PSone and LCD Combo at Meijer

jkircos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I know that alot of people got their combos at TRU in the last few months and now most of them are gone. Well the good news is if your local Meijer has any in stock they have been reduced to $50. I know its not as great at $34 at some TRU but its still a good deal for the screen. I got two of them this past weekend with the 15% off coupon, and both were in perfect condition.

i picked up a fw screens at my TRU for 18.98 each. Turned one in at walmart for 141+ credit >:) and snagged a DS for 14 and change (had an 8 doller item returned as well on the same gift card)

[quote name='Shadows916']i picked up a fw screens at my TRU for 18.98 each. Turned one in at walmart for 141+ credit >:) and snagged a DS for 14 and change (had an 8 doller item returned as well on the same gift card)[/quote]
[-X

[quote name='Shadows916']i picked up a fw screens at my TRU for 18.98 each. Turned one in at walmart for 141+ credit >:) and snagged a DS for 14 and change (had an 8 doller item returned as well on the same gift card)[/quote]

So wonderful to hear about people breaking the law.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Shadows916']i picked up a fw screens at my TRU for 18.98 each. Turned one in at walmart for 141+ credit >:) and snagged a DS for 14 and change (had an 8 doller item returned as well on the same gift card)[/quote]

So wonderful to hear about people breaking the law.[/quote]

Is that really illegal or just bad...

hey, after what walmart has done to my cars when they went in for an oil change/ tire rotation-screw 'em!. They stripped 1 of the locking lug nuts when i gave them the key for it resulting in having to buy a new set for the new set i just put on. Changed a battery, broke one of the screw down posts. trading in the screen made me feel better. (i also said i'd only own a DS if i could get one for 20 bucks) They also didn't have to take it back mind you. Someone from electronics came, BROKE THE SEAL ON THE BOX, took everything out of it, checked it all, matched seriel numbers. Then they had a manager come and decide if they would issue credit or not. i did have to pay 14 and change out of pocket, so they made some money. I don't see anything illegal at all. Was up to them to take it or not. O:)

[quote name='Shadows916']hey, after what walmart has done to my cars when they went in for an oil change/ tire rotation-screw 'em!. They stripped 1 of the locking lug nuts when i gave them the key for it resulting in having to buy a new set for the new set i just put on. Changed a battery, broke one of the screw down posts. trading in the screen made me feel better. (i also said i'd only own a DS if i could get one for 20 bucks) They also didn't have to take it back mind you. Someone from electronics came, BROKE THE SEAL ON THE BOX, took everything out of it, checked it all, matched seriel numbers. Then they had a manager come and decide if they would issue credit or not. i did have to pay 14 and change out of pocket, so they made some money. I don't see anything illegal at all. Was up to them to take it or not. O:)[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Shadows916']i picked up a fw screens at my TRU for 18.98 each. Turned one in at walmart for 141+ credit >:) and snagged a DS for 14 and change (had an 8 doller item returned as well on the same gift card)[/quote]

Is that really illegal or just bad...[/quote]

Returning an item to where you didn't buy it is fraud, regardless if they take it back or not. Just because you have a vendetta against Walmart doesn't give you the right to defraud them. Again, it doesn't matter if they took it back or not, you're still commiting fraud.

Semantics my friend, semantics...
Just give it to a friend and have them give it to you and say 'if you don't want it bring it to Walmart'. It't not lying because you didn't say it came from Walmart, you just say you were told to bring it to Walmart and that it was given to you by a friend. ^_^

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Shadows916']hey, after what walmart has done to my cars when they went in for an oil change/ tire rotation-screw 'em!. They stripped 1 of the locking lug nuts when i gave them the key for it resulting in having to buy a new set for the new set i just put on. Changed a battery, broke one of the screw down posts. trading in the screen made me feel better. (i also said i'd only own a DS if i could get one for 20 bucks) They also didn't have to take it back mind you. Someone from electronics came, BROKE THE SEAL ON THE BOX, took everything out of it, checked it all, matched seriel numbers. Then they had a manager come and decide if they would issue credit or not. i did have to pay 14 and change out of pocket, so they made some money. I don't see anything illegal at all. Was up to them to take it or not. O:)[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Shadows916']i picked up a fw screens at my TRU for 18.98 each. Turned one in at walmart for 141+ credit >:) and snagged a DS for 14 and change (had an 8 doller item returned as well on the same gift card)[/quote]

Is that really illegal or just bad...[/quote]

Returning an item to where you didn't buy it is fraud, regardless if they take it back or not. Just because you have a vendetta against Walmart doesn't give you the right to defraud them. Again, it doesn't matter if they took it back or not, you're still commiting fraud.[/quote]

I don't think it's fraud if they don't ask...
Besides, they're just going to sell it anyway.
How many times do you think your girlfriend purchased worn panties from victoria's secret?
eww

[quote name='jetblac']I don't think it's fraud if they don't ask...
Besides, they're just going to sell it anyway.
How many times do you think your girlfriend purchased worn panties from victoria's secret?
eww[/quote]

That has always made me uncomfortable... What if someone with lice was trying on something on this rack? eewww.......

