PSP 3000 Gran Turismo Bundle-$99.99 FS, Refurb CowBoom-In and Out of Stock

[quote name='romodome']Cowboom is a bestbuy.com company and I have bought a couple items from them like a Wii, Toshiba Tl220, Zune HD, 32 inch TV and a laptop(all refurbs, look brand new, no problems). [/QUOTE]

Did your stuff come in the original packaging?

[quote name='kell']Did your stuff come in the original packaging?[/QUOTE]

everything except the Wii. and in new condition, the zune and the camera actually had those screen protecters that that new items have.

I just Googled some reviews on CowBoom and they aren't all too favorable...I figured I would share before anyone pulled the trigger.

Either way, thanks for the deal.

The three major deals they have had recently have good reviews on slickdeals. Those are the $99 net book, the $90 Wii and the $199 32 inch TV. The negatives seem that they only offer refunds on returns and not replacements and that they dont have quality control on their "refurbs". I can say that all the stuff I bought have been good and look new and crossing my fingers on this.

[quote name='romodome']The three major deals they have had recently have good reviews on slickdeals. Those are the $99 net book, the $90 Wii and the $199 32 inch TV. The negatives seem that they only offer refunds on returns and not replacements and that they dont have quality control on their "refurbs". I can say that all the stuff I bought have been good and look new and crossing my fingers on this.[/QUOTE]

$90 Wii?
Is that still going on?

Thank you OP! Ordered one for myself. Do any of you guys know how often they put their 32" LCD's on sale?

I just got mine. Good deal, looks new, had the protective film on whole front and the battery compartment and battery was bagged. I noticed cowboom sells stuff on ebay now and they have been placing Refurb 360 (hdmi, internal memory) w/ 60 GB hard drives for $68.00 shipped. Good deal for the hard drive and controller and hope the system works as a bonus.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Got dammit I missed this deal. I woulda totally bought it...[/QUOTE]

ITs still in stock, they also havethe ratchet & Clank version also.

nevermind, the page is still active, but you cant add to cart. My bad.

I got it this time, checked back this morning after I missed it on the weekend, awesome, thnx for the heads up.

[quote name='SenorWooSuavA']I just Googled some reviews on CowBoom and they aren't all too favorable[/QUOTE]

[quote name='yorksj']Yea, reviews on Cowboom lean me towards a pass on this deal[/QUOTE]

You must remember but also never let it sway your decision that more people complain when something goes wrong than tell you when something goes right. In other words, you're dealing with the majority of people who have had a bad experience but the minority of people who had a good one.

Meh, it's just a bit of shopping wisdom I live by. I'm more inclined to believe the people in this thread who seem happy than a random schmo on Google who thinks a store is the worst ever because their package was late.

I bought this deal from them last week when this was originally posted. Everything arrived to me as promised and the PSP looks brand new. Not a single scratch on the unit. Thanks again for posting this op. Cowboom has been added to my bookmarks now as a site I check daily for deals.

i'm still waiting for mine, should be here today (7th) based off you guys getting yours yesterday. too bad i'll be too busy with physics to enjoy it :|

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Bro it says sold out.[/QUOTE]
It was saying it for me as well. But as I kept refreshing from time to time it came back in stock and I was able to order. So check back

Some did come back in stock because I placed an order like 30 minutes ago. Looks like it's unavailable for now though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant find the bookmarked page, but I put a link to the Ratchet and clank bundle and that is going in and out of stock as well. I got a xbox 360 60 GB bundle for $68.21 shipped from their ebay site as well as a ds lite for $56 and I am trying to snag a blueray player for about $45. Some good deals on their ebay stuff. I looks like they are unloading stuff fromthe bestbuy buyback program. They have added a total of 6 Xbox 360 60 GB in the last two days, hopefully they will add more.

I have a PSP 2000. Is there any big difference between that and the 3000 model? It seems like I could offload my PSP for somewhat close to what this is selling for.

I've managed to get the add to cart button show up a few times, but when it takes me to my cart it says they don't have any.

I ordered mine the day that the OP posted and have received no updates from Cowboom. My invoice has said pending for a week. Are they shipping it and just not updating my status? I live in PA, so if it is shipping from Texas, it has quite a way to go I guess.

