PSP Go $239.99 (White or Black) + $30 PSN Credits on Amazon

KillerRamen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Needs to be cheaper for me to bite. With all the sales on retail copies of psp games and the lack of sales for digital downloads, this is just a hard pill to swallow no matter how sexy it is.

I have the PSP-3000, it is hard for me to want to buy new one where I get a smaller screen, have to re-purchase all the games I own as digital copies ... and what hurts even more, is for 60 bucks more you can buy a damn PS3?

The price needs to be half of what it is now.

I saw this for about the same price at my local bestbuy but it didnt show the same price on their website so its definatley worth checking out if you have a bestbuy store nearby

..... I just bought one literally 2 days ago. $%%@#%@%

E-mailing Amazon CS. Thank you, OP... hopefully I can still get it.

Edit: Denied. They told me to refuse the package, which isn't even possible - and to send it in for a refund, and then re-order it. By that time, the promotion will have expired. So, my nice e-mail is a fail.. so I just sent a very, very angry one. We'll see where that gets me. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Penguin1084']I saw walmart.com has the white one for $229. just throwing that out there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i saw it there the other day. Still waiting for it drop under $180. I already have the first gen but the GO seems ideal for me.

I love how the white PSP Go! looks and i always put it in my cart when i see this deal... then i realize that a PSP Go isn't worth it. At all. *waiting for PSP2*

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']..... I just bought one literally 2 days ago. $%%@#%@%

E-mailing Amazon CS. Thank you, OP... hopefully I can still get it.

Edit: Denied. They told me to refuse the package, which isn't even possible - and to send it in for a refund, and then re-order it. By that time, the promotion will have expired. So, my nice e-mail is a fail.. so I just sent a very, very angry one. We'll see where that gets me. :)[/QUOTE]

You don't have to refuse the package. Just place a new order now and keep that system & promotion. When the other order arrives, use the return feature in your amazon account to send it back. When asked the reason, say "found better price elsewhere". You will however have to pay for return shipping, since it wasn't amazon's fault - but it will only cost you $4 or so and allow you to get the $30 amazon credit.

what is sad i say by next winter (at least in japan) sony will drop the entire PSP and PSP go.. bring a a new system

What will be a cross between the psp and psp go but have more power behind it.. (it wont play UMDS sony will bring out yet another format)

personally would not WILL NOt pay more then 49 bucks for this system

[quote name='iamthekiller']You don't have to refuse the package. Just place a new order now and keep that system & promotion. When the other order arrives, use the return feature in your amazon account to send it back. When asked the reason, say "found better price elsewhere". You will however have to pay for return shipping, since it wasn't amazon's fault - but it will only cost you $4 or so and allow you to get the $30 amazon credit.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a credit card, or a spare $240. I purchased this on a $250 GC I won from my bank; and my only other way to re-order it would be to use my Debit Card, which doesn't have nearly enough funds on it right now.

Edit: Just got an e-mail back; seems sending an angry e-mail will get you results. They just gave me the $30 credit.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Edit: Just got an e-mail back; seems sending an angry e-mail will get you results. They just gave me the $30 credit.[/QUOTE]

In my experience, being nice always works, it just depends on the rep you get.

PSP Go's still $100 too much and the digital download prices aren't helping.

[quote name='slidecage']what is sad i say by next winter (at least in japan) sony will drop the entire PSP and PSP go.. bring a a new system

What will be a cross between the psp and psp go but have more power behind it.. (it wont play UMDS sony will bring out yet another format)

personally would not WILL NOt pay more then 49 bucks for this system[/QUOTE]

...And thats why you wont own one for 5-10 years from now. Come on, seriously. I hate things that are 100% digital downloads but look at the ipods - they sell! I think $249 is way too much but its worth way more than $49.

[quote name='distgfx']In my experience, being nice always works, it just depends on the rep you get.

PSP Go's still $100 too much and the digital download prices aren't helping.[/QUOTE]

Well, by angry e-mail, I just mean that I stress all of my points out more, so you can tell how angry I actually am. I still write it as politely as possible, and I even apologized in the e-mail to them saying I was sorry if I sounded angry, but that it was just kind of absurd (surrounding all the details of my order; there wasn't just this one problem). I never resort to swearing or "yelling" at them, I just tell them how upset I am; and it usually seems to work.

I have even gotten them to give me stuff without sending stuff like that, but this time and another time doing that just didn't cut it, so I had to just flesh out my e-mail a bit more for them to understand the circumstances surrounding my order. Either way, I'm happy. Even if Amazon initially lets me down, they always correct it in the end.