I used to work for Walmart, and I can tell you that money isn't going to the employees... We even had to work through breaks all the time... Walmart sucks.

i have a question? did the walmart still sell the screens? because mine hasnt for like a year or so. so they didnt ask you how long did you buy it? im just curius how you were able to return it without a recipt, even though now it is an outdated product.

[quote name='Kayden']Semantics my friend, semantics...
Just give it to a friend and have them give it to you and say 'if you don't want it bring it to Walmart'. It't not lying because you didn't say it came from Walmart, you just say you were told to bring it to Walmart and that it was given to you by a friend. ^_^[/quote]

Semanitcs? Uh, no, fraud is still fraud.

Here's the refresher for the definition of fraud.

This is what you're doing: an act of deceiving or misrepresenting

You didn't buy the item at Walmart, so you have no legal right to return it there. You're not due credit for something you didn't buy. You're deceiving them in trying to return it, and misrepresenting it being sold there to you. Under the line of "if you don't want it, bring it to Walmart", you're still lying because it never came from Walmart. Just not directly, you're lying by omitting that it was bought elsewhere.

Ergo, it's fraud.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Kayden']Semantics my friend, semantics...
Just give it to a friend and have them give it to you and say 'if you don't want it bring it to Walmart'. It't not lying because you didn't say it came from Walmart, you just say you were told to bring it to Walmart and that it was given to you by a friend. ^_^[/quote]

You didn't buy the item at Walmart, so you have no legal right to return it there. You're not due credit for something you didn't buy. You're deceiving them in trying to return it, and misrepresenting it being sold there to you. Under the line of "if you don't want it, bring it to Walmart", you're still lying because it never came from Walmart. Just not directly, you're lying by omitting that it was bought elsewhere.

Ergo, it's fraud.[/quote]I think you're confusing the text book definition of fraud with how it is defined by the legal system. I'd like to see some sort of LEGAL (not a dictionary definition) of fraud and I honestly doubt it will include or even cover "exchanging an item you purchased at one store at another store". The store does not LOSE any money by taking the item back since that is what it will be sold at when it returns to the salesfloor although they won' be making any money on it. I doubt this is illegal so you can stop beating that horse, but it may be immoral and repulsive to some. Finish the bitching and get over it.

[quote name='AtlusParker'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Kayden']Semantics my friend, semantics...

Ergo, it's fraud.[/quote]I think you're confusing the text book definition of fraud with how it is defined by the legal system. I'd like to see some sort of LEGAL (not a dictionary definition) of fraud and I honestly doubt it will include or even cover "exchanging an item you purchased at one store at another store". The store does not LOSE any money by taking the item back since that is what it will be sold at when it returns to the salesfloor although they won' be making any money on it. I doubt this is illegal so you can stop beating that horse, but it may be immoral and repulsive to some. Finish the bitching and get over it.[/quote]

How about here?

Definition of Fraud

All multifarious means which human ingenuity can devise, and which are resorted to by one individual to get an advantage over another by false suggestions or suppression of the truth. It includes all surprises, tricks, cunning or dissembling, and any unfair way which another is cheated.

Source: Black’s Law Dictionary, 5th ed., by Henry Campbell Black, West Publishing Co., St. Paul, Minnesota, 1979.

Suppression of the truth is what seems to be going on here. He didn't buy the item from Walmart and is returning it to them, untruthfully, to get an advantage over them by gaining a much larger store credit in comparison to the cost of the item from Meijer. He's tricking them into taking the item back by saying it was purchased there.

How's that for you?

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='AtlusParker'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Kayden']Semantics my friend, semantics...

Ergo, it's fraud.[/quote]I think you're confusing the text book definition of fraud with how it is defined by the legal system. I'd like to see some sort of LEGAL (not a dictionary definition) of fraud and I honestly doubt it will include or even cover "exchanging an item you purchased at one store at another store". The store does not LOSE any money by taking the item back since that is what it will be sold at when it returns to the salesfloor although they won' be making any money on it. I doubt this is illegal so you can stop beating that horse, but it may be immoral and repulsive to some. Finish the bitching and get over it.[/quote]

How about here?

Definition of Fraud

All multifarious means which human ingenuity can devise, and which are resorted to by one individual to get an advantage over another by false suggestions or suppression of the truth. It includes all surprises, tricks, cunning or dissembling, and any unfair way which another is cheated.

Source: Black’s Law Dictionary, 5th ed., by Henry Campbell Black, West Publishing Co., St. Paul, Minnesota, 1979.

Suppression of the truth is what seems to be going on here. He didn't buy the item from Walmart and is returning it to them, untruthfully, to get an advantage over them by gaining a much larger store credit in comparison to the cost of the item from Meijer. He's tricking them into taking the item back by saying it was purchased there.

