PSP Go! £148.99 @ HMV

Tempted, just because I'm a consumer whore and I like new hardware. But the online game prices are still extortionately priced, right?

I've got plenty PSN purchases already so I'll just load all my fav. PSOne classics on it. I think the price is still not perfect, but good enough for a multimedia gadget with 16GB built in storage. I can't really imagine this being sold for under £100 anytime soon anyway.

Two things now stopping me getting the Go:

1) No Lumines. How the hell can you launch the Go without Lumines, I ask you?

2) Digital download store prices will rarely be discounted, and that will always make that service relatively expensive. Too expensive.

Huh. There's a special section on the PSN called "Special Offers" that contains a selection of discounted PSP titles every single week.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dark_archon']Huh. There's a special section on the PSN called "Special Offers" that contains a selection of discounted PSP titles every single week.[/QUOTE]

not enough. too slim, too few selection. no competitors. just like xbla: not saying it's 100% bad, but i'll pick carefully what i choose to play. Then again, with a PSP GO you have no other choiche: that's a big no no to me. Enough to pass
very glad to see this bombing right away... sony (and entire market) has to realise we're not cash cows at their disposal. not completely, at least.

The thing is, the Go is ahead of its time in a couple of ways, but I think it's really bad for the consumer when you have one central platform holder controlling the pricing instead of competing retailers. Whatever you might say about the second-hand market, the discounts offered by retailers and the ability to rent physical media makes gaming affordable to a lot of people – myself included among them.

bread's done
Back