PSP Core Pack for $159 at DELL

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Thanks OP! (and Bensbargains) - went ahead and finally picked one up after having a PSP for just 30 days at launch (returned it to BB during the whole dead-pixel mess) and can't wait to start in again with Lumines.[/QUOTE]

this is why I want to buy one at Best buy instead of mail order..... It be a major pain in the ass doing returns

damn gave in lol!!! during those TRU sales i almost gave into a DS for $120., but passed. also passed on the xbox 360 deal for $389. but its sucks because i used a $100 coupon months ago for a digital camera for a prsent, kinda sucks now lol. also i know dell cust service is very generous with coupons, but i dont have a reason to give them lol. anyone know how to get extra 2% off for using dell preferred account? i cant find it. anyways it cae to $172 after tax

[quote name='rly723']damn gave in lol!!! during those TRU sales i almost gave into a DS for $120., but passed. also passed on the xbox 360 deal for $389. but its sucks because i used a $100 coupon months ago for a digital camera for a prsent, kinda sucks now lol. also i know dell cust service is very generous with coupons, but i dont have a reason to give them lol. anyone know how to get extra 2% off for using dell preferred account? i cant find it. anyways it cae to $172 after tax[/QUOTE]

I tried to get the discount and it looks like you have to sign up for a dell credit card and have the charges go to that card. It brought the deal down to 158.xx for me, but I decided it wasn't worth the hastle and paid 168.xx

Suko_32!! I couldn't resist I had to bite on this deal.

yah i already have a dell cc which i used, but i couldnt find where to get the extra 2%. oh well, i'll jsut call cust service later and they'll be nice enough to give me a $20 coupon hopefullym which i can use on a game lol

now where to find a memory card/flash card for cheap??? damn i cant wait by late next week i'll have a PSP!! hopefulyl in perfect condition and no dead pixels

[quote name='ananag112']I think there are many great PSP games:

Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
Wipeout Pure
Metal Gear Acid 2
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
Exit
Pursuit Force
Archer Maclean's Mercury
Infected
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix
Ridge Racer
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition
WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006
PQ: Practical Intelligence Quotient
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
Me and My Katamari
Mega Man Powered Up
Luminies
Daxter
GripShift
Burnout Legends
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Virtua Tennis: World Tour
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo
Metal Gear Acid
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
Metal Gear Acid 2

And in the near future:

Field Commander
OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
Guilty Gear Judgment
Lemmings
Monster Hunter Freedom
Gradius Collection
Def Jam: Fight for NY: The Takeover
Tekken: Dark Resurrection
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Powerstone Collection
Loco Roco
Ace Combat X
Silent Hill
GT4 Mobile
Gitaroo-Man
Killzone
Socom
Ratchet
GTA

$159 is a great steal for the PSP. Anyone that does not have one yet should get one at this price if you like any of the games I listed above.[/QUOTE]

And 9/10 of them are crappy ports or just plain boring. But hey, to each his own.

[quote name='megaseadramon']I personally wouldnt get one, there are no good games that make you go wow. I can't seem to get rid of my PSP.[/QUOTE]

Ok, seriously, why do people feel the need to post that they aren't getting the deal? Its not like everyone is sitting with Dell.com in on open browser thinking "oh what would megaseadramon do in this situation?"

[quote name='megaseadramon']And 9/10 of them are crappy ports or just plain boring. But hey, to each his own.[/QUOTE]

Crappy ports? Games like X-Men Legends II are very much like the console versions and even better in some ways. But really, there are not that many ports on the PSP. Those games I listed are not really boring. They are actually quite fun and have a lot of replay value. I am looking forward to Field Commander and Tekken in the near future. The PSP is just starting to get off the ground now and I think it will be great by the end of it life.

I have both a PSP and DS, but I prefer my PSP better (even though I am sort of a big Nintendo fan). I think the PSP is better if you want to play console like games on the go and the DS is better if you want to play something different. Both are good, but both are targeted at different types of people.

