PSP E-1000 model announced. No WiFi?!?!

Looks to be some kind of Euro-only ultra value system. What else really uses WiFi besides Portable Ops/Peace Walker and MonHun?

Personally I think this new design is rather ugly and can't really envision spending $150-ish to get one shipped to me from Europe. Maybe, MAYBE if it some amazing new features or accessories get released for this model specifically but even then it's a stretch.

VITA or bust.

A cheap, affordable PSP model, coupled with the relaunch of some games at super budget prices, to support their own disc format. Yeah. Off their rockers..

It's a good move and a final effort to get people into the original PSP.

Hey, I'll buy it if it can connect with a Dual Shock 3, somehow compatible through an adapter with PSP Go accessories, and/or at least work with the PSP Go dock, which I got for cheap.

Actually, I would want more a PSP Go design with a UMD drive that used Memory Card Duos/whatever the current PSP uses. Take out the Wi-Fi and sell it for less than $100, seems like a decent price.

I missed out on the clearanced PSP Go systems at Target. I also hardly used the wireless internet unless to buy stuff from the PSN and the Internet Radio. I mean by hardly used, is the internet browser.

Never messed with Media Go, just bought PSP stuff and stored them on my PS3. A PSP Go with a UMD drive would be a nice compliment to the PS Vita.

Sorry for the double post.

I'd rather buy a remake/redesign of the PSP Go if it was cheaper than $90 and let you watch Youtube videos legally.

Edit: I do miss being unable to access the comic book section of the Playstation store on my PSP since my PSP is unable to connect to my family's wireless network.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys realize that the PSP sold a lot better in Europe than the US. A "value" model to keep sales up through the holiday season is a good idea on their part. MAybe they have found the majority of users don't use the WiFi, which i doubt but a possibility.

I mean they are saving money with no wifi and mono speaker. I kind of like the matte finish.

Guess they see some kind of sales potential through the holidays since they probably won't see Vita until february/march at the earliest.

Another thing to realize is the PSP has sold 77 million units worldwide, so still a fan base, just not that great here in the US.

I think it's great. I always listen to the sound on headphones - the PSP speakers have pretty poor sound quality.

And if you stick with UMD, why bother with WiFi? Hardly any games have patches, let alone free add-on content. You can always use the Media Go on a PC and grab whatever you need from PSN via the Internet. Well, as long as you don't have Windows XP 64-bit OS, which the Media Go isn't compatible with....

I'd only be interested in buying one if it has an improved screen over the PSP 3000. I have a 2000 because I didn't like the lines on the PSP 3000 screen. I've read that Sony fixed the problem with the PSP Go's screen, so I hope that's what Sony puts in this neutered PSP (to borrow Giant Bomb's nickname for it).

Of course, if you do use your PSP as more than a portable gaming system and need Wifi to use the dodgy internet browser... Wait, why do I need WiFi on my PSP? :p

EDIT: oh, I tried reading a free comic on the PSP. Definitely a sub-par experience compared to reading an actual physical comic book, or even seeing one entire page at a time, as opposed to panel-by-panel... but maybe that's me.

bread's done
Back