PSP 1GB Pro Duo Memory Stick - $24.95

Bartex

CAGiversary!
Well personally this is one of the cheapest prices I've seen for a 1GB Pro Duo Memory Stick. The internet superstore, Buy.com have a current discounted price of $35.95 for the stick, however adding to this, SanDisk have their own rebate worth $11 for this stick. This takes the overall price to $24.95. The particular model is the coloured PSP gaming version, SDMSG-1024-A10. The rebate form is available here, and also extends to offer you $12 off a Cruzer 512MB micro, and $13 off a 1GB CompactFlash all made by SanDisk. The rebate for Buy.com is only available till the 4th of June, so get buying!

This is probably a dumb question.... but... will this "gaming" memory stick work in cameras that use memory stick pro duos or is this card for PSPs only?

[quote name='jimbodan']This is probably a dumb question.... but... will this "gaming" memory stick work in cameras that use memory stick pro duos or is this card for PSPs only?[/QUOTE]
Works the same in all devices...It's just a marketing tool.

Hmmm....I sold my 1gb to gamestop for $40...maybe its about time I get another.

Thanks OP

EDIT: How is buy.com with rebates?

i heard buy.com rebates are bad, but if its from SD directly then it would be ok. i'm still waiting for a deal on a 2gb

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Thanks OP, was looking for a decent deal on a memory stick, this is pretty good ($33 after 10% off discount, free shipping, and $11 rebate).[/QUOTE]

Is there a 10% off coupon code?

worked for me, u have to add the coupon to your cart first then add the memory stick. with the 11 mir i can get it for 15 dollars.

[quote name='Prock']worked for me, u have to add the coupon to your cart first then add the memory stick. with the 11 mir i can get it for 15 dollars.[/QUOTE]

Did you get past checkout and actually get the order to go through?

For me it looks fine until I hit the "Place your order" button and then I get a message saying it isn't valid on my purchase

for some reason it keeps taking me to checkout then to my shopping basket then back to checkout and shopping basket. it wont let me pay for it using paypal.

when i go to checkout

* You must purchase at least $200.00 worth of qualifying products in the stores/categories/products this coupon is valid for to redeem it."

comes up, so the coupon doesnt work.

[quote name='whoknows']Hmmm....I sold my 1gb to gamestop for $40...maybe its about time I get another.

Thanks OP

[/QUOTE]

Did you trade in your 1GB recently to gamestop?? For $40, I will dump mine.

[quote name='chior']Did you trade in your 1GB recently to gamestop?? For $40, I will dump mine.[/QUOTE]
It was last month that I did it..I'm not sure if they are still doing it for that much or not, you can always call and check though :)

Hey, anyone know if the final price is what Buy.com says, or my account? My account shows 25.95, but the buy.com order is 35.95, or about 10 bucks more? I used a gift certificate.

[quote name='whoknows']It was last month that I did it..I'm not sure if they are still doing it for that much or not, you can always call and check though :)[/QUOTE]
thanks, I will check it tomorrow when i rip GS with 3 crappy games and one dragon quest vii. GS/EB here refuse to give trade-in quote over the phone.

Came out to $35.xx but I had a $5.00 coupon from some fiasco (don't remember what) so it ended up being $30.xx before rebate!:hot: This deal wins! Thanks OP!

Oh, and for the record, I believe these mem sticks were pitted against Sony's in a test for which is the best for the PSP over al Cnet. These came out on top and they were much less than Sony's. So this is a damn good deal!:)

[quote name='nonggame']This deal is soooo hot my ass is burning. I'll have to pass for now, must wait for 2 gigs to drop[/QUOTE]

Why is everyone on these boards so excited about a 1 gb for 25 AR and earlier this week a 1gb for $35? It seems people are more excited about these deals than they were about the 2gb for $50 AR at Frys and the 1gb for $15 AR at OD that happened last week.

[quote name='pinoy530']Why is everyone on these boards so excited about a 1 gb for 25 AR and earlier this week a 1gb for $35? It seems people are more excited about these deals than they were about the 2gb for $50 AR at Frys and the 1gb for $15 AR at OD that happened last week.[/QUOTE]

because I didn't know there is 1GB duo for $15 and 2GB for $50. I assumed those deals were dead,right?

[quote name='pinoy530']Why is everyone on these boards so excited about a 1 gb for 25 AR and earlier this week a 1gb for $35? It seems people are more excited about these deals than they were about the 2gb for $50 AR at Frys and the 1gb for $15 AR at OD that happened last week.[/QUOTE]

But what brand were they? Sandisk Gaming Memory Sticks are the least likely to be fake since you can see right thru them.

[quote name='pimpinc333']But what brand were they? Sandisk Gaming Memory Sticks are the least likely to be fake since you can see right thru them.[/QUOTE]

The 2 GB one at Fry's was the normal san disk ones, the blue ones that come with mem stick adaptors and the 1 Gb from Office Depot was a Lexar. And considering they were sold at major national chains like Fry's and Office Depot, they couldn't have been fake.

I dunno, just seems weird that last weeks awesome deals weren't talked about much and this week the $25 1gb gets on the front page. Maybe itwas cuz the 2GB one was in the Fry's thread, and not in its own thread.

[quote name='pinoy530']
I dunno, just seems weird that last weeks awesome deals weren't talked about much and this week the $25 1gb gets on the front page. Maybe itwas cuz the 2GB one was in the Fry's thread, and not in its own thread.[/QUOTE]

That's why I always think a good deal should have its own thread. I rarely check the Fry deal thread as it takes time to sort through pages of non-deal replies.

[quote name='pinoy530']The 2 GB one at Fry's was the normal san disk ones, the blue ones that come with mem stick adaptors and the 1 Gb from Office Depot was a Lexar. And considering they were sold at major national chains like Fry's and Office Depot, they couldn't have been fake.

I dunno, just seems weird that last weeks awesome deals weren't talked about much and this week the $25 1gb gets on the front page. Maybe itwas cuz the 2GB one was in the Fry's thread, and not in its own thread.[/QUOTE]

Well, a Fry's thread does me no good because there isn't one within 150 miles. The Lexar one wasn't that appealing because I prefer Sony or Sandisk.

There are plenty of 2GB Sonys going for about $70 with shipping, hopefully that will drop once the 4 and 8GB models hit.

I just got my memory stick yesterday. I was surprised because I picked the free shipping and it arrived in about 4 days. Awesome deal, thanks again OP!

bread's done
Back