I also did finally get my PSP-Go about an hour ago, I love it. It's very nice and sleek, and shockingly is very small. My Motorola Razor V3 is actually just as big as the Go (when folded). I'm really shocked how small and sleek it is; but I'm very impressed so-far; I'm loving it.

I'm not going to buy this system. I dont want to support an all-digital system. I prefer to have physical games and a used game market. If you want to buy games for this system, you will always have to buy from Sony at their price as digital downloads. No thank you.

Dammit, dammit, dammit... I have a $30 system coupon that I need to use by the end of the year (from the trade-in program) and I really wanted to get a PSP with it. But I want a PSP-3000. I have a launch PSP that I'm going to give my son (along with that $10 copy of LBP I got at Kmart ;)). It might want to get a PSP Go eventually, but like everyone else I'd want it much cheaper than that.

Why can't they have a deal on the PSP-3000? It seems like no retailers have had any PSP system deals this year and you'd think they would want to move those :bomb:.

I'm ever so slightly tempted but I have a feeling it will get much cheaper soon, and like others I have piles of cheap PSP games I've obtained through various clearances and the Go is useless fpr those. Just about the only thing I might want on it is something like Disgaea and I guess I missed the half-off sale on that so I'd feel like it was a waste paying "full" price for the digital copy.

[quote name='io']Dammit, dammit, dammit... I have a $30 system coupon that I need to use by the end of the year (from the trade-in program) and I really wanted to get a PSP with it. But I want a PSP-3000. I have a launch PSP that I'm going to give my son (along with that $10 copy of LBP I got at Kmart ;)). It might want to get a PSP Go eventually, but like everyone else I'd want it much cheaper than that.

Why can't they have a deal on the PSP-3000? It seems like no retailers have had any PSP system deals this year and you'd think they would want to move those :bomb:.

I'm ever so slightly tempted but I have a feeling it will get much cheaper soon, and like others I have piles of cheap PSP games I've obtained through various clearances and the Go is useless fpr those. Just about the only thing I might want on it is something like Disgaea and I guess I missed the half-off sale on that so I'd feel like it was a waste paying "full" price for the digital copy.[/QUOTE]

Newegg has the Hannah Montana PSP for $145 shipped right now. (Retailers been having lots of sales on the lilac. I understand if it's just not your color, but I love mine.)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868110041&Tpk=hannah montana psp

[quote name='addicted2games']I'm not going to buy this system. I dont want to support an all-digital system. I prefer to have physical games and a used game market. If you want to buy games for this system, you will always have to buy from Sony at their price as digital downloads. No thank you.[/QUOTE]

Not entirely true, Amazon sells PSP games as well, and for cheaper prices then Sony. For instance, GTA: Chinatown Wars. $29.99 on Amazon, and $39.99 on PSN.

It's still probably a mark-up from what you could get it used for, but Amazon does sell these things as well; and they also put things on sale quite often. The only thing I dislike, is that not every game is available for the Go. I'd like the PSP Metal Gear's, but without a UMD, and no option to download them, I guess I won't be playing them anytime soon.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Well, by angry e-mail, I just mean that I stress all of my points out more, so you can tell how angry I actually am. I still write it as politely as possible, and I even apologized in the e-mail to them saying I was sorry if I sounded angry, but that it was just kind of absurd (surrounding all the details of my order; there wasn't just this one problem). I never resort to swearing or "yelling" at them, I just tell them how upset I am; and it usually seems to work.[/QUOTE]

I knew what you meant by angry e-mail. ;)

[quote name='addicted2games']yeah, I guess you're right Legend. But still, it wont be the mass of used games for cheap, cheap prices at every B&M store like it is now.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I completely agree. Just wanted to point out that PSN isn't the only place where you can get them at. :)

[quote name='distgfx']I knew what you meant by angry e-mail. ;)[/QUOTE]

Just making sure, haha, I didn't want to come off as someone who basically Shaq-Fu'ed them in an e-mail to try and get my way.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Newegg has the Hannah Montana PSP for $145 shipped right now. (Retailers been having lots of sales on the lilac. I understand if it's just not your color, but I love mine.)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868110041&Tpk=hannah montana psp[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I should have qualified my statement - I did know about that. But for one thing, I have the $30 system coupon to use only at Amazon so I want to buy it there. Plus, yeah, I don't want a purple one. Now maybe if Amazon had it for $145 it would be too good to pass up (since I'd get it for $115).

bread's done
Back