PSP Go Drops To $199 - OFFICIALLY

Does it still come with the 3 game offer? It should be $149 at most regardless.

I wouldn't hate the system so much if Sony actually supported it. There's absolutely no excuse to not add every new release to the PSN store, especially big titles like KH: Birth by Sleep. That's just a retarded move that kills the system for me.

If this is a sign of what an all-digital PSP2 will be like, then that'll be DOA too.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Does it still come with the 3 game offer? It should be $149 at most regardless.

I wouldn't hate the system so much if Sony actually supported it. There's absolutely no excuse to not add every new release to the PSN store, especially big titles like KH: Birth by Sleep. That's just a retarded move that kills the system for me.

If this is a sign of what an all-digital PSP2 will be like, then that'll be DOA too.[/QUOTE]

Did they not add anything besides KH? All I seem to see is complaining about that one game. Haven't really looked to see if they haven't added anything else though.

[quote name='Thomas96']still too much[/QUOTE]

yep maybe if it dropped to 150 or 125 id bite but 200 is still too much for a psp.

Maybe.

I prefer the Go personally since it's just so much more convenient. It's smaller and being able to have all those games with you vs carrying around UMD's is just so appealing to me.

[quote name='whoknows']Maybe.

I prefer the Go personally since it's just so much more convenient. It's smaller and being able to have all those games with you vs carrying around UMD's is just so appealing to me.[/QUOTE]

If each and every game came out digitally, I would definitely rather have a PSP Go. But since that's not the case, I'm just going with that GOW Limited Edition one. It's really a shame, because I think the Go looks really cool.

There really isn't much that isn't available digitally that I would really want, so the Go worked for me.

I'd take a look at PSN if I were you to see if there really is anything you really want that's not available.

Ugh to Go.

Only at $100 new would I consider one as I believe it should sell for $50 below the price of the regular PSP since you're getting less for your $.
Consider how much the screen has been shrunk as a big part of it and no more physical copies. Then remember how you likely get fucked in the ass with importing.
I mean let me ask this for the digital offerings. Are both Devil Summoner and Princess Crown available for downloads? What about both DJ Max Portables and Astonishia Story? Etc.

Sony should drop the price to $100 and get it in everyone's hands. Everyone wins. Sony actually sells Go, developers and publishers actually get game sales, and people like me would have a handheld console.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Does it still come with the 3 game offer? It should be $149 at most regardless.[/QUOTE]

Yes, till March 2011 (LittleBigPlanet, Socom __, and Ratchet and Clank:SM). Now I'm hoping for a lowball black friday deal :drool:

[quote name='sambadeamigo']What? Do they really expect people to pay $200 for a psp? The correct price should be $99 for a psp by this time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah for the PSP Go, NOT the original.

As it stands, powerwise you're getting a better deal then with the DS so I really don't think Sony is overcharging when I look at the price as being $150.

Oh and one more thing I forgot to add about the Go. There are no Ultra II Memory Stick Micro so there's no limited lifetime warranty Memory Stick option for it. What bullshit. It means I buy a micro storage and take my chances after 5 years. Really fucking nice Sandisk.

[quote name='whoknows']There really isn't much that isn't available digitally that I would really want, so the Go worked for me.

I'd take a look at PSN if I were you to see if there really is anything you really want that's not available.[/QUOTE]

I am not certain what games weren't available digitally, but I know there were a few (like that recent Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep). Also, I am pretty sure there were a lot of older games that weren't going to be released digitally.

I've proposed this several times in the PS Blog suggestion page, but it always gets denied, but I think Sony should make an adapter that converts the memory stick slot to a regular SD card slot (like those SD micro cards that have that adapter). Then, they can start releasing games only on SD or digital. That way, both the Go and the older PSPs would be compatible with the physical media; so those of us who like retail packaging and physical media can have the best of both worlds.

For me, I just got the PSP God of War LE one for $199 b/c I have never owned a PSP before, and I want to be able to play any game that ever came out, because I've missed all of the games on the PSP to date...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whoknows']I prefer the Go personally since it's just so much more convenient. It's smaller and being able to have all those games with you vs carrying around UMD's is just so appealing to me.[/QUOTE]

Best part that I absolutely love is the Sleep Slide feature (or whatever it's actually called). At the office during downtime I can play a game, then just slide it close and it automatically pauses it wherever I stopped. Then when I have time again, just slide it back open and start exactly where I left off. No waiting or loading at all! No need to hit the PS button to "Pause" the game, then wait for it to save, then having to resume the game and wait again for it to load like the original PSP.

@ssjmichael
Yeah the 3 free game promo is still going, but it's going to take a lot longer to get the games. I called Sony last week asking them about my games and they said they're backed up from the promo and it'll take at least 3 weeks instead of the 7 days as stated on the box.

bread's done
Back