PSP core pack $99 at Target

Kenshindono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
searched and saw mention of these hitting 99 bucks at Amazon and stuff at the begining of the month and one on walmart having them. Just thought id mention that i noticed they were marked at $99 at Target today when i was in there picking up a copy of Adventure time.

Is this just the new MSRP for the PSP's or a temporary drop? Im considering buying a backup but dont know if i should wait a bit longer. I held of on DS lites back in the day and didn't get an extra black one because of it =(

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Seriously tempted in picking one of these up... Do they ever have really good deals on PSP games? Like 5 bucks and under?

I look at it this way.

I currently have a PS Vita. I could buy a game I want from the vita store for full price which is what? 20 or 25 bucks? 4 digital PSP games on the vita store at full price is the cost of a PSP practically. So if I could get PSP games cheap then I would be saving money in the long run depending on how many digital PSP games I would have bought....

I think I have a sickness....

My current systems that I own
PS2, PS3, PS Vita, Nintendo Gameboy, Nintendo 64, Game Cube, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo Wii U, Xbox 360, Neo Geo X Gold, Game Gear.

13 freaking gaming systems!!![/QUOTE]

Wait until you start with multiples of one console.....

If you're an Amazon prime member you can get great PSP games for cheap and free 2-day shipping. There's a thread floating around with PSP games under $7. Decent stuff like Fat Princess, Pixel Junk Monsters and Dead Head Fred. I also just recently ordered God Eater from there for $10 new. The game goes for about $16-20 used on eBay. If you're into grid turn-based strategy games Amazon has Jeanne D'Arc new for about $11. The digital version is $22. I'm currently playing it and find it very enjoyable.

A few months ago Walmart.com had a 4 for $20 sale, it may even still be active. I was able to pick up Crisis Core, Hot Shots Tennis, Star Ocean, and something else I don't remember. Try searching for the thread here.

Also the PS store occasionally has some good deals on digital games, sometimes even being cheaper than a used physical copy. Crush is currently $5, $2.50 for PS+ members. I picked up Monkey Ball for PSP for about $3 a few months ago. And a lot of great RPGs go on sale frequently for much cheaper than you would be able to get a used copy. Just be attentive and check out FriskyTanuki's thread every Tuesday/Wednesday.

[quote name='Fabrizo']They probably would have if the Vita let you play UMDs.[/QUOTE]

UMD was just terrible technology. But they should have allowed people that bought into their system to transfer the data to the Vita. At least I remember it being promised at some time. Instead they reneged and offered everything on the PSN store for some ridiculous pricing. $15 for a 15 year old game... no thanks.

What killed Vita was no games, too expensive, even more expensive memory.

I dislike Sony because they try to create their own infrastructure with their crappy memory cards and then abandon them three years later. Not that it really matters because Sony makes crappy cameras and that's pretty much the only other thing you would use the memory cards for. They came out with the Vita memory card to deter piracy, I think it also deters sales. Stop trying to be like Apple by forcing people into your tiny ecosystem. People typically have a good sense of when they're being ripped off.

[quote name='Naramie']UMD was just terrible technology. But they should have allowed people that bought into their system to transfer the data to the Vita. At least I remember it being promised at some time. Instead they reneged and offered everything on the PSN store for some ridiculous pricing. $15 for a 15 year old game... no thanks.[/QUOTE]They ended up taking that approach in Japan. IIRC they allowed the publishers to name their own price for transferring games. The cost of transferring some games ended up being almost as much as having to buy a new digital copy. The program turned out to be a mess. I can't blame them for not even bothering with it in America.

[quote name='Naramie']What killed Vita was no games, too expensive, even more expensive memory.[/QUOTE]It's a little too early to declare the Vita dead. People were claiming that the DS and 3DS were failures the first year they were out. All Sony needs to do is slash $75 off the system and cut the memory card costs by at least 50% and the Vita will stand a chance.

