PSP Bundle $150! PS2 Slim Bundle ~$95 Clearance BIG TIME YMMV Longs B&M

PocariSweat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
I just picked up a PSP bundle with Ape Escape and Wipe Out Pure for $150! At Longs Drugs. The bundle was $299.99 and half off. This was a clearance item that was bundled in a big plastic case. I checked 3 Longs in my area and only 1 of 3 had them. It was the last one.

pspcat.jpg

scan.jpg

Also they had PS2 slim bundle in a similar case with Gran Turismo 3 and Jak 3 and an extra Sony controller. It was marked at $189.99 but was on sale for $95.

I think this is a BIG TIME YMMV. I'm not sure which states have Longs, mods might move this to regional.

Update: You should check the Camera dept and there should be a cardboard stand with a PSP and PS2 bundles but they are for display only. The sign said "last chance 50% off" also it said "til 5-31"(?) whatever that means.

Also the bundles are apparently in a safe somewhere in the store. Have them check. One manager told me they were sold out of PS2. I told him to check in the back because an employee told me they had 4-6 bundles left. The 2 games with the bundle, I think vary. Mine came with Twisted Metal Black and Sly 2.
ps2cat.jpg

Longs sold bundles like this last year... amazing to see a 50% discount. Longs has locations in the left half of the country, so although not exactly national, it covers a fair amount of ground.

OMFG. Those PSP's are pretty much guaranteed to be firmware 1.50 to 2.00 (which means easy downgrades). Can't believe its the Value Pack.

wait, i remember seeing these bundles a few months ago at the longs near my place

...nvm, couldn't find them and when i asked the cashier, everyone in the store looked at me like i was nuts

Nice find, I like the cat too. No Longs on the East Coast, too bad, I would have run to as many as I could just to see if they had the same deals!

[quote name='aeris']It's probably for the LCD screen on the psp.

The LCD screen on the psp is greater than four inches, so it will be charged a recycling fee.

In CA, we have this:

http://www.boe.ca.gov/sptaxprog/ewfaqsgen.htm[/quote]

Hmm, we don't have that in AZ.

I could have sworn we had a Longs Drugs here, too. But I went to thier website and store locator reports no stores in AZ.

I just got back from long drugs. I asked the register if they had any psp/ps2. They told me that I was at the wrong store and that I should check bestbuy which was next door. LOL

[quote name='postaboy']I just got back from long drugs. I asked the register if they had any psp/ps2. They look at like was dumb or something, telling I was at the wrong store, go to bestbuy which was right across from it. lol[/quote]

:rofl:Reading that almost makes me feel better about not having any Long Drugs in NYC.

The Cat laughs at your desicion in getting a PSP.

But yeah, that's a really nice find, sure beats the hell out of buying it when it ws released like me. I actually should have waited, since all the good games that I want just came out in the past few months.

Oh well, Homebrew and media players got me through the year, as well as wipeout (very nice game), everybody golf, and luminnes.

[quote name='postaboy']I just got back from long drugs. I asked the register if they had any psp/ps2. They told me that I was at the wrong store and that I should check bestbuy which was next door. LOL[/QUOTE]
I went through that when I was trying to get a special Bionicle bundle at Blockbuster. (It included a special mask)
SOOO many stores gave me confused looks. I finally found one, though.

yea I have a longs near. THe last time I been in it a few wks ago the value pack was still 249.99 they had some old games like PS2 games like BOF DQ, ARc the lad, can't remember all 14.99 each...

[quote name='ig88vsbobafett']WTF is the E WASTE Tax ?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know too. And 7.75% sales tax? Wow. They don't have state income tax in CA too, do they?

[quote name='ig88vsbobafett']WTF is the E WASTE Tax ?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='coolz481']I'd like to know too. And 7.75% sales tax? Wow. They don't have state income tax in CA too, do they?[/QUOTE]

There's an easy way to find out. Read the rest of the thread before posting! :lol:

What other stores are doing these PS2 slim bundles? I got the Best Buy one with Ratchet Deadlocked & the extra controller for $130 on black Friday, but I want a silver PS2, darnit!

This is def chain wide as I just hit 3 different Longs drugs in my area (Nor Cal) and they all HAD the two bundles (the displays were still up with the 50% off tag) but only one store still had some PSP bundles left. I told myself I wasn't ever going to get one of these but this deal was just too good to pass up, so caved and bought it. The guy working there said he thought the sale started some time last week and they just sold their last PS2 bundle yesterday. Who even knew Longs carried anything videogame related. lol

Thanks OP!

[quote name='lilboo']I am really LOL-ing at the cat in the pictures[/quote]

Must be something about Sony cats like...my cat's investigating the hell out of my new PSP bundle. Maybe they sprinkle their electronics with catnip.

My local store sold through them last year, but the guy at the store did say they are 50% at stores that still have them. He also was surprised that the they were gone at the original retail since it was overpriced.

Maybe tomorrow I'll check the other 2 store that are kind of near me, when I have time.

Nothing near me.. I'd REALLY like one of the PSP's after breaking mine last night.. anyone that picked one up please CML :D

and lol @ the cat pics OP!

ewaste is a california tax for recycling lcd monitors.

and most of california is 7.75. Los angeles is 8.25

After checking the entire Southeast, there's apparently no Long's anywhere near me. Anyone want to do a fellow CAG a solid and grab me a Slim PS2?

I found a PSP Bundle at my Longs (didn't even know that they carried videogames...o_O) and the firmware is 1.52. Thanks OP!

[quote name='cyber_ninja_monkey']fuck I waish we had a Long drug store in NV/LV[/quote]

Darn!!:roll:

Sorry, but this deal sounds YMMV.

Heh, you guys could always buy his reciept and take it to Wm.

I went to my Longs here in bakersfield and got the psp bundle with hot shots golf open tee and medievil resurrection. there are like 5 longs here in bakersfield. i went to two, the first said there wasn't a sale and the second had just sold out of them as i walked in. I called the first one and the manager said he was sorry for not checking the price first. i had a psp before and sold it and regretted it, so this is why I jumped on this deal fast.

Went to Longs in Glendale, CA. They have the psps in the drawers in the front area by the registers. it wasn't the electronics booth but the salesperson went there immediately when I asked for a ps2 bundle. She had no idea what was a psp and ps2 but the manager said there were no more ps2 bundles. It came with twisted metal and nba06

[quote name='lawdood']This is def chain wide as I just hit 3 different Longs drugs in my area (Nor Cal) and they all HAD the two bundles (the displays were still up with the 50% off tag) but only one store still had some PSP bundles left. I told myself I wasn't ever going to get one of these but this deal was just too good to pass up, so caved and bought it. The guy working there said he thought the sale started some time last week and they just sold their last PS2 bundle yesterday. Who even knew Longs carried anything videogame related. lol

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Where are you at lawdood?

bread's done
Back