[quote name='Hiei69']I ordered mine the day that the OP posted and have received no updates from Cowboom. My invoice has said pending for a week. Are they shipping it and just not updating my status? I live in PA, so if it is shipping from Texas, it has quite a way to go I guess.[/QUOTE]

Well I just received a ship notice email with UPS tracking number for the order that I placed earlier today. You should contact them and see what's the hold up.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Bro it says sold out.[/QUOTE]

"Bro" you checked and posted a good 13 hours after the other guy reported that it was in stock. When I checked online last night, it was in stock. :roll:

I called them and I am going to receive it eventually. I have the order shipping to my school apartment, which has a different address from my billing address. Apparently, they check these type of orders for fraud, which slows down the clearance process.

lol, I originally clicked the link to verify it was there, found it in stock, and started thinking about it. I realized I was going on a business trip at the end of this month and that this would be worth $100 for the sole purpose of making that trip less painful.

Having resolved to buy it, I clicked the link again and... poof. Sold out. D:

Guess I'll try again every once in awhile tonight as another poster suggested.

1253748724-Cool_story_bro_inc.jpg

geez, bros.

i just got mine today, the screen protector was still on the PSP (it looks brand new). apparently they were smart and put the memory stick on the front of the PSP, and placed both of those in a bubble wrap pouch thing. that wouldn't have turned out well if there was no screen protector D:
i didn't get some of the extras (the movie and whatever), but i got the 2GB memory stick, GT, manual (pretty bent up), brand new power adapter, and a brand new PSP manual. so i'm happy.

here's some pics if anyone is curious. it comes in a white box since it's a refurb.
0708001446.jpg

0708001445.jpg

0708001542.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
you may get it, you never know! :D just keep checking often!

mine came with firmware 6.20, if anyone is wondering about that too.

[quote name='Esoteria']Tell me guys, should I just go for this:
http://www.cowboom.com/store/productDetails.cfm?contentID=589334

Can't even access the OP's deal page any more -- used to say "sold out," but now I just get redirected. I don't think it's coming back. =(

I need a PSP before the end of the month one way or another. Do I jump on this one? Wait for another $130 Dell deal? HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED THIS!? ;_;[/QUOTE]

If you can get in on the GT bundle for $100, that's definitely the best deal. I picked up a new piano black one back in January for $150 and I love it - I've already played through God of War and a good portion of Burnout Legends, Resistance and Persona 1 - great system. Just make sure that you get the extended battery, the extra $40 is worth it for the additional battery life.

[quote name='Esoteria']Tell me guys, should I just go for this:
http://www.cowboom.com/store/productDetails.cfm?contentID=589334

Can't even access the OP's deal page any more -- used to say "sold out," but now I just get redirected. I don't think it's coming back. =(

I need a PSP before the end of the month one way or another. Do I jump on this one? Wait for another $130 Dell deal? HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED THIS!? ;_;[/QUOTE]

If you really can't wait, then sure, this is the best deal, at least used, that's shown up here in some time.

[quote name='mariol90']geez, bros.

i just got mine today, the screen protector was still on the PSP (it looks brand new). apparently they were smart and put the memory stick on the front of the PSP, and placed both of those in a bubble wrap pouch thing. that wouldn't have turned out well if there was no screen protector D:
i didn't get some of the extras (the movie and whatever), but i got the 2GB memory stick, GT, manual (pretty bent up), brand new power adapter, and a brand new PSP manual. so i'm happy.

here's some pics if anyone is curious. it comes in a white box since it's a refurb.
0708001446.jpg

0708001445.jpg

0708001542.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mariol90']you may get it, you never know! :D just keep checking often!

mine came with firmware 6.20, if anyone is wondering about that too.[/QUOTE]
Well, exactly the same thing on mine that I got today. Yes firmware 6.20 for me as well.

[quote name='Pato7']Well, exactly the same thing on mine that I got today. Yes firmware 6.20 for me as well.[/QUOTE]

cool, that's good for other people ordering too :D
sony must have updated them since they were refurbs.

maybe someone here can help, i tried connecting the psp to my PS3, and it simply acts like i didn't connect the PSP. it is in USB mode. a PS3 controller connects fine, and the PSP will connect to my desktop (but not my laptop? and both have the same exact OS). i wanted to try out remote play and some other stuff.

bread's done
Back