How's that for you?[/quote]Do you know how vague that is? If I pointed up at the sky to make you look so I could punch you in the stomach, that would be covered under that. So in addition to assault I'd be facing fraud charges? Doubt it and I'd really like to see WalMart tried to prosecute this guy. I'm not saying what he did was right, but you don't need to fuck this guy in the ass because he saw an opportunity and took it. And for the curiosity's sake, did you ever abuse the target rain check policy? That'd be covered under your definition of "legal fraud" right there. Even if you hadn't I wonder how many would-be "flamers" in this thread have.

It's actually not fraud in Wal-Mart's case. They accept unopened copies of anything as long as they sell it regardless of where you bought it. There is nothing in their return policy stating you had to have purchased the product at a Wal-Mart store.

Also, it's not fraud because you aren't ripping anyone off. Wal-Mart sells all their products slightly beneath the MSRP, and they also have a lowest-price garuntee, so if you were to purchase the original product at Wal-Mart with the same garuntee, you'd be causing them to lose just as much money as if you had done the no-reciept return, and in actuality, they're likely to make more money off of you because you'll end up spending more than the store credit value of the product, as in the case with the DS. Wal-Mart made $14 more than they would have if he had done a price match. If Wal-Mart is selling the product for that amount, and you're forced to put that money back into their system because they give you store credit, it is seen as a Customer Service filing success in their management department, then later as a purchase. The product is worth that much money to Wal-Mart, so they're buying it from you. You aren't ripping them off if you're selling something through customer service. It may be considered a part of their "return policy" by many customers, but "recieving store credit for an unopened item without a reciept," as they put it, is listed as customer service and operates differently from the 100% Satisfaction Garunteed return policy.

But in the end, it comes down to a moral value. If you don't feel right about it, don't do it. If you don't care, go for it - Wal-Mart could change their return policy and be like every other store if they thought it was a problem.

As a former Wal-Mart manager, I'd like to say that Wal-Mart company policy is to give refunds on *any* item that the store currently sells. It does not matter if the item was purchased at Wal-Mart or if it still has a K-Mart price tag on it - Wal-Mart employees are supposed to take it back. They might give you crap over it, but by their own policies, they are supposed to do it.

*Therefore*, is it illegal if it is Wal-Mart's policy?

Oh man, someone's gotta say it. And because no one knows me, I'll say it.

Ohhhh snap, shut down Shrike4242!

lol jk :p

dang! :( it would have been cheaper for me to have bought it at meijer

I ended up paying 57 total for a used psone, new lcd screen, and a duel shock controller.

[quote name='balzak520']Oh man, someone's gotta say it. And because no one knows me, I'll say it.

lol jk :p[/quote]

Damn big stones you seem to have. I stopped arguing the point because it was pointless and going nowhere, being a case of agreeing to disagree over the point. If you felt you needed to get the last word in, go feel the rush of power in your gut over it. Enjoy.

Woa, chill out, it was just in good humor!

Didn't mean no harm. I have nothing to do with this argument, just trying to lighten the mood...

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='balzak520']Oh man, someone's gotta say it. And because no one knows me, I'll say it.

lol jk :p[/quote]

Damn big stones you seem to have. I stopped arguing the point because it was pointless and going nowhere, being a case of agreeing to disagree over the point. If you felt you needed to get the last word in, go feel the rush of power in your gut over it. Enjoy.[/quote]

But by doing that you just got the last word in :(

I used to do this, but don't do it anymore. I'd go into the store and say "I'd like to get an exchange-- I have no receipt." Why don't I do this anymore? Because it seems there are people out there who perceive it as less than fully honest, and I have chosen to live my life above reproach. I personally don't see the practice as dishonest-- unless you directly tell the person at the counter that you bought it at one of their stores when you didn't (or maybe that you got the item as a gift when you definitely did not).

Some may say that omitting some factual information is where I'm going wrong, but the fact remains that they just don't really care, as long as the game is shrinkwrapped and never been used. When I'd say-- "I'd like to get an exchange"-- I am stating things exactly as I mean them. I am asking for the store to allow me to bring to them a perfectly good item and get some other item that they view as having equal value. The store may not make money in the transaction, but they probably will make money off me in the end when I over-buy while I'm in their store using the store credit just obtained. . .

Also, if I was asked if I bought the item at their store, I would either tell them "no", or remark that I'd rather keep them guessing. Then the person at the counter would either tell me yes or no. I wasn't asked the "did you buy it here" question but maybe two times. In those circumstances, this never ended up in my being rejected, if I recall correctly.

I would say that a store like Wal-Mart isn't being defrauded unless you were taking a different game and putting it in the case of a more desirable game case, then shrinkwrapping it, or putting some rocks in a Gameboy Advance box. From what I've heard, there are people out there who have done some of these things. That is fraud.

Anyway, I stopped doing this because I want to be known as a person who is not involved in controversial practices.

This website brings me the good deals, so I don't have to take games to another store for credit in order to feel like I got a good deal. And I'm really happy with life this way.

Steve

bread's done
Back