PSOne/LCD Combe $37.48 at Target B&M

JibbaJabba

CAGiversary!
Target has the combo on clearance for $37.48. YMMV
Grabbed the last one too.

I posted this in the Target thread, but thought this was a DAMN good deal and it deserved to be listed seperately.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='burgundy']Question: I picked up the last combo at a local Target a few weeks ago for $104. What are the chances I can get a refund on the price difference, and how?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you got 30 days, and you gotta have the receipt, and just go to customer service.

That's how it would work at BB or CC...but I'm sketchy as to whether Target offers the same policy.

Anyone here work for Target?

It really depends on the worker. Official policy is no price adjustments on clearance items.

If your Target still has them, buy another one and return that one with the $104 receipt

I don't think any Target in driving range has them.

But I'm thinking if I lug the thing around to every Target in the area, someone will hook it up.

went to kingston mall targt, no luck, BUT i was able to score a rain check for it, with the 37 price. now they have to give it to me, i have proof :D .

question: anyone here who works in chains (bb, cc) know about th pricematch policy? i was at bb today, trying to get bb to pm the bundle for this price, but they refused. are they allowed to do that? the ad says they will match any price. this info would help as then i can get it this weekend.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']went to kingston mall targt, no luck, BUT i was able to score a rain check for it, with the 37 price. now they have to give it to me, i have proof :D .

question: anyone here who works in chains (bb, cc) know about th pricematch policy? i was at bb today, trying to get bb to pm the bundle for this price, but they refused. are they allowed to do that? the ad says they will match any price. this info would help as then i can get it this weekend.[/quote] What was the percentage off on the ticket? I really want a PS2 and this may be the best way to get one

none. its not a sale price, its the base price. i only got it as proof to pm at other stores. it says target sells it for 37, so im hoping i can get bb to price match for 110% the difference, effectively making the combo only 25 bucks. :D heres to hoping.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin'] .

question: anyone here who works in chains (bb, cc) know about th pricematch policy? i was at bb today, trying to get bb to pm the bundle for this price, but they refused. are they allowed to do that? the ad says they will match any price. this info would help as then i can get it this weekend.[/quote]

Store Price Guarantee
If, within 30 days* (14 days for computers, monitors, printers and notebooks, camcorders, digital cameras and radar detectors) of your purchase from Best Buy, you find a local competitor (excluding Internet competitors) offering a lower price on an available product of the same brand and model, we'll refund the difference plus another 10% of the difference. Just bring us a current ad or other verifiable written proof of the lower price, plus your original Best Buy sales receipt to claim your refund. This offer good only on all new in-the-box products of the same brand and model that are available in-store at any other local authorized retailer. It does not apply to competitor's one-of-a-kind or other limited quantity offer , or when a bonus or free offer (such as special financing program or manufacturer's rebate) is included in the purchase. Offer does not apply to BestBuy.com pricing. All returns exchanges and price adjustments must be made in the country of original purchase. Go to the customer service counter for details.

I guess they could technically not price match it because of that
[/b]

hmmm clever wording there. i will have to try and scam er convince them to give it to me for that price. wish me luck, i may walk away with the bundle for 25

One of the cool thigs about the combo is that the screen has a a/v in on the back through mini pin.

So that means if you have a 50 dollar power converter and a ps2 and 3 female to female rca connectors and the rca to mini pin cable (5 bucks form RS) you can be playing ps2 xbox or gamecube on that little screen. As well as dvd's.

Now thats pretty cool.

Ohh i found the 40 buck car adaptor for 4.38 at target a few day ago.

The problem with doing that...how the heck can you get the screen to stand on its own without the PSone...

It seems like you need to take the PSone and the screen even if you only plan on using the screen.

Seems like there were some strange returns recently. I picked up the Transfromers Armada Unicron for 10 (was 50).

What's really weird is that the same toy, albiet repainted, is still being sold for 50 at Target, TRU, etc.

I perfer the Armada one anyways... it's the same look Unicron had in the Transformers movie.

I find it odd and unethical that best buy would price match competitors but won't match their own internet prices in-store.
What lame-asses these people are.

I am really envious right now. I'd jump on this deal, if it wasn't for the fact that I'm snowed in for the morning. :x

[quote name='jetblac']I find it odd and unethical that best buy would price match competitors but won't match their own internet prices in-store.
What lame-asses these people are.[/quote]

Best Buy is not the only store that won't price match internet stores. I used to work in customer service at a Circuit City, they do the same thing. If you want the item from the store, go online and order it, and select the option to pick it up from in store. Any other way, you can't get the deal.

technically its not a raincheck, the guy was really nice and copied the number over to the computer, and i asked him for a guarantee of price, so i can pricematch it. he just game me a raincheck that says lcd/psone combo for 37.48. trying to pm at either, bes buy, circuit city, or wal mart tomorrow.

anyone know who is most likely to give it to me at this price (other than target)?