[quote name='slidecage']i would buy one if i already Wasnt buying one next week @ best buy for 180

Best buy 180 with the option to take it back anytime within 2 years
DELL 160 and no return

I would rather spend the extra 20 and have 2 years to take it back

thanks anyways OP[/QUOTE]

fuck Best Buy. I have the feeling they're the kind of retailer that would sell the merchandise that fell off the truck instead of getting rid of it.
M0dem and dijital does this Core pack advice apply to the Asian versions as well in regards to the dead pixel problem or would it be a certain model # for that?
I really wouldn't mind getting a U.S. model but there's this UMD music DVD I want and the HK Region Free version seems to be OOP. If someone could find a site selling it and if, bonus!, it's in Korean instead of Japanese, I'd appreciate it. It's "History Of BoA".

Best Buy will not likely take back your defective Sony PSP. They will try to fix it for about 4-6 weeks and then find a problem that is not covered by the warranty.

That is how Best Buy makes money off of you.

[quote name='Sarang01']fuck Best Buy. I have the feeling they're the kind of retailer that would sell the merchandise that fell off the truck instead of getting rid of it.
M0dem and dijital does this Core pack advice apply to the Asian versions as well in regards to the dead pixel problem or would it be a certain model # for that?
I really wouldn't mind getting a U.S. model but there's this UMD music DVD I want and the HK Region Free version seems to be OOP. If someone could find a site selling it and if, bonus!, it's in Korean instead of Japanese, I'd appreciate it. It's "History Of BoA".[/quote]

Dont know if it applies to Asian versions but it probably does

[quote name='unforeseen']Best Buy will not likely take back your defective Sony PSP. They will try to fix it for about 4-6 weeks and then find a problem that is not covered by the warranty.

That is how Best Buy makes money off of you.[/quote]

Where did you get this information from? It is completely false. I had to return my psp 10 times yes 10 times and they took it back everytime yes they did try to hassle me asking me questions and saying my warranty expired but they couldnt get me

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Ok, seriously, why do people feel the need to post that they aren't getting the deal? Its not like everyone is sitting with Dell.com in on open browser thinking "oh what would megaseadramon do in this situation?"[/QUOTE]

oh snap. rolf

The dead pixel problem IS still there, at least on the Value Packs, although it seems better. I got a Value Pack with 2 "big" stuck pixels and a starfield of littler ones (maybe 10 or so). I was able to return it to BB and got one that's absolutely pristine. :) So it's probably better than before. (although the new one has a light scratch on the screen but it is entirely unnoticable now that I have a Hori screen protector on it)

I doubt there's any hardware differences between the Value and Core production lines. They're probably just being packed into different boxes as they come off the line.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
Wipeout Pure
Metal Gear Acid 2
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
Exit
Pursuit Force
Archer Maclean's Mercury
Infected
Ridge Racer
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition
PQ: Practical Intelligence Quotient
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
Me and My Katamari
Mega Man Powered Up
Luminies
Daxter
GripShift
Burnout Legends
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Virtua Tennis: World Tour
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo
Metal Gear Acid
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
Metal Gear Acid 2

And in the near future:

Field Commander
OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
Guilty Gear Judgment
Lemmings
Monster Hunter Freedom
Gradius Collection
Def Jam: Fight for NY: The Takeover
Tekken: Dark Resurrection
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Powerstone Collection
Loco Roco
Ace Combat X
Silent Hill
GT4 Mobile
Gitaroo-Man
Killzone
Socom
Ratchet
GTA

$159 is a great steal for the PSP. Anyone that does not have one yet should get one at this price if you like any of the games I listed above.[/QUOTE]

Forgot Twisted Metal Head On. Also, PQ, Gripshift, Me and My Katamari, and Pursuit Force suck.

