PSP Dead & Stuck Pixels

jfunkdpg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm well aware that LCD screens have issues with dead/stuck pixels, but just how big is the problem with them and PSPs?

I bought a PSP earlier which had a blue pixel, so I went in and exchanged it for a new one. The first few hours I used it, I had no problems. Then about an hour ago I noticed a stuck blue pixel, and then another one, and now it seems to have a dead pixel (could be stuck on red or black, hard to tellnear the bottom left corner.

I'm not normally an obsessive person, but it's really bugging the shit out of me already. How many people here have had problems with dead/stuck pixels? My boss was nice enough to allow me to return the first one, even though he probably shouldn't have as I don't believe stuck pixels qualify as a defective unit. I doubt I could take this one back and get another one at a different store (as my store only had two).

I don't mean to sound all whiny (even though I probably do), but I guess I expect more from a product which costs $200.

Edit: I did speak to someone at Sony earlier today about the first PSP I bought, and they said if the pixels are adversely affecting the gameplay, then I can send it in to exchange it for a factory refurbished unit. Has anyone here had this one? My only concern with that process is that I'll get one sent back to me with a fucked up screen or worse.

When they launched and I got my first one home it had about 15 dead pixels. I knew it would have some but 15 was too mich so I took it back. I opened one up in the store and tested it out and it only had two dead/stuck pixels. I am not picky so I took it. There is also a program to flash out the stuck pixels. I never tried it myself but heard it sometimes works.

I went thru this process last year. I brought 5 PSPs from 5 different retailers. ALL of them had issues (dead pixels, dust under the screen, or both). I also purchased a ceramic white PSP from japan on ebay last year. No dead pixels or dusts, BUT I found a new problem, a tiny tiny tiny tiny bump on the lcd screen. WTF? I figure that it was as close to perfection as I'm going to get so I kept it (the other 5 got returned). Sony got some real issues (trying to save a few cents by using all these cheap parts).

I had a PSP on launch that had one dead pixel. It was in the upper right corner so it wasn't too noticeable. I traded it off. I recently got a 2nd PSP and this one doesn't have any stuck or dead pixels. I am considering myself lucky. I didn't think it would make a difference but I have to say it is pretty nice to see such a clear screen. It really shows off the attractiveness of the unit in my opinion. I agree Sony should have done a little better in terms of quality control.

[quote name='wbc1228']I went thru this process last year. I brought 5 PSPs from 5 different retailers. ALL of them had issues (dead pixels, dust under the screen, or both). I also purchased a ceramic white PSP from japan on ebay last year. No dead pixels or dusts, BUT a found a new problem, a tiny tiny tiny tiny bump on the lcd screen. WTF? I figure that it was as close to perfection as I'm going to get so I kept it (the other 5 got returned). Sony got some real issues (trying to save a few cents by using all these cheap parts).[/QUOTE]
I got a tiny bump on the LCD screen too. It's located like in the middle of the screen to the right a little. It makes my screen protector look like it has an air bubble. I also got one white stuck/dead pixel in the top middle of the screen. Gets really annoying when you play games that are dark. Bought my PSP at Target when it first launched so I got no replacement plan with it.

[quote name='pimpinc333']When they launched and I got my first one home it had about 15 dead pixels. I knew it would have some but 15 was too mich so I took it back. [/QUOTE]

Damn! where is the quality control, my 1st PSP had 9 DP at lanuch, I then exchange it for 1 w/ about 4.. and the 3rd and final time I got 1 w/ 2 DP & stuck Right trigger button...

didn't think I'll get anybetter than this... SO I kept it...

My brother on the other hand exchanged his 6 times... inside the store til he got 1 with only 1 DP...

[quote name='jkam']I had a PSP on launch that had one dead pixel. It was in the upper right corner so it wasn't too noticeable. I traded it off. I recently got a 2nd PSP and this one doesn't have any stuck or dead pixels. I am considering myself lucky. I didn't think it would make a difference but I have to say it is pretty nice to see such a clear screen. It really shows off the attractiveness of the unit in my opinion. I agree Sony should have done a little better in terms of quality control.[/QUOTE]

Exactly the same thing that happened to me, I got 1 launch day with 1 dead pixel. I got an EB replacement plan. Ran my PSP over on March 14th (plan expired on the 24th), with my car an took it back. I got one with no dead pixels at all.

bread's done
Back