PSP game question

evan11221

Banned
ok, i have a PSP. I also have 4 games:

NFSU: Rivals
World Series of Poker
Wipeout Pure
Untold Legends

i am about to buy another game or 2 today probably, and was wondering what your suggestions would be for me to buy. I like most any games. I was thinking about lumines or Mercury(or w/e its called) . But, not sure what they are like. Any help on what other great games are, is appreciated! let me know your opinions

Lumines, for sure. That game is some kind of crazy game crack. I love it. I like Hot Shots Golf quite a bit also, but that might be in for a nice price drop soon. You might want to hold off on that one.

Lumines or Ridge Racer, I really enjoyed the RR though. You might also want to wait for GTA Liberty City Stories, might be good.

buy one of the sports games honestly... nfl street 2 and THUG 2 are among the best games released for PSP so far...

i have heard good things about SSX as well... but that came out this week and I have no first hand experience with it... yet!

NFL Street 2 is pretty bad ass. The New SSX On Tour has great graphics but im never liked the series. Midnight Club is pretty good but the long load times. I never liked Lumines I really couldnt get into it. IF you like Hocky the Gretzky is pretty good just like NHL 98 for the PS1. Good Luck bro.

[quote name='Lew Zealand']Lumines, for sure. That game is some kind of crazy game crack. I love it. I like Hot Shots Golf quite a bit also, but that might be in for a nice price drop soon. You might want to hold off on that one.[/QUOTE]

This is the right answer. Lumines and HSG are still the two best games available. Burnout is a close third though...

so, seems like alot of ppl like lumines. i may pick that one up. any one play mercury?? i wanna know what that one is like to.

any more suggestions?? let me know ppl, will probly be going out to buy 1 in a few hours

The only game I can't recommend in this thread is Mercury. Hot Shots Golf and the incredible Burnout Legends would be my first two choices.

The new SSX on PSP is really SSX 3 with SSX on tour music. That isnt bad but you are paying fullprice for a game that's already a GH title.

i have played mercury, and i did not like it, it was difficult to the piont of not being fun. looks good tho.

i would say check out xmen legends II. supposed to be pretty damn good, i will be renting it soon. if you want to pay full price now, get new games. wait for some price drops for (relatively) older games.

Mercury is a puzzle version of Marble Madness...which sounds good, until you realize that instead of a bal you have a puddle and instead of fun frustration you have boredom. Didnt like it.

X-Men Legends 2 - Amazing how they fit this entire game onto a portable, and even gave you EXTRAS that the consoles don't have! Load times are manageable, it controls well... if you liked Untold Legends you'd love this, honestly.

Burnout Legends - Burnout on the PSP, and it's fucking great. Nothing more to be said about that here.

GTA: Liberty City Stories - I've only put an hour or so into it, but it's easily the best PSP game out there, and a technical achievement. The initial load time is under a minute, the in game loads are around 5 seconds, it controls great, plays excellent, it is a blast. No slowdown, either!!

NBA Street Showdown - NBA Street on PSP... it's alot like NBA Street Vol 2 with some things from 3 mixed in. Now that it's dropped to $29.99, it's definately worth taking a look at it, I've gotten alot of enjoyment out of it.

Some old favorites of mine include Lumines and Hot Shots Golf.

I hear alot of different games for different reasons. I personally enjoy the sports games as well as FPS. I would recommend NBA 06. The game is very smooth and I really enjoy the online play. The addition of the mini games also adds to the fun factor. They changed up alot of the AI from last year so it is more user friendly. I would check it out.

mercury is good for a rental only. played it, finished it, wont play it again.
lumines is pretty addictive.
virtua tennis is very fun!
THUG will take you forever to get done with
X-men II is cool
GTA: i dont care much for. its for high school kids who think violence is cool.

Mercury is a good game, you just have to have patience.

Lumines, GTA, RR, TW06 are all excellent games.

Target should have Lumines for under $20 if you can find it in stock. If you're going to spend $50, GTA is the way to go.

I recommed, Lumines, Ridge Racer, Hot Shots Golf, and SSX On Tour

If you are more into sports then I recommend NBA Live 06 and THUG 2 Remix

[quote name='Bezerker']You should get Smart Bomb, greatest game ever made.[/QUOTE]

When that thing hits $20, I might actually get it to see how bad it is.

[quote name='Bezerker']You should get Smart Bomb, greatest game ever made.[/QUOTE]

LOL That has to be a joke!

The list is easy: X-Men Legends, Burnout Legends, GTA: Liberty City Stories, Virtua Tennis, Hot Shots Golf.

Can't lose with any of those.

I just picked up a copy of NBA 06 for my PSP...I really love it! The game play is awesome and the mini games are totally sick. You should pick it up.

bread's done
Back