PSP 3000 discontinued?

steve_k

CAGiversary!
Is the PSP 3000 still under production, or has it been discontinued? I plan to buy a backup of each of the current systems right before they are pulled from store shelves and are no longer available brand new. The PS3 and Xbox 360 will probably be on retail shelves for three to five more years and possibly longer. However, the PSP is dying. As complex as current generation systems are, there are so many components that could break. Because of this, I would rather not buy a used PSP, PS3, or Xbox 360 ten years from now.

Is now the time to buy a PSP, or is the PSP still in production? MSRP is $130. I would like to see MSRP drop to $99 before they are gone forever.

[quote name='steve_k']Is the PSP 3000 still under production, or has it been discontinued? I plan to buy a backup of each of the current systems right before they are pulled from store shelves and are no longer available brand new. The PS3 and Xbox 360 will probably be on retail shelves for three to five more years and possibly longer. However, the PSP is dying. As complex as current generation systems are, there are so many components that could break. Because of this, I would rather not buy a used PSP, PS3, or Xbox 360 ten years from now.

Is now the time to buy a PSP, or is the PSP still in production? MSRP is $130. I would like to see MSRP drop to $99 before they are gone forever.[/QUOTE]

No it isn't discontinued yet. I agree with buying an extra system or two as backups; I have a few new spares myself (besides three used ones, an original, 2000, and 3000).

One of my backup new 3000s was picked up during Black Friday last year for $99; if you check around this coming Black Friday, you might well find this exact deal again, or maybe even a better one. Good luck!

bread's done
Back