PSP 3000 Gran Turismo Bundle-$99.99 FS, Refurb CowBoom-In and Out of Stock

[quote name='mariol90']geez, bros.

i just got mine today, the screen protector was still on the PSP (it looks brand new). apparently they were smart and put the memory stick on the front of the PSP, and placed both of those in a bubble wrap pouch thing. that wouldn't have turned out well if there was no screen protector D:
i didn't get some of the extras (the movie and whatever), but i got the 2GB memory stick, GT, manual (pretty bent up), brand new power adapter, and a brand new PSP manual. so i'm happy.

here's some pics if anyone is curious. it comes in a white box since it's a refurb.
0708001446.jpg

0708001445.jpg

0708001542.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Received mines today. Looks brand new, exactly the same thing on mine. Firmware is 6.20

Mine finally shipped.
Pro tip: Don't order off these guys if your shipping address is more than a 100 miles (I think) from your billing address. Otherwise, frustration will follow.

[quote name='mariol90']cool, that's good for other people ordering too :D
sony must have updated them since they were refurbs.

maybe someone here can help, i tried connecting the psp to my PS3, and it simply acts like i didn't connect the PSP. it is in USB mode. a PS3 controller connects fine, and the PSP will connect to my desktop (but not my laptop? and both have the same exact OS). i wanted to try out remote play and some other stuff.[/QUOTE]
Remote play is not done through USB Connection, you have to register the PSP to the PS3(from the PS3) and than go through a few steps on both the PSP & PS3. Also download Ad Hoc Party on your PS3 so you can use the PSP online(if you don't have a wireless router).

[quote name='Pato7']Remote play is not done through USB Connection, you have to register the PSP to the PS3(from the PS3) and than go through a few steps on both the PSP & PS3. Also download Ad Hoc Party on your PS3 so you can use the PSP online(if you don't have a wireless router).[/QUOTE]

i know, remote play works through wifi. in order to connect your PSP to your PS3 you have to do it through USB (register, as you said), which will not work. it just says there is no PSP connected, so i can't even register it.

The only thing that sucks about this deal is that if you have all your cars on GTPSP on your old psp you lose the savedata won't work on the new one, total bummer, spent months getting those cars now I have to start over. Argghh Sony for locking the save.

For anyone still interested, it's not the same however it seems like they have the Limited Edition Ratchet & Clank PSP Bundle for the same price.

Edit: That was quick all gone for $99.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GAMBINO']For anyone still interested, it's not the same however it seems like they have the Limited Edition Ratchet & Clank PSP Bundle for the same price.

Edit: That was quick all gone for $99.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I was able to get one.

My Grand Turismo bundle should finally be coming tomorrow. I can't wait to try it out after work. I've never once played a PSP, so it will be a new experience for me. I already got Lumines and have Peace Walker on the way.

[quote name='Hiei69']My Grand Turismo bundle should finally be coming tomorrow. I can't wait to try it out after work. I've never once played a PSP, so it will be a new experience for me. I already got Lumines and have Peace Walker on the way.[/QUOTE]

Awesome dude! You should enjoy it. Have you played Lumines before? There's a slight learning curve but once it clicks it's like crack. I loved that game so much when I had it for PSP. Now I just play on 360.

I actually bought my Asus G51VX laptop, my 8gb zune, and 2 22" LCD's from cowboom and none of them have had any issues so far...

I picked up the Rock Band bundle for just over $100 with tax. I'll be sure to post here with feedback once it shows up.

Thanks for the update GAMBINO.

R&C bundle showed up for me so I was deciding between that and the Rockband bundle, but the R&C bundle went back oos in a couple of minutes so i bit on the Rockband bundle.

There's also a silver R&C bundle auction available that ends in 4 days, but has a buy it now price of $97 w/ 9.99 S&H. It also includes extra stuff (Thrillville and Need for Speed - Most Wanted games, a carrying case, two sets of headphones, a USB car charger, and 3 game cases).

There are also 3 PSP systems available (the description makes it sound like they are 1001 models, but when I clicked on best available it wasn't specific):

1 for 73.99, but its UMD door opens randomly and has graphic skin. Also says it includes a memory stick duo but doesn't say what size
The other 2 are 95.99, but one of them has quite a few extras (32 MB memory card, wired remote control?, and a carrying case) Doesn't really sound worth it with the other bundles available unless someone really wants an older model.

BAOW BAOW BAOW.

Just ordered the Rock Band bundle. However, I ain't down with that game. I will trade it plus the movie for Gran Turismo, if someone wants. =]

[quote name='Fire_Thief']BAOW BAOW BAOW.