So this is a PS1 plus the little screen with it for 37? So if i found this, I could play it on the road on the 5 inch screen right? I just wanna make sure... If so, thats is a pretty awesome deal, I am going to Target later too, I will post anything I find.

if you get it pricematched could you send me your raincheck type thing? My target has them, but they set they are not fond of clearance, and none of the prices they have are like anything found in the target clearance thread.

But I would still like a scan of the barcode to see as they have the systems behind glass casess, and maybe this one time it would be 37

good, i need a replacement. for some reason, my old screen from almost two years ago somehow broke on the inside and won't hold in position. it pissed me off so much.

Called mine said they didnt have it but when I called and asked for ARC IV they said they didnt have it but they did...What should I do? It's a 1 hour bike ride and I have to cross 3 highways.

If some one could get me one I would give them $50 through paypal, plus however it is to ship it. Seriously.... PLEASE

I've already been to Targets all over the East, South and North Bay areas looking for the LCD screen alone, and don't remember seeing any combos during that time.
*sigh*

I just called up the Meriden CT... and they have NOTHING! I can't find any PS one's on clearance that's in stock. I will have to resort to eBay soon

For any San Diego and up through Oceanside CAG's - after calling most stores in San Diego, one lady was able to tell me that not a single one exists in their regional merchant inventory. The region being from San Diego to Long Beach she said. It was listed at $37 in the system too :( and quite a few people said they had a bunch about 3 weeks ago.... FRICK!

Good news for me. I got probably the last two LCD screen combo's in Oregon the other day, one for myself, and one for a relative. :D

This site amz teh r0x >_>_>_>

yeah, i called mine and they said they didn't sell the PS1/LCD combos. maybe they have that cheapass Arc the Lad: TotS clearance. i really want to try that game out.

[quote name='ChaosZero']YEAH! my cousin bought the last two sealed PS ones. I'll be getting it sometime this week. WOO HOO![/quote]

In NEw YOrk? Damn You!
what store did you find it.

I went to Target in Greenville NC and they had sold the last few like 4 days earlier......I really wanted one for my car too....

not in NY... somewhere in cali. He called me up a half hour ago, telling me he picked up two of them, and will ship mine tomorrow. I was about to use eBay...

edit: And no, there are no more where he got it... He got one for himself and one for me.

I was cheated of this!!! :(, My local target had these priced at regular price....so I drive out about another 40 minutes to visit another target and tru, still nothing, but at least tru had some games i needed. So a few days later i see this being advertised all over fatwallet... i go back to the first target, and they had just marked them down, and someone bought them...most likly employees :(...i guess its good if they are gamers. Ill request this again, if anyone can be so generous. Thanks!

same here - i have PAYPAL and would pay if someone could hook me up - no TARGETS in CT have this deal anymore, I have been all over

Went to a Target in the south burbs of Chicago. They had one, but the pricetag said $105 on it. Any chance it would come up for the $37 if it was scanned?

I'm hitting up another one on my way home from work. Wish me luck. If they have extras, I'll pick them up for my fellow CAGers.

It will ring up at $37. Just bring it to one of the in-store scanners to see for yourself. You should go back and grab it if you can. This is probably one of the best deals ever.

It's possible it still will ring up for $105. About 10 days ago, I checked a Target and it was still scanning for $105 even though everyone here found them for $37.48 days before I checked.

I hit up two other Targets on my way home. No luck. I'm going back to the one I found the combo at tomorrow and having them scan it. I'll let you know what happens!

Well, went back to the Target on my lunch hour. Same guy was working behind the counter that I talked to yesterday. Felt like an ass (a cheap ass, I suppose!) asking him to take it out again, but he was total cool about it, even saying how sometimes the prices scan in differently. He scans it in and it came up the $37!! I almost felt like I was scamming them! Paid for it and gleefully left the store. Thank you Cheap Ass Gamer!

Thought I saw someone mentioning a battery pack for this. Any good deals on it? :) Any game suggestions?

I'll be passing by another Target tomorrow in NW Indiana. I'll buy any combos they have for CAGers.

[quote name='Birbo']
I'll be passing by another Target tomorrow in NW Indiana. I'll buy any combos they have for CAGers.[/quote]

sign me up please! I'd love to have one, there are no Targets w/in 45 mins of me :?

bread's done
Back