Probably not) I seem to remember waiting for those to grind those last ten or so levels.
Like 15 or 16. Leveling is pretty slow even when I do pretty well. About half the time nobody is playing the objective mode so TDM is what I get stuck with. Also, yeah they abandoned the events for this game a while back. There is a dlc rifle which seems better than the rest. Gonna go back to using that once I get the trophy for maxing out the M4.

Shit. I think I'm enjoying The Witness more than I enjoyed The Talos Principle. You look at The Witness and you wonder how the fuck can the entire game be this line drawing puzzle, but then for a lot of the puzzles that just ends up being the platform to put down a solution because they do some pretty creative shit with these puzzles. I've already had a few of those moments where you get stumped on a puzzle and despite looking around the environment for clues you stop or move on to another puzzle, but the puzzle still lingers in your mind and you come up with the solution and you run back so you can finally finish it. That shit is satisfying as hell. The difficulty ramps up pretty nicely, too. The only times I really became stuck on a puzzle is when I'd come across a symbol on a puzzle I haven't seen before, but they would turn out to be more advanced versions of that type of puzzle. So if you explore the map a bit more you can come across puzzles that essentially act as a tutorial for those new symbols, but not in a tutorial that straight up tells you what they mean. A tutorial that's a series of simple puzzles with that symbol and by the end you piece together the puzzles to define the rules of that symbol. With the exception of the stars in Talos, I think most of the puzzles in that game were pretty easy, but there's like a massive gap from the hardest puzzle in Talos to the easiest star and nothing in that game really prepares you to go after the stars, especially the really cryptic ones. But from what I've played there doesn't seem to be anything like the stars, but I've come across a few puzzles in random places that don't seem to do anything. I guess I'll see.

TL;DR: The Witness is sweet. Gonna try and finish it without a guide hopefully.

A lot of the DLC for the Vita is good too, but I wonder which 10 songs they've picked (there are 6 DLC packs with 3 songs each)? I got all of them except for the extended tracks pack and the BlazeBlue pack.

bread's done
Back