PSone Memory Card?

rpepper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Does anyone know if I can find the Sony brand PSone memory cards at a retailer? Have they been discontinued? I have some titles in my backlog that I want to play and don't want to wait a few months for a PS3 to play them. I'm not really interested in used cards.

I have one sealed one sitting in my collection somewhere. You can make me an offer on that. But to answer your original question, yes they are discontinued and I haven't seen one in a LONG time in the stores.

Well, I'm moving in a month and when I get my collection back out and take stock of my situation, I will let you know if I'm interested. Thanks though. I don't know why I waited so long to worry about it...I should have stocked up like I did on VMUs when they left stores...lol.

I also have a couple of used ones (I think mostly 3rd party...), and a double one (2mb, has a switch on the top to go back and forth). Let me know, though it looks like I'm 3rd in line as a supplier, haha.

Thanks guys. Like I said, I'm looking mostly for sealed, 1st party cards. I went crazy and bought about 7 or 8 VMUs when the Dreamcast died and they were $10ish. I missed out on these and was just interested in playing Chrono Trigger. My stuff is all packed, and I'm pretty sure I have a card or two somewhere here...but once I move I'll know (and subsequently let you know).

Frankly, I should just play other stuff in my backlog and wait until the MGS4 PS3 bundle and have virtual cards. :) Thanks for all of the responses, and I'll keep you guys in mind!

I don't think you could find any sealed 1st party cards, unless you get lucky on eBay. If only there was someway to back up PS1 saves from my cards to my computer w/o a Dexdrive or those legacy ports... I actually worry about my saves being corrupted...

[quote name='Machine']There are sellers on Amazon that have new PS1 memory cards for sale[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that...something like $11-12 for them. I was hoping to find a cheaper deal. Thanks though.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned pawn shops. Most of em that have any kind of game selection will have a metric assload of em. I picked one up from a shop that wanted $10 for one. After pointing out the inch of dust on em, the fact that they were *never* going to move all of em, and the not-so-subtle suggestion that they may not even work (they had no interest in testing them), they let me grab one for $5. Worked like a charm.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I don't think you could find any sealed 1st party cards, unless you get lucky on eBay. If only there was someway to back up PS1 saves from my cards to my computer w/o a Dexdrive or those legacy ports... I actually worry about my saves being corrupted...[/quote]

I've used a Dexdrive for years and haven't had any problems. It's a pretty straight-forward backup process and it gives me piece of mind on most of my third party cards with saves like my complete Valkyrie Profile & Castlevania: SoTN saves. I think Dexdrive will work with Windows 95, too.

If you have a PS2 card, you could transfer games to it just to let be held there, so you can free up any old PSone cards you have and save on those. But remember, PS2 can only save, not read PSone game saves

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I don't think you could find any sealed 1st party cards, unless you get lucky on eBay. If only there was someway to back up PS1 saves from my cards to my computer w/o a Dexdrive or those legacy ports... I actually worry about my saves being corrupted...[/quote]

if your using a ps2 you can transpher your saves to a ps2 card. You can't read them off of the card, but you can store them there and access them later. I have a 64 mb ps2 memory card and a 32 mb one, so I usually back up my saves that way.

And as far as 3rd party ps1 memory cards are concerned, you can't use them on slimline ps2's. Learned that the hard way. Needs to be first party for it to work on a slimline.

bread's done
Back