PSP Composite Cable

steve_k

CAGiversary!
The PSP composite cable is used to display the Sony PSP screen on a television.

How do I play PSP games on my TV using a composite cable? What am I doing wrong? I know this sounds like a dumb question as it is pretty self explanatory. I can see my PSP menu and play PS1 games from my PSP with the composite cable with no problem. However, I cannot play PSP games. Instead, I get an error message that states:

"To display this screen on a connected device, you must be connected using a component AV cable or a D-Terminal AV cable and you must output the video in progressive format"

I've ensured my PSP is selected to 'Progressive Screen' format.

Maybe the problem is that I am using a composite cable rather than a component cable. However, I've tried both HDTVs and non-HDTVs. I've tried the cable on FOUR televisions, a sharp HDTV (no color), a Samsung HDTV (everything but PSP games worked), and two standard definition TVs (everything but PSP games display). What is the point of the composite cable if it is incapable of displaying PSP games? What am I doing wrong?

You must have a PSP 2000 or if you bought your PSP new what kind of PSP bundle do you own?

Only the model PSP 3000 and PSPGo will work with composite cables.

(Never used composite, used component with my PSP 3000 on a non-high definition television that had component inputs. Just switched the settings to interlace.)

Component only for PSP games with a model PSP 2000.

bread's done
Back