PSP-2000 Clearance at Shop-Ko (YMMV)

"PSP-2000
The PSP-2000 (marketted in PAL areas as "PSP Slim & Lite" and still marketted as PSP in North America and Japan)[69] is the first redesign of the PlayStation Portable.
At E3 2007, Sony released information about a slimmer and lighter version of the PlayStation Portable.[70] The new PSP is 33% lighter and 19% slimmer than the original PSP system.[70] The model numbers have changed to PSP-2000, following the previous region-based numbering scheme (cf. the PSP-1000 numbering scheme of the "old" PSP model).
It was released on August 30, 2007 in Hong Kong, on September 5, 2007 in Europe, on September 6, 2007 in North America, September 7, 2007 in South Korea and September 12, 2007 in Australia. On January 8, 2008 built-in Skype Wifi Internet phone service was added via firmware updates.[71]
[edit] PSP-3000

In comparison to the PSP-2000, the PSP-3000 (marketted in PAL areas as "PSP Slim & Lite (with enhanced screen + built in microphone)" and still marketted as PSP in North America and Japan) has an improved LCD screen with an increased color range, five times the contrast ratio, half the pixel response time to reduce ghosting and blurring effects, a new sub-pixel structure, a microphone, a new disc tray design, new button designs and logos, and anti-reflective technology to improve outdoor playability. It can also output all games by component or composite using the video out cable. [72]
In its first four days on sale, the PSP-3000 sold 141,270 units in Japan, according to Famitsu.[73] In October 2008, the PSP-3000 sold 267,000 units in Japan, according to Enterbrain."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='freeorelse']My antivirus blocked that site.[/QUOTE]
really? hmmm lemme find a wiki or something that should be more user friendly.

[quote name='AngelfanA16']I will gladly pay a CAG money to buy and ship me one. If you're of the kind and generous nature, let me know.[/QUOTE]

Add me to that list. :)

[quote name='Vincent_Core']Minnesota[/QUOTE]

Which city, specifically? I'm going down to Red Wing for Thanksgiving, and if this is on the way, I might finally buy a PSP for the drive back.

I went to the Shopko in River Falls, WI and they had no deals on systems but had the composite video cables for $1.99. There was only one set left. Aside from that, they had a two pack of games, Katamari and the EA Replay, for $6.99.

[quote name='ricshos']I'll gladly pay 100+ shipping to anyone that can find a God of War version for me :)[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Id prob jump in too if we found a shopko that had the inventory and a CAG'n willing to pick up the merchandise for a nominal reparation/

any of the package deals still available?

[quote name='ricshos']I'll gladly pay 100+ shipping to anyone that can find a God of War version for me :)[/QUOTE]

I second that motion, but I'd pay that for the Daxter one as well. If anyone, anywhere knows of either one of those PSP 2000s new for under $150 please let me know.

This is going to be soooo very YMMV. I just called my Shopko and no dice. I will probably take a look in person later today but this should be pretty hard to find.

I went to all 3 in my city and nothing. One store had 1 3000 series, but that was it. I did pick up Dead Space on Clearance for $13 and Hotel Dusk for $10.49 though and saw Mass Effect for $10.49.

same here. If anyone CAG's find some please PM ME!!!

One Shopko near me (Spokane Valley, WA) had component and composite tv cables for psp $1.99, an AC batterey charger for $3.50 (picked up the last one), and psp earbuds w/ mic for $2.99. Not sure if the one near my house has the same thing, I'll try to get up there and check. If I see the clearance psps I'll grab one for sale to one of you guys, but that Shopko never has ANY good deals so it's not likely.

UPDATE: Checked back at this shopko, they still had the previously mentioned items at the same price, but psp systems were full price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Squarehard']What in the world is a shopko ~_~[/QUOTE]They are a department store. Kind of like a target or something similar except they have more outdoor stuff at a lot of them and a bigger hardware department. I personally like them better because they are usually smaller than targets and less busy/annoying.

Anyways, if i can find the GoW bundle, I will post it and find what shipping is.

Wooow, thats an epic deal, i would so buy if i lived near one >_>, my Darth Vader PSP 2000 needs a friend, atleast one that isnt a PSP Go.

bread's done
Back