PSP 3000 Preorders

vivelemal

CAG Veteran
anybody knows if bestbuy futureshop or gamestop accepts preorders for the ratchet and clank bundle.

why would you want to preorder something which will readily be available?

I really don't know why they are bundling an old $19.99 game when they should be bundling it with a new $40 game like FF: CC or starwars force unleashed.

The preorder for this is up on Amazon now.

There is an LE edish with a 4gb memory stick a month later than the R&C Bundle?
http://www.amazon.com/PSP-3000-Limi..._9?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1220962380&sr=1-9

Rachet and Clank Bundle
Product Features

• Contains a Mystic Silver PSP-3000 system, AC power cord, AC Adaptor, and Battery Pack
  • 1 gb Memory Stick PRO Duo
  • Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters Game
  • PlayStation Network Voucher for Echochrome
  • National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets UMD
http://www.amazon.com/PSP-Limited-R..._6?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1220962380&sr=1-6

november 30th release. They really don't go about telling the general public that there is even a new PSP coming out. Most parents or w/e won't even know if they are getting a new or old PSP.

the ratchet bundle is okay because they give a 1gb card and a movie but those like myself who have a 16gb card and have no use for UMD movies, it's kind of a bad deal. When will the 3000 be available standalone? After the holidays?

I pre-ordered the ratchet and clank bundle not too long ago. I really couldn't care about the UMD, but the game was one of the ones I was considering getting anyways.

Not really a deal at all, but I was about to buy a God of War bundle the day the PSP-3000 info got released. So I'm less looking for a deal and more looking to just have one to play some games on my hour commute to work.

you're gonna play games while driving?! :O

I think you should have went with the GOW bundle. You will get a limited edition GOW FERRARI RED PSP with Badass Kratos silk screen. It will keep more value especially when the new GOW comes out. Not to mention GOW is a $40 game still worth $35 used whereas Ratchet is a $10 game used now. GOW also comes with a superbad UMD (better than NT2)

plus these new ones are supposedly unhackable. If that's true or it's very restricted nobody will want them and the old ones will be more favorable.

Kind of like the dreamcasts which are manufactured before a certain date are worth 2x more than the latest batch before they discontinued.

I'm still not 100% sold on the updated screen. I will need to play it and test it out in real life as photos don't do justice. Not to mention play time will decrease with the new screen.

the built in mic is good but if the quality on skype is anything as bad as when playing with voice chat on socom, it's really no good at all.

[quote name='Casiotech']you're gonna play games while driving?! :O

I think you should have went with the GOW bundle. You will get a limited edition GOW FERRARI RED PSP with Badass Kratos silk screen. It will keep more value especially when the new GOW comes out. Not to mention GOW is a $40 game still worth $35 used whereas Ratchet is a $10 game used now. GOW also comes with a superbad UMD (better than NT2)

plus these new ones are supposedly unhackable. If that's true or it's very restricted nobody will want them and the old ones will be more favorable.

Kind of like the dreamcasts which are manufactured before a certain date are worth 2x more than the latest batch before they discontinued.

I'm still not 100% sold on the updated screen. I will need to play it and test it out in real life as photos don't do justice. Not to mention play time will decrease with the new screen.

the built in mic is good but if the quality on skype is anything as bad as when playing with voice chat on socom, it's really no good at all.[/QUOTE]

I have a 45 minute train ride in the morning to get to work so I wont be driving. I'm also not really interested in the resell value, I like to grab rare games if they are good, but I don't collect on the off chance that it will be worth something in the future. I'm also not interested in being able to hack the new PSP. I was more interested in the faster refresh rate of the new screen and the images for it showing the new antenna looked possibly interesting for future connectivity issues. And if sony isn't lying out of their asses again the battery life shouldn't be an issue, if I lose 25 minutes of gameplay on a charge but blurring is decreased so be it.

[quote name='probablysober']I'm also not interested in being able to hack the new PSP. . . . And if sony isn't lying out of their asses again the battery life shouldn't be an issue, if I lose 25 minutes of gameplay on a charge but blurring is decreased so be it.[/quote]

All of which means hackability and battery life aren't issues for you, which I can respect. I also realize you were answering an earlier post.

But that doesn't mean these concerns are irrelevant for the OP or anyone else who might be reading this thread.

I'm also not really interested in the resell value, I like to grab rare games if they are good, but I don't collect on the off chance that it will be worth something in the future. . . .

I think the point about GoW: CoO is not that it will be rare in the future but that it is expensive right now, even used, if you actually want to play it.

For the poster you were responding to: Anyone who has preordered the 3000 still has a bit of time to change their minds. "Why did you do it?" is a premature question if the assumption is that the decision's irreversible.

[quote name='fidgeteer']All of which means hackability and battery life aren't issues for you, which I can respect. I also realize you were answering an earlier post.

But that doesn't mean these concerns are irrelevant for the OP or anyone else who might be reading this thread.

I think the point about GoW: CoO is not that it will be rare in the future but that it is expensive right now, even used, if you actually want to play it.

For the poster you were responding to: Anyone who has preordered the 3000 still has a bit of time to change their minds. "Why did you do it?" is a premature question if the assumption is that the decision's irreversible.[/quote]
well i wanna buy it cuz my psp phat broked so like i need 1 i dont wanna buy the slim cuz i wanna buy the upgraded of course

[quote name='vivelemal']hey red howd u know gamestop is offering preorders now?[/QUOTE]

Because I asked them when I traded in my old PSP.

