PSP battery 2200mAh - $10.86 @TRU

jug_head_4ever

CAGiversary!
Saw the deal in another forum(credit to djmoksha) & confirmed it myself.

Toys R Us are having official Sony batteries on clearance. These are for non slim PSP - 2200mAh stamina pack.
Clearance price is $16.98 & then there are two more discounts
A clearance promo of $3.40 & an accessories promo of $2.72
Both the discounts are taken off at the register when the transaction is finalized - No coupons required.

Final Price - $10.86 + tax

Confirmed in SoCal & AZ so I am assuming its nationwide. Still YMMV

[quote name='dkim064']can a slim psp still use the 200mAh battery?[/quote]
Yes, a slim PSP can use the 2200mAh battery but you'll need a new battery cover.
The new battery pack comes with the same battery and covers, but at $40. You can order a 3rd party cover though.

[quote name='jug_head_4ever']Saw the deal in another forum(credit to djmoksha) & confirmed it myself.

Toys R Us are having official Sony batteries on clearance. These are for non slim PSP - 2200mAh stamina pack.
Clearance price is $16.98 & then there are two more discounts
A clearance promo of $3.40 & an accessories promo of $2.72
Both the discounts are taken off at the register when the transaction is finalized - No coupons required.

Final Price - $10.86 + tax

Confirmed in SoCal & AZ so I am assuming its nationwide. Still YMMV[/quote]

Any chance someone can tell me exactly which TRU in SoCal? Thanks.

[quote name='edavis0780']Any chance someone can tell me exactly which TRU in SoCal? Thanks.[/quote]
One on La Mirada. But don't go there - it is cleaned out.
I got the last two ;)

Are these Sony batteries? Because the 2200mah batteries I bought a couple of months ago came with battery covers. Unless these are the older ones.

Those are the same old 2200mAh batteries in the old packaging for the phat PSP. The new packaging comes with battery covers so that it will fit in a slim PSP. It's marked as compatible with both phat and slim PSP.

Of course, the old packaging is now obsolete and that's why they are on clearance.

Not to thread jack but...If anyone has trouble finding these I grabbed an extra one of these and I'll ship it out for $15. PM me if interested. Thanks.

EDIT: nightwarrior got my extra. I have no more...sorry.

Bah I'd love this battery, but TRU isn't really convenient for me to go to. I ordered one off a website before but the damn thing won't charge.

please pm me if you were able to procure extras. I'm in Norcal and I didn't see any in any of my stores. I'll check again this week and let you guys know. thanks;)

Will check this out after work, but seriously - the TRU here has all but abandoned the PSP section. The entire video game section is in complete disarray, but the PSP section is especially vacant. The few games they actually have were released in 2005. GBA games on the other hand take up two isles...

thanks for the tip!

Are these OFFICIAL batteries that can be "hacked"? I know nothing really about the modding of the PSP as I leave mine legit, but i'm interested in this anyways :)

[quote name='doubledown']Are these OFFICIAL batteries that can be "hacked"? I know nothing really about the modding of the PSP as I leave mine legit, but i'm interested in this anyways :)[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Checked my local TRU, they said they haven't had any PSP batteries since last summer. I would have loved to pick one up for when I get a PSP. If anyone sees extra ones, I'd be interested.

I saw about 30 batteries at my store. Just picked up one though and I'll use my original for a spare. I also got some of the official sony psp headphones with remote (for phat psp) which were 12.78 after discounts (19.98 original -20% handheld accessory, -20% clearence)

I just picked up two at my local TRU near Reynoldsburg, OH. They had about 5-6 left (although the clerk said he was going to get one). I'm going to use one of these and my originals. My brother-in-law will get first crack at the other if he wants it, but if not I will let you CAGs know that might not be able to get one.

The batteries at my TRU were the battery ONLY. This did not include the door(s) needed for the slim PSP to use them. (Luckily I have the phat.)

Thanks OP. Found one at my local TRU - it was marked $16 but the register adjusted to $10.

There were still another 3 or 4 left in the glass cases. This is at the Ontario/Rancho Cucamonga, California TRU.

Yup. Picked up two myself at the Minnetonka, MN TRU. They had 3. Price on the label was $39.99 but rang up for $10.86. Also picked up the batt stand alone charger for $6.98!!

gorsh anyone nice enough to lend a helping hand? I can't get any in my area... :cry:
I would like two if possible and I will pay through paypal. thx:D

Hi, I am looking for one of these PSP batteries. Sadly the stores in my area have closed down. So if anyone has an extra, I'd apprecite it. Thanks!

[quote name='syndicate701']Yup. Picked up two myself at the Minnetonka, MN TRU. They had 3. Price on the label was $39.99 but rang up for $10.86. Also picked up the batt stand alone charger for $6.98!![/quote]

Lucky on the standalone...my TRU was out of those. He did say they were clearanced at a ridiculous price though.

[quote name='daphatty']Man, decent price. Too bad I already have one. I just wish I noticed a difference in battery life.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a slim or the original PSP? It helps both, but the supposedly the slim sees a bigger boost.

None at the TRU in Lancaster, PA, unfortunately. They knew what I was looking for, so whoever got them, congrats, or atleast congrats employees.

[quote name='oliverqueen']Is dealsextreme.com a reliable sight? I want to order, but just curious for safety reasons. Thanks-JEFF[/quote] dealextreme is a great site, but most of the stuff they sell is fake. Oh and the shipping takes about 2 weeks since they are located in Hong Kong.

looks like the second discount isnt applying anymore - rang up 13.XX at my store. They had a bunch though, might pick some up for trade fodder.

[quote name='forumreader']Do you have a slim or the original PSP? It helps both, but the supposedly the slim sees a bigger boost.[/quote]

My pspslim went from ~5hours of battery life to 10+ hours with the 2200mAh battery.

The accessory discount was probably a one week only deal. These have been 16.96 for a while so here hoping for another drop. I think this battery hit 4$ clearance at kmart stores.

[quote name='evilmrt']I really would like one if someone had an extra :)

No TRU within 2 hours from here! :cry:[/quote]

I picked up an extra two. These are the original PSP FAT BATTERY. If anyone needs one -- just PM me. You will pay what I paid. $10.86 + MN sales tax (and shipping or other fees, such as PayPal). My goal is not to make a profit, just helping out another CAG member.

s701

SOLD. No more PM please. thanks!

bread's done
Back