[quote name='Justin42']The dead pixel problem IS still there, at least on the Value Packs, although it seems better. I got a Value Pack with 2 "big" stuck pixels and a starfield of littler ones (maybe 10 or so). I was able to return it to BB and got one that's absolutely pristine. :) So it's probably better than before. (although the new one has a light scratch on the screen but it is entirely unnoticable now that I have a Hori screen protector on it)

I doubt there's any hardware differences between the Value and Core production lines. They're probably just being packed into different boxes as they come off the line.[/quote]

The values have been discontinued and the cores supposedly have the problem fixed

The people who come into these threads and say "not worth it!" or "still not cheap enough!" are thread crappers and system war zealots. They feel the need to try and convince people who might be on the fence that the PSP is a bad buy, not to save anyone money but only because they have some irrational hate for the system, like it raped their sister. If you don't care about the PSP keep it to yourself until someone asks. I've yet to see anyone ask if it sucks in this thread.

Look up the games people. Find the reviews if you're curious, there are plenty of great games for it that arn't ports, granted there are a LOT of ports but atleat many of the ports are as good as the full size console games to the point that you can choose to buy them instead if you'd rather play it on the go. Also Original titles like Pursuit Force and Daxter are definatly good for many hours of enjoyment.

Hey, guys. I'm thinking about this deal, but I heard about a PSP redesign as well, and honestly, this thing just doesn't have enough good games yet, so I think I'm going to wait, so..anyone know when this deal expires?

its annoying when fatwallet grabs a deal from here cause regaurdless of who gets the credit all there members make whatever the deal is out of stock in a matter of minutes.

[quote name='Alpha2']The people who come into these threads and say "not worth it!" or "still not cheap enough!" are thread crappers and system war zealots. They feel the need to try and convince people who might be on the fence that the PSP is a bad buy, not to save anyone money but only because they have some irrational hate for the system, like it raped their sister. If you don't care about the PSP keep it to yourself until someone asks. I've yet to see anyone ask if it sucks in this thread.

Look up the games people. Find the reviews if you're curious, there are plenty of great games for it that arn't ports, granted there are a LOT of ports but atleat many of the ports are as good as the full size console games to the point that you can choose to buy them instead if you'd rather play it on the go. Also Original titles like Pursuit Force and Daxter are definatly good for many hours of enjoyment.[/quote]

Since everyone ripping on people posting negative remarks, why not rip on the positives as well? If the fact that nobody asked if the PSP sucks should stop negative posts, then why is it okay to say it doesn't suck.

If it is bad to say "It's still not cheap enough", why is it ok to say you bought one?

Why are their so many people like me who waste their time writing rude posts everytime they feel that someone has stepped out of line. This is still a community forum, if you don't like what other people want to say then leave.

[/QUOTE]

O RLY?

( Exactly how did THAT make the list of great games? :p )

Oh, and as for Dell customer support, I'd rather run through a gauntlet of fire than get on the phone with Dell customer support representatives since they've outsourced their support department to India.

It's complete with the much hated 'check-list' that every representative is required to go through, no matter what the problem is. I think the goal of their support service is to keep you on the phone so long, that you'd rather just hang up and buy a new one than you would continue to play their little tech support game.

Dell sure has changed. I remember back in the late 90s, when Dell computers were quality that didn't explode all the time ( I help support the Dells on the campus at my school. )

Note - just because Dell can make a small computer, doesn't mean the computer is fit to be running at all. The most notorious Dells I've run into are the micro-BTX cases with almost no airflow through them, and a blazing hot P4 in the middle.