[quote name='uchihabutter']is there any deals on pre-ordering the bundle or any good deal??[/QUOTE]

No, some might show up closer to the release date but given that it's newly released video game hardware I wouldn't count on it.

[quote name='vivelemal']hey red is it really october 14th the release date for the psp ratchet and clank bundle?[/QUOTE]

yes

[quote name='RedvsBlue']No, some might show up closer to the release date but given that it's newly released video game hardware I wouldn't count on it.

yes[/quote]

oh ok..thanks :(

The best thing you can hope for is for someone to post a glitch online like Target did last year with the Daxter bundle.

On Target's webpage they had the Daxter bundle for (I think) 169.99 with a note next to it that said, "In-store only". Some people (including me) had good luck printing out the webpage and taking it either to Target or Wal-Mart and getting a pricematch on the usual 199.99 bundle.

funny about taht, my target is selling the piano black core system for $199. Isn't that weird?? I tell them it's a mistake and they don't believe me.

Is the PSP 3k worth the extra 30?
I have the phat and its great but, I do a lot of browsing and a 32mb ram is hard to work with, is the 64mb's in the 2k and the new 3k going to be worth the wait....and just as a refresher, are the mic and screen the only differences between the 2k and 3k? I just want to know because I was debating between getting the 3k or an ipod touch..the touch has 128mb ram but no gaming capability(to my standards, ipod vs psp...psp ftw) but the psp was built for gaming.....I'm really stuck between my gamer side and my techie side :p

Is there a better way to make the decision? than just "what will you use more, games or the internet?"..because my answer to that is, both.

And to stay on topic, I've asked my local bestbuy about the 3k's release tomorrow, and the clerk said possibly no, because of when the store get its stock shippments....so this could be the problem at many other BB's :p, and so far there is no way to pre-order it for me....even though tomorrow is the official release date.lol.

[quote name='HyeVltg3']Is the PSP 3k worth the extra 30?
I have the phat and its great but, I do a lot of browsing and a 32mb ram is hard to work with, is the 64mb's in the 2k and the new 3k going to be worth the wait....and just as a refresher, are the mic and screen the only differences between the 2k and 3k? I just want to know because I was debating between getting the 3k or an ipod touch..the touch has 128mb ram but no gaming capability(to my standards, ipod vs psp...psp ftw) but the psp was built for gaming.....I'm really stuck between my gamer side and my techie side :p

Is there a better way to make the decision? than just "what will you use more, games or the internet?"..because my answer to that is, both.

And to stay on topic, I've asked my local bestbuy about the 3k's release tomorrow, and the clerk said possibly no, because of when the store get its stock shippments....so this could be the problem at many other BB's :p, and so far there is no way to pre-order it for me....even though tomorrow is the official release date.lol.[/quote]

well for me cuz my psp phat broke a month ago im gonna get the psp 3000 cuz its great(if u have the slim already u dont need to get this) for ur case im gonna get the psp cuz ur both a gamer and a techie(for my case im a musician cuz i like music lol)

Alright alright, but should it be the psp 3k or the 2k? I'm in love with my psp phat because of all the cool apps I can run on a cfw.....and rumor has it that the 3k will be un-hackable.

well if ur a hacker u should get the psp 2k but i know the 3k is gonna be hackable soon lol well for me im gonna get the 3k cuz of the anti-glare and the mic lol

[quote name='vivelemal']well if ur a hacker u should get the psp 2k but i know the 3k is gonna be hackable soon lol well for me im gonna get the 3k cuz of the anti-glare and the mic lol[/QUOTE]

Actually according to Dark Alex dont expect it to be hack soon. Also the newer slims were unhackable as well.

iphones/touch are pieces of shit for games.

for internet the psp is shit compared to an iphone/touch.

I hope that makes your decision easier.

I just picked up one of the new PSP 3000s. I messed around with the kiosk 2000 model and there is a difference in the screen at least. I was the first person to buy one where I got it, in fact they had to bring them out from storage, super big demand for them...

Anyways, I now have a toy to use on my 45 minute train commute. The wireless seems to work fine, albeit a bit slow thanks to it only being B.

And for those of you who were wondering about the mystic silver color in the ratchet and clank bundle, it's not bothersome and hides fingerprints real well.

[quote name='vivelemal']dam dude im gonna get my psp tomorrow arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

Maybe I should restate that. They hadn't even put them out yet at my local Best Buy. And I was there around 1pm and most likely the first person to ask, so I don't think there is a big demand or shortage either. Not really a big surprise.

They had eight total of the Ratchet and Clank bundles.

On a side note, they are apparently getting Wiis this sunday if anyone in Rockville wants one.

Lol, my BB had em...even though I called yesterday and the clerk said they wouldn't...o_O

Just got mine....its charging right nows XD.....lol been using a phat all these years...and HOLY CRAP ITS FREAKING LIGHT!...was the slim light too?.....sorry guys can't tell you about the screen or any inside features....its charging........(like my excuse? ;P)

[quote name='Casiotech']what's wrong with you guys get a grip.[/QUOTE]

It's the "new gadget syndrome". Everyone suffers from it at one point or another.

On a side note, for those of you who have an interest in reading your gmail on the PSP you have to log into your account on a computer and go into settings and select the always http option, otherwise you will get an invalid page error.

bread's done
Back