Just ordered the Rock Band bundle. However, I ain't down with that game. I will trade it plus the movie for Gran Turismo, if someone wants. =][/QUOTE]

I'll trade you the game. I HATE racing games.

I'm so close to pulling the trigger but I'm just worried that my refurbished may break down, it only has 3zp day warranty...sigh. would u guys get a refurbished one?

I had issues with my shipping address, so I ended up canceling my ratchet bundle and getting the rock band bundle instead. Their customer service is pretty good, but horribly slow at times. $10 less and a 4GB memory stick instead of 1GB was certainly nice though.

It's nice to hear that another one looks brand new.

Just played it. Everything works great. This is essentially a brand new bundle for half price. I am very pleased with it.

Got my Rock Band bundle today. I have only turned it on for about 15 minutes, but I'm pleased with the system. Looks new to me.

I received my RB bundle today as well. It's in good condition with some nicks and scratches on the back. Has anyone run into stuck pixel problems with their units? I'm running one of those pixel unstucker videos hoping it'll correct the problem, but if not perhaps I'll just return or exchange.

[quote name='captainoats']I received my RB bundle today as well. It's in good condition with some nicks and scratches on the back. Has anyone run into stuck pixel problems with their units? I'm running one of those pixel unstucker videos hoping it'll correct the problem, but if not perhaps I'll just return or exchange.[/QUOTE]

Being somewhat of a videophile, my opinion is that pixel unstucker videos are snake oil. My current psp 2000 had two stuck pixels that has gone away on its own after about 6 months. Of course, ymmv.

If anyone needs more testimony on the condition of these refurbed PSPs, I received mine today and it literally looks brand new. Needless to say, I'm extremely pleased with the deal.

[quote name='FactionG']Being somewhat of a videophile, my opinion is that pixel unstucker videos are snake oil. My current psp 2000 had two stuck pixels that has gone away on its own after about 6 months. Of course, ymmv.[/QUOTE]

Yep, these 'pixel fixing' videos are the Spanish fly of the Psp world. Seriously, if you believe they work, you have issues.

I hope they have some more bundles on sale soon. I have been kicking myself ever since Friday for not buying one of these.

[quote name='Firecrest']If anyone needs more testimony on the condition of these refurbed PSPs, I received mine today and it literally looks brand new. Needless to say, I'm extremely pleased with the deal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback!

[quote name='acetate3']I picked up the Rock Band bundle for just over $100 with tax. I'll be sure to post here with feedback once it shows up.[/QUOTE]

Well, my package from Cowboom showed up today, but it did not contain the Rockband bundle - instead I received a Western Digital SATA hard drive. Called them and they emailed a label to return it, but won't send out a new one until they can inspect it.

I would just have asked for a refund and ordered another bundle, but the sale is up and they are $140 now. Hopefully there will still be a bundle in stock by the time they are willing to send a replacement.

Mine looked brand new as well, however it came with a broken ac adapter. I had to go out and buy a new one. Still a great deal though, so I can't complain.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']You mad. My shit was fucking new.[/QUOTE]

Mad? Not even a little. I was rolling my eyes at your ghetto slang. You're about as white as they come, FT.

Good to hear that everyone that got their units looked brand new, but I got a quick question:
What kind of packaging did it came with? was it the original limited edition box packaging, or what is just a plain white box?

[quote name='Firecrest']It was a generic white box with a sticker detailing the refurbished condition on it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback.

Well in total, I ordered 3 PSP bundles:
  • Limited Edition Gran Turismo Game Pack
  • Limited Edition Ratchet & Clank PSP Bundle
  • Limited Edition Rock Band Unplugged
The Gran Turismo and Ratchet & Clank PSP were in like new condition and everything is working so far. The Rock Band bundle PSP had a minor scratch on the back of the PSP and another problem. Last night I noticed that the Rock Band PSP was not charging the battery at all. I thought it was a battery problem so I switched the battery to the Gran Turismo PSP and began charging the battery. After some time, I checked the battery in the Gran Turismo PSP and it was charged and worked when I unplugged the PSP. Time to call and see if I can get a replacement Rock Band PSP.

Received my RockBand PSP yesterday. PSP is in excellent condition, very minor marks on the case. Came with a 4GB card, RockBand game, manuals, and charger (no vouchers for the movie). Proceeded to test it out and ran into a big issue. It seems the home button is being pressed all the time. Attempts to watch a video or play a game will result in it flickering between the game/video and the "do you want to quit?" screen that the home button brings up. Tapping the home button repeatedly will make it go away, but as soon as you use the analog stick or any of the direction keys, it comes right back.

Sent an email off to CowBoom to see if I can get a replacement. Heck, I'd even take a Hannah Montana one. Nobody would steal THAT one. :rofl:

bread's done
Back