PSP Console brand new for $230 at Overstock or $244.09 at Amazon

Is anyone else taking advantage of this deal?

Seems pretty solid, unless there is something about psp's and overstock.com I should know about...

I'm probably gonna get it and hope there is no price drop by Christmas (which seems unlikely given the ps2 price drop, but may seem likely due to the ds price drop). What do you guys think?

[quote name='anj2']Is anyone else taking advantage of this deal?

Seems pretty solid, unless there is something about psp's and overstock.com I should know about...

I'm probably gonna get it and hope there is no price drop by Christmas (which seems unlikely given the ps2 price drop, but may seem likely due to the ds price drop). What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

Sony said that the PSP would stay at its launch and price and would not do periodically drops that the PS2 had

you can get one for free in my signature :D

I might actually buy that one from overstock, they advertise on tv and stuff and to be honest they wouldn't allow commercials for fradulent businesses so yeah...

[quote name='m0dem']Sony said that the PSP would stay at its launch and price and would not do periodically drops that the PS2 had[/QUOTE]

Yes they did, but they may have to to respond to market conditions and drop the price. If they are not selling I can't see them keeping the price at $250 just cause they said they would.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Yes they did, but they may have to to respond to market conditions and drop the price. If they are not selling I can't see them keeping the price at $250 just cause they said they would.[/QUOTE]

Well yea obviously but I dont see that happening anytime soon

[quote name='m0dem']Well yea obviously but I dont see that happening anytime soon[/QUOTE]

Why not? They aren't selling that well anymore are they? Liberty City stories might change that though.

There'll be a big price drop on the PSP soon since the DS just dropped in price........... I'll wait til it drops to $100 and then get it

There's no way they'll be able to compete with periodical DS price drops if they don't drop their price as well. That's BS and you know it. It's just a ploy by them to get people to buy them right away.

It will all matter on how well it sells. It's still selling well enough from what I've seen at work, and if people are willing to pay $250 for that overpriced emulator player, then they won't bother dropping the price.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']There's no way they'll be able to compete with periodical DS price drops if they don't drop their price as well. That's BS and you know it. It's just a ploy by them to get people to buy them right away.[/QUOTE]

But guys, guys, guys...

"The PSP is not directly competing with the Nintendo DS"

Right-

[quote name='bostonfrontier']There'll be a big price drop on the PSP soon since the DS just dropped in price........... I'll wait til it drops to $100 and then get it[/QUOTE]

You'll be waiting for years. That would require a 60% drop. The Gamecube hasn't even seen that yet.

I got my PSP not long ago, and am loving it. I was fortunate enough to get one with 1.5 firmware, so I've been going nuts with the homebrews. You can keep your web browser, Sony.

I just bought mine from Overstock. It said there were only 2 left FYI.

I just can't see Sony dropping the price on this thing so early in its life cycle, especially with the most popular game titles yet to come (i.e., GT 4 and GTA).

[quote name='bostonfrontier']With the DS at $129 , the GBmicro coming out at $99.........the PSP will plummet in price[/QUOTE]

At least that is what we're hoping for.
But there is not a single price drop in sight yet.
And even if there is one, it won't be more than $50.
That is not really a "plummet in price"

[quote name='bostonfrontier']With the DS at $129 , the GBmicro coming out at $99.........the PSP will plummet in price[/QUOTE]

i doubt the micros sales would bother sony. $100 is way too steep for 5 year old technology. psp will not plummet is price for years

bread's done
Back