Off topic, I know, but I thought I'd share with you my hatred for Dell tech support. :) I've had to sit on the phone with them FAR too long in my job, and it's made me a bitter, bitter man.

you do get the run around with dell support, but eventually they give in and depending on the situation they'll even off u a coupon. over a yr ago, i had some problems with late orders and a flashcard that didnt work, they shipped a new one. and for a late shipment that didnt arrive after 2 weeks even got a $100 coupon. but i'm sure now they crack dow on everything and its more strict. pprobably best u could get is a 10-15 coupon to use. also its hassle, but keep trying if u have any problems until u get a nice person. usually the women are more helpful, the guys are douchebags and jsut read off some script and wont budge no matter what

[quote name='m0dem']Where did you get this information from? It is completely false. I had to return my psp 10 times yes 10 times and they took it back everytime yes they did try to hassle me asking me questions and saying my warranty expired but they couldnt get me[/QUOTE]

Why the hell would you return 10 different PSPs?
Because there was one or two dead pixels?

Also if you have the PSP replaced after Sony's 90 warranty, the replacement plan would be terminated and cannot be carried over to your next Sony PSP. If they did, then the CSR(s) that did that for you should be fired...for not following SOP.

Let's not go into how Best Buy charges you $39.99 for this POS plan.

I can't get the two coupons to stack. I've added the item to my cart, entered the first coupon, clicked on 'apply coupon' and did the same thing for the second. Only one of them seems to go through. What am I doing wrong?

[quote name='m0dem']The values have been discontinued and the cores supposedly have the problem fixed[/QUOTE]

Do you have a source for that info? (I hadn't heard the Value packs were discontinued) Interesting...

I love my stuck-pixel free screen... :) Hopefully they have gotten the defect rate down cause it really is a thing of beauty when there's not some big pimple of a dead pixel to distract you.

I bit, $220 shipped with the 1 GB card. I'm a huge Capcom nut and all their stuff is whats pushed me to it. Bout time after all the countless times I was tempted to grab one.

whats the cheapest price online for a 1gb card? so i cant use a 1gb sd flashcard i already have? is one of those that i use for a digital camera

Its not bad, considering the Giga Pack was $300 and if I bought the core plus 1 gb card card somewhere else, it would be roughly $250 plus $20 tax (bout 8% tax here). I feel that $220 after tax is decent since I can spend that saved money on a few games.

I'm wondering if I should get the PSP. I mean, will it be out of date soon, considering the new PSP 2? And I heard a new version is coming out os should I even bother getting the PSP.

[quote name='unforeseen']Why the hell would you return 10 different PSPs?
Because there was one or two dead pixels?

Also if you have the PSP replaced after Sony's 90 warranty, the replacement plan would be terminated and cannot be carried over to your next Sony PSP. If they did, then the CSR(s) that did that for you should be fired...for not following SOP.

Let's not go into how Best Buy charges you $39.99 for this POS plan.[/quote]

Actually it was more than 2-3 more like 5-6 and then one time the headphones came broken then another time the wifi was not working correctly. And if you knew anything about the psp you would know it has a 1 year warranty.

[quote name='Ninguy']I'm wondering if I should get the PSP. I mean, will it be out of date soon, considering the new PSP 2? And I heard a new version is coming out os should I even bother getting the PSP.[/quote]

Where do you people get all this information about a psp 2 nothing has been confirmed with Sony and I dont think they will confirm it this year at e3 they are too worried about the ps3

Sony will not release PSP 2 for a VERY LONG time. They spend so much money on R&D to release PSP. The rumored new PSP is just a variation of the current PSP, which possibly contains 4 GB flash memory or even a harddrive. Trust me, it will be too expensive for most of us anyway. Just get a PSP and enjoy it.

I hope they don't disontinue the UMD's. I'm going to get a few to watch when I'm on the road. I have a protable DVD player but it makes a loud roaring noise. Of course I'm getting the PSP because of the awesome games but for the UMDs too.

[quote name='m0dem']Actually it was more than 2-3 more like 5-6 and then one time the headphones came broken then another time the wifi was not working correctly. And if you knew anything about the psp you would know it has a 1 year warranty.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that, Sony usually does the 90 day warranty on their products.

bread's done
Back