PSP 3000 - $130 at Amazon (PM of KMart)

[quote name='fujishig']I had to look up pro duo prices to see what you were talking about. Wow.

A few weeks ago I bought a 16 GB Memory Stick Micro for my PSP Go... and it seems like the micros (25 to 30 bucks for 16 GB) are much cheaper than the Pro Duos (44 to 47 for 16 GB), and I have no idea why. I have no idea what the NGP is going to use, but I don't see why you can't just buy a micro 16GB and an adapter for much less than the price of a Pro Duo 16GB on Amazon. Is there something wrong with the adapters or the Micros?[/QUOTE]

Same here. I bought a 16gb m2 Memory Stick + a MS Pro Duo adapter for ~$26 (including shipping) from amazon. I have both a PSP Go and a PSP 1000 so it's a win-win situation if I decide to expand my memory capacity on either of the PSP units. The m2 Memory stick works perfectly on the PSP Go, and when I use the adapter it works exactly the same way a Memory Stick Pro Duo would in my PSP 1000.

[quote name='sukru']The Pro Duo's have always been more expensive than comparable flash memory solutions (i.e.: SD)

However AFAIK, Memory Stick offers a better performance. Although I cannot confirm it myself.[/QUOTE]

But the Memory Stick Micro is a Memory stick (it's the one that's required for the PSP Go). Are you saying that it's flash based? I thought it was just a smaller version of the pro duo...

[quote name='fujishig']But the Memory Stick Micro is a Memory stick (it's the one that's required for the PSP Go). Are you saying that it's flash based? I thought it was just a smaller version of the pro duo...[/QUOTE]

They are all flash memories, basic technology is the same, but the actual parts used differ a lot. It's even possible to speed up the media twice, by cutting the size in half (actually it goes the other way around).

Anyways, I had no prior experience with MS Micro. I was able to find a general comparison,that says the max read speed is 20MB/s, which is the same as MS Pro Duo, and less than MicroSD, but these are "theoretical maximums", and does not mean much.
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_memory_cards )

Can't wait till this hits the inevitable 99$ price tag as we get closer to the psp2 and 3ds so many good games I've never played.

bread's done
Back