[quote name='Naramie']I dislike Sony because they try to create their own infrastructure with their crappy memory cards and then abandon them three years later. Not that it really matters because Sony makes crappy cameras and that's pretty much the only other thing you would use the memory cards for. They came out with the Vita memory card to deter piracy, I think it also deters sales. Stop trying to be like Apple by forcing people into your tiny ecosystem. People typically have a good sense of when they're being ripped off.[/QUOTE]Sony stuck with the minidisc format for two decades. They're still going with their proprietary Memory Stick Pro format. As misguided as their attempts may be, they often stick with it until the bitter end.

I get the impression that the reason the memory card price is so high is to entice retailers to support the Vita. Seeing as how Sony is going all-in with their digital distribution of Vita games I can't imagine retailers are too excited about the extra competition for game sales.

Also Sony was taking the proprietary approach with their Betamax format a year before Apple got going.

There is a like new psp 3000 for $65 + shipping on amazon just in case someone still wants one but doesn't want to pay the full price (not sold by amazon though).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001KMRN0M/ref=sr_1_3_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1357803977&sr=8-3&keywords=psp&condition=used

Edit: There is also a Like New Pearl White PSP go for $97. Not so expensive I guess considering that they aren't sold new for cheap anymore :/

[quote name='Naramie']UMD was just terrible technology. But they should have allowed people that bought into their system to transfer the data to the Vita. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, the load times are terrible and it just doesn't hold much data. I'm surprised the psp is still being supported in Japan with new games. They sure got a lot more titles than we ever did (must be way more popular there).

Is Amazon sold of of PSP's? I wanted to get one through them since people mentioned they got the newer packaging through Amazon, but i cant find it at all on the amazon site =( I guess i waited too long? Anyone know if they're totally sold out or if they will be getting more? I snagged one from Target but i wanted one of the newer packages too

[quote name='Kenshindono']Is Amazon sold of of PSP's? I wanted to get one through them since people mentioned they got the newer packaging through Amazon, but i cant find it at all on the amazon site =( I guess i waited too long? Anyone know if they're totally sold out or if they will be getting more? I snagged one from Target but i wanted one of the newer packages too[/QUOTE]

I have a listing saved in my cart and I see them come in and out of stock through Amazon but they don't last long so I wonder if they're just getting a couple at a time.

I've seen some in the blue packaging at physical Target stores but I'm assuming yours must not have those if you bought one and it was in the yellow packaging.

I'll try and remember to bump this thread if they come back in stock on Amazon.

[quote name='GBAstar']I have a listing saved in my cart and I see them come in and out of stock through Amazon but they don't last long so I wonder if they're just getting a couple at a time.

I've seen some in the blue packaging at physical Target stores but I'm assuming yours must not have those if you bought one and it was in the yellow packaging.

I'll try and remember to bump this thread if they come back in stock on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, i appreciate that. Is there any way to stick it in my cart at all now? I dont even see an Amazon seller listing anywhere when i scan the page =( I got about $100 in gift cards so id like to basically get one for free through Amazon. I have way too many RPG's and games to not have a backup or two for the system when it inevitably dies

[quote name='Kenshindono']Thanks, i appreciate that. Is there any way to stick it in my cart at all now? I dont even see an Amazon seller listing anywhere when i scan the page =( I got about $100 in gift cards so id like to basically get one for free through Amazon. I have way too many RPG's and games to not have a backup or two for the system when it inevitably dies[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can add it to your cart unless it's available at the time... then if it sells it out'll stay in your cart but say:

"This item is no longer available from the seller you selected."

however if it comes back in stock and you refresh your cart you'll get a notification.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Thanks, i appreciate that. Is there any way to stick it in my cart at all now? I dont even see an Amazon seller listing anywhere when i scan the page =( I got about $100 in gift cards so id like to basically get one for free through Amazon. I have way too many RPG's and games to not have a backup or two for the system when it inevitably dies[/QUOTE]

Sent you a PM

[quote name='GBAstar']I don't think you can add it to your cart unless it's available at the time... then if it sells it out'll stay in your cart but say:

"This item is no longer available from the seller you selected."

however if it comes back in stock and you refresh your cart you'll get a notification.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's right. I just put the item in my wishlist and watch from there, if I can't add to my cart because Amazon has sold out.

bread's done
Back