PSP Go Gamesharing?

stewie75

CAGiversary!
Feedback
99 (100%)
I wanted to snag a PSP-Go but definitely don't want to have to pay FULL PRICE on every single game. I know about gamesharing on the PS3 and going in with 4 others, but can this be done on the PSPGo as well? I'm sure this has been answered a hundred times, but thought I'd be annoying and post asking. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

Chris

Still looking to formalize a gameshare group for the psp. I'd be willing to host. I have a number of games already but would really like to pay less than msrp. Please let me know if anyone has any interest.

[quote name='Coded_arm']Yes, it's possible. A PSPgo is a PSP.[/QUOTE]

Although your statement is somewhat correct, it doesn't work the way you think.

You are limited to how many times a PSP Go can be "activated" on any PSN account, after that limitation is used up you will not be able to use those games.

From the PSP Go FAQ from Sony:

Q: What does it mean to Activate a PSP Go?
A: Activating your PSP Go links it to your Playstation Network account. Sony allows up to 5 PSP systems to be associated with a single PSN account, meaning that any games purchased under the linked account will be available to transfer and play on those 5 PSP's.

Q: Once I buy a game, how many times can I download it?
A: You're allowed to download it as many times as you want, but as stated above it is limited to 5 PSP activations.
In a nutshell, once the PSN account is shared 5 times, you will no longer be able to share it further. In addition, to play that shared game you will have to "un-authorize" your PSN account on your PSP Go, "authorize" the game share account and "re-authorize" your account after you're done. Although I don't believe it counts against activations, I personally would not risk it.

It should work if people actually "un-authorize" their PSP Go after they are done, but you have to keep track of that process, and people will forget to, or refuse to. It would be a management headache trying to keep track of the 5 people you want to share with. If you decide to limit to just 1 or 2 people to make it easier to track you might pull it off, but they better be good friends that will give it up if necessary. Still not worth the hassle IMHO as it reduces the "savings" you will get.

Bottom line, PSN Game sharing is not a reasonable option on the PSP Go, it is safer and easier to just buy your own games. In regards to not wanting to pay "full price" for games, you don't have to. Sony has been really good at having sales every week. Limit yourself to just those sales and you should be fine.

If you want to play them on the PSP Go, then yes. Otherwise, they would fall under the same PSN rules as other PS3 games.

not worth it unless you find a1 group and buy games there because

cuz you can only have 1 account on any ps3 at a time

[quote name='king9x']Although your statement is somewhat correct, it doesn't work the way you think.

You are limited to how many times a PSP Go can be "activated" on any PSN account, after that limitation is used up you will not be able to use those games.

In a nutshell, once the PSN account is shared 5 times, you will no longer be able to share it further. In addition, to play that shared game you will have to "un-authorize" your PSN account on your PSP Go, "authorize" the game share account and "re-authorize" your account after you're done. Although I don't believe it counts against activations, I personally would not risk it.

It should work if people actually "un-authorize" their PSP Go after they are done, but you have to keep track of that process, and people will forget to, or refuse to. It would be a management headache trying to keep track of the 5 people you want to share with. If you decide to limit to just 1 or 2 people to make it easier to track you might pull it off, but they better be good friends that will give it up if necessary. Still not worth the hassle IMHO as it reduces the "savings" you will get.

Bottom line, PSN Game sharing is not a reasonable option on the PSP Go, it is safer and easier to just buy your own games. In regards to not wanting to pay "full price" for games, you don't have to. Sony has been really good at having sales every week. Limit yourself to just those sales and you should be fine.

[/QUOTE]

So 5 people would all need to log in to 1 PSN account to download the games.
Once downloaded then activated on each persons PSP.

If a persons PSp breaks they woudl need to log into the main PSN account to de activate their games on that 1 specific PSP. Then reactive it on their new/working PSP.

This sounds like a perfectly fine idea.

The difference from PS3 shares is you would want to limit this group to the same 5 people who would hopefully continue buying and splitting the cost of future PSN/pspgo games in the future.

One of the MAJOR issues with the GO games are the price point. You get no manual,no physical copy that can be sold/traded with friends etc.

BUT at 1/5 the price for game it seems like a resonably trade off.

Very interested in buying a PSPgo very soon and getting a PSP share group started.

PSP gamesharing is a terrible, terrible idea. The unauthorizing process is awful. There's a reason why nobody has setup a psp game share.

[quote name='king9x']Although your statement is somewhat correct, it doesn't work the way you think.

[/QUOTE]

I know this is an old post, but I just want to point out it is false. You can have the same PSN account authorized and active on up to 5 PSPs (Go or whatever model) at the same time, all sharing the same game library and even playing the same game together. You do not have to keep track, or manage, who is authorized on the PSP. The authorization to the PSP just means 'hey, this is the account I am accessing right now.'

I truly believe King has misread, or misunderstood, the information provided by Sony and has posted some conclusions he made that is simply not true. If this is deterring anyone from gamesharing on the PSP, it should not. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask, as I am currently gamesharing on both PS3 and PSP and am willing to help anyone that is interested in doing so.

Yes, I did misread the FAQ from their website. You can activate a PSP Go more than 5 times, I believe the limitation is on how many PSP Go you can activate a single purchase.

Either way... gamesharing, to me, is not worth the hassle regardless.

bread's done
Back