PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

Thanks will have to see what happens when the 2 free days of PS+ runs out. The new console is the primary for sure. We were able to "buy" Tearaway from the webpage logged in as my friend and push it to the console from there. But when he loaded up COD and tried to game online logged in with his sons account it wouldn't allow it.

The sub account was created a few days ago but not confirmed till this morning. Maybe something hadn't sync'ed up yet.

When we removed the old PS4 from his account it took like 10 mins for it to disappear from his account.

Hopefully it will just work on Tuesday when the trial is expired and he goes back to being a free account.

Now that I think of it I have a second PSN account. I am 99% sure I logged in with it played online trying to boost a couple trophies in Disney Infinity.
This made me think of 2 possibilities. Either there might be a parental lock on his PS4, or this?...

What's up with the new ps4 update? I heard it could give you 2 primary activations?

no it bumps the previous activation off via the console
Edit: Woops. O_O

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you get it resolved?
Will ask him tomorrow. We were closed due to the snow. He didn't text me today and the 2 day trial should have expired today I think so that is a good sign. Schools were closed so he was probably playing at some point.

Did you get it resolved?
His son couldn't play again yesterday afternoon after the 2 day code ran out. He redeemed the 12 month card he bought on his sons sub account yesterday and can play online again. As long as they can share COD and a few other digital games he is happy.

I could never find (didn't look too hard) any thing definitive on sub account (or any) supposed to be allowed online on a primary console who has PS+.

I will test my second PS account in the next few days but I am pretty sure I have played online with it like you said I should be able to.

The console is now at his ex-wife (technically they are not divorced I don't think) so messing with it directly isn't an option.

His son couldn't play again yesterday afternoon after the 2 day code ran out. He redeemed the 12 month card he bought on his sons sub account yesterday and can play online again. As long as they can share COD and a few other digital games he is happy.

I could never find (didn't look too hard) any thing definitive on sub account (or any) supposed to be allowed online on a primary console who has PS+.

I will test my second PS account in the next few days but I am pretty sure I have played online with it like you said I should be able to.

The console is now at his ex-wife (technically they are not divorced I don't think) so messing with it directly isn't an option.
My kids accounts are sub-accounts. We also have a 4th account which is not a sub account. They can all play online and I'm the only one with PS+. My best guess is that you don't actually have the PS4 set as primary for the account with PS+, but I don't know. It should definitely work in any case.

I was able to claim Tearaway under my friends account and push it to his sons PS4. But who knows WTF is going on. Son could not wait for us to set it up so it was a PIA anyway.

I am not feeling Shovel Knight: Plague Knight as much as the main game. The way they handle bomb customization is neat: Style of throw, explosive component, and then you pick the fuse length. But since you can't set any quick-loadouts to change to on the fly that means pausing to reconfigure bombs mid-fight if the enemy moves above your head or as puzzles / platforming require. Start stop start stop interrupts the flow.

The jumping mechanic is also just a chore. He has a short double jump hop, but often you need to do an explosive hop by holding down the attack button for a second or 2 to charge it up. Once released he basically does a rocket jump and moves through the air in the direction the stick is pointing. Which again just interrupts the pace of gameplay as you pause to wait for the ability to make the jump after killing nearby enemies. It's also finicky about restarting a recharge if you do it while you are airborne. As soon as my feet touch the ground it should restart, but it doesn't, if I press it too early I have to release and repress the button.

I am not feeling Shovel Knight: Plague Knight as much as the main game. The way they handle bomb customization is neat: Style of throw, explosive component, and then you pick the fuse length. But since you can't set any quick-loadouts to change to on the fly that means pausing to reconfigure bombs mid-fight if the enemy moves above your head or as puzzles / platforming require. Start stop start stop interrupts the flow.

The jumping mechanic is also just a chore. He has a short double jump hop, but often you need to do an explosive hop by holding down the attack button for a second or 2 to charge it up. Once released he basically does a rocket jump and moves through the air in the direction the stick is pointing. Which again just interrupts the pace of gameplay as you pause to wait for the ability to make the jump after killing nearby enemies. It's also finicky about restarting a recharge if you do it while you are airborne. As soon as my feet touch the ground it should restart, but it doesn't, if I press it too early I have to release and repress the button.
Great!

Now give me a three paragraph write up on My Name is Mayo.

Great!

Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click

Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click

Great!

For a trophy whoring game it can actually be a little difficult to progress. New tiles to select can appear rather frequently so it can be difficult to determine what to select to advance. Clicks only count for many of the activities when you have selected a tile to put the Mayo jar in an outfit.

