PSP Battery Question

optimusprime

CAGiversary!
I have found that my PSP battery tends to drain quickly even when I don't use it. I had it fully charged on a trip, but never turned it on. When I got home 2 weeks later, it had no juice (but it hadn't been turned on). Is this a defective battery, or is it typical? It doesn't seem to happen with my GBA. Thanks in advance for any helpful responses.

Are you sure you are turning it off and not putting it into sleep mode? Sleep mode eats the battery up a lot faster.

I know it still drains when it's not used, but over a two week period seems rather quick. Are you sure you're completely shutting it off and not just putting it into sleep mode? Sleep uses more juice.

I press up on the little switch on the right of the unit until the light goes off. Is this not turning it off properly?

(I bought the damn thing used with no instructions, so I kind of had to figure it out myself......the fact that I never use it doesn't help much).

You have to hold it for awhile to power off. Sleep mode you just need a flip it real quick. The light doesn't matter. A way to make sure you are doing right is, when you click it back on if it starts up at the Sony screen you powered off. If it starts where you last clicked it then it was in sleep mode.

From what zewone says, I'm pretty sure I've been turning it off.

Assuming it were turned off properly, anyone have an idea of how long the battery should stay charged? I would think at least a month, but I'm not sure.

A month? No. My runs out of power after about a week. That's when it's about half charged so I figure 2 weeks is about right for the battery to last.

bread's done
Back