PSP 3000 Limited Edition Ratchet and Clank Pack $179.99 @ Amazon

It's got a ton of great games, though last year was slow (second half anyway). I've kept far more PSP games than DS games.

And not that many PSP games get ported to the PS2 (and the PS2 can't push as many polygons or textures anyway).

[quote name='msu89dawgs']"indy" games? Seriously? I really put a lot of stock in the opinion of someone who can't even spell "indie"...

Admittedly, I've bought several games for my iPhone, and some of them are pretty fun, and very cheap, to boot. Tempted to get MGS for it, just to give it a try.[/QUOTE]

The mobile OS X market could kill of the PSP (or DS) in the same way my microwave can. It's totally irrelevant, as it's not a gaming platform. They only rent programs for it, and even aside from that, there's no serious development for it, no way to make a full, real game since it has no workable controls, and its far less powerful than the PSP.

EDIT: Good grief that article is asinine. They're going on about $5-10 games versus how "expensive" PSP and DS games are. It's like uh...yeah, they're actual games, not something that would have been a joke in 1985.

And my favorite part is "Oh, that's right - you're still stuck with just one analog stick. Weak."

Whoa. This guy needs to be caged somewhere. Hey mensa boy, how are those controls on the iPhone again? Oh that's right, the PSP is the only system with ANY analog sticks, and the iPhone can't match a...well forget the original Gameboy, it can't match those Tiger electronic thingees from the mid '80s.

[quote name='Wolfpup']It's got a ton of great games, though last year was slow (second half anyway). I've kept far more PSP games than DS games.

And not that many PSP games get ported to the PS2 (and the PS2 can't push as many polygons or textures anyway).[/QUOTE]

It has SOME great games, but "a ton" is a bit of a hyperbole. God of War, Jean D'ark, Syphon Filter, Puzzle Quest... it dries up pretty quick compared to GBA or even DS (even tho DS has a TON of shovelware)

PSP would have done a lot better if it had even half as many greats as PS2 did. 2008 was abysmal for us PSP owners. Hardly any demos worth trying, never mind games worth buying.

[quote name='expane']It has SOME great games, but "a ton" is a bit of a hyperbole. God of War, Jean D'ark, Syphon Filter, Puzzle Quest... it dries up pretty quick compared to GBA or even DS (even tho DS has a TON of shovelware)

PSP would have done a lot better if it had even half as many greats as PS2 did. 2008 was abysmal for us PSP owners. Hardly any demos worth trying, never mind games worth buying.[/QUOTE]

The latter half of 2008 was slow (apparently because of development cycles), but the system's still got a strong lineup. Personally its more solid for me than the DS is (I think I've kept a whopping three DS games so far) and the DS has a LOT more shovelware IMO, though they're both very strong libraries.

I guess my biggest annoyance with the DS, is every game *I* care about could have been done better on the PSP (or at worst, looked and sounded a bit better with no extra effort on the developer's part).

bread's done
Back