I don't know why people would try to burn through the entire "game" all at once as it's ideal use is as a last resort trophy streak extender. Often on days when I have a lot of TV programs, like tonight, I can take the vita out of suspend tap it a few hundred times while watching to get a trophy, then put it away. That's when the large amount of bronze trophies come in handy as another trophy is never very far away.

Presently my soul grew stronger, hesitating then no longer. "Sir," said I, "or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore, but the fact is I was napping and so gently you came rapping and so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door that I scarce was sure I heard you." Here I opened wide the door....darkness there and nothing more. No one ever reads all the review right? they just skip to the end for the score.

Score: 7 sapphires out of 4 sap fires.

For a trophy whoring game it can actually be a little difficult to progress. New tiles to select can appear rather frequently so it can be difficult to determine what to select to advance. Clicks only count for many of the activities when you have selected a tile to put the Mayo jar in an outfit.

I don't know why people would try to burn through the entire "game" all at once as it's ideal use is as a last resort trophy streak extender. Often on days when I have a lot of TV programs, like tonight, I can take the vita out of suspend tap it a few hundred times while watching to get a trophy, then put it away. That's when the large amount of bronze trophies come in handy as another trophy is never very far away.

Presently my soul grew stronger, hesitating then no longer. "Sir," said I, "or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore, but the fact is I was napping and so gently you came rapping and so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door that I scarce was sure I heard you." Here I opened wide the door....darkness there and nothing more. No one ever reads all the review right? they just skip to the end for the score.

Score: 7 sapphires out of 4 sap fires.
/giphy slow clap

qjkRk3.gif

Finished The Swapper, really good. It's a puzzle game where you use a device that lets you make up to 4 clones of yourself to solve puzzles. Rather than just have a series of puzzles on a menu, the rooms are spread out across a derelict space station. There is a nice steady difficulty progression in the puzzles, I only gave up and had to look up the solution to one of the last puzzles. They start simple but then they start adding in wrinkles like lights which block certain functions of the swapper device and inverters which flip gravity.

Each time you complete a puzzle room it increases your security level which allows you to progress deeper into the space station. Also spread throughout are computer logs and various artifacts which help you piece together what happened on the space station. The story didn't have to be good as the gameplay is solid, but they did a really good job with it using just the logs and a few encounters with another NPC. I was wishing Severed did something more like that as by the end of that game you have only the barest threads of a narrative. The design of the space station is suitably moody and navigation is excellent. With the map it is easy to track where you have not yet been or need to go to next and there are ample fast travel teleporter points so there isn't a huge amount of back tracking.

I played it completely on the vita, very fast load times, no slowdown, and the screen wasn't too small to read the text / do all the puzzles. What helps is you have the ability to slow down time to place a clone by holding the L button instead of just pressing it. Strangely they don't mention in the tutorial that it has this slowdown ability. I had to figure it out myself when I got to a puzzle that required it and I accidentally held down the button while trying to solve it.

Wooo, finally done with the Rayman Legends grind and got my plat. My goal for spring break is to plat Apotheon, if it'll stop blue screening every time I unlock this chest.

Not sure if anyone will see this but is Far Cry Primal Digital Primal worth $13.19?  ($16.49 minus 20%)

I haven't bought any digital games on my PS4 since December.  I liked the previous Far Cry games (will 3 and 4).  I know this is pretty different and lots of people bagged on it.  

Tempted to give Evil Within another try too.

Not sure if anyone will see this but is Far Cry Primal Digital Primal worth $13.19? ($16.49 minus 20%)

I haven't bought any digital games on my PS4 since December. I liked the previous Far Cry games (will 3 and 4). I know this is pretty different and lots of people bagged on it.

I put up the bat signal for you in discord. Somebody that played it should be here sometime.

Not sure if anyone will see this but is Far Cry Primal Digital Primal worth $13.19? ($16.49 minus 20%)

I haven't bought any digital games on my PS4 since December. I liked the previous Far Cry games (will 3 and 4). I know this is pretty different and lots of people bagged on it.

You're better off getting the disc super cheap so you can trade it later, it has no replay value after beating the story. It's an easy plat but hella boring.

Get it. It's dope. Play it on survivor mode, too.

I saved my 20% coupon for Salt & Sanctuary, but if it's not on sale then this will be like me holding out for the flash sale before using my expiring points to get a $10 code, hoping to add to the total.

Is this where i complain that i did not get a 20% off coupon or one of those mythical $100 cards from Sony?
I'll add on the complaint that I never got the additional 3 month codes after redeeming a 12 month PS+ code and it looks like I won't be after they fixed the exploit.

bread's done
Back