PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
They don't list used PSP Go's online outside of the refurb units, but I figured some people would be interested in knowing that USED PSP Go systems are now $49.99. I believe they used to be $60-70 just a week ago. I managed to find a white one, complete in box in pretty much mint shape for this price. I'm not sure if it was a new to used transfer or what, but this is pretty much the price point I've been waiting for on it.

The main advantage of the system for me is being able to use a Dualshock 3, which is great for if you output it to a tv.

EDIT* Also, for anyone interested, you can get a cheap cradle for it too for about 14 shipped of TRU right now...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3800542&prodFindSrc=search

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chimpmeister']Not sure those are original Sandisk M2 cards . . . there are tons of counterfeits on Ebay. Check the thread in the Vita/PSP forums on how to identify fake memory sticks, they're pretty common on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

so what's wrong if they are fake though? do they break easily?
Here is the one I bought for $10.50 : http://www.ebay.com/itm/130837506873?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
People have been leaving him positive reviews about the card.

EDIT: have been reading a little bit about this subject, will test the card for actual size when it arrives on the 9th of feb. Push comes to shove, I open a case w/ PP and get my money back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just in case anyone here from Minnesota doesn't watch the Minnesota thread, here are the PSP Gos in and around the Twin Cities (as of Feb 4th)...

Quantity - Location - City
1 - Mall of America (3rd Floor) - Bloomington
2 - The Hub - Richfield
4 - Apple Valley - Apply Valley
2 - Midway S/C - Saint Paul
2 - South Robert Plaza - West St. Paul
1 - Silver Lake Village - Minneapolis
1 - Northtown Mall Outlet - Blaine
2 - Lino Lakes T/C - Lino Lakes
2 - Shoppes Oak Park Heights - Oak Park Heights

I noticed playing PSOne games on the go was way too tiny in original mode. Normal mode is small too. Stretching to full wide screen is distorting. But using custom mode to zoom in and resize without losing any screen space is much better. Games look incredible. I played an hour or two of Lunar:SSSC and it really popped. So I will need to do this zooming/resizing in custom mode for most of my games.

Even with my screen scratches the Go really shines. I love the screen. I would buy a brand new one if they still weren't so expensive. I debated on getting a 3000 since I wanted the bigger screen and more comfortable control position but he Go screen is so issue free and clear that I don't want to deal with ghosting or scanlines of the other versions.

Found a white one Tuesday in a hole in the wall gamestop I didn't know about. The go is perfect.....except for a discolored analog nub. Any ideas on how to clean that, or am I just being anal? No games left on the system, but that's ok. The gamestop employee actually tried to talk me out of buying it. First on the phone, then in person when I picked it up. Guess he was hoping I would get the used vita for $180.

[quote name='nickerous']Found a white one Tuesday in a hole in the wall gamestop I didn't know about. The go is perfect.....except for a discolored analog nub. Any ideas on how to clean that, or am I just being anal? No games left on the system, but that's ok. The gamestop employee actually tried to talk me out of buying it. First on the phone, then in person when I picked it up. Guess he was hoping I would get the used vita for $180.[/QUOTE]

Q-tip with hydrogen peroxide or isopropyl alcohol, I'd guess.

Or you could use a sharpie and color it in yourself.

got a pearl white one, no games, no card, 6.60 restored. cleaned it up and the screen looks almost perfect.

Whats the largest m2 memory available that will work on this?

[quote name='nixmahn']got a pearl white one, no games, no card, 6.60 restored. cleaned it up and the screen looks almost perfect.

Whats the largest m2 memory available that will work on this?[/QUOTE]

16GB, so puts the total available on the go to 32GB with the internal storage.

I want to get a white psp go, someone please talk me out of it. Already have a psp 3000 and the black psp go, don't really want to pay $35 for a 16gb m2 memory card and ran out of space on my psp go and 3000.

Thanks OP and everyone else with suggestions on what to do with one of these.

I managed to find a white one in perfect condition (except for a discolored nub). The clerk was nice enough to let me look through the units and was patient with my questions, so I bought the $5 warranty along with it.

I plan to use it on a tv with a PS3 controller. Now to look up how to do it!

[quote name='nickerous']Found a white one Tuesday in a hole in the wall gamestop I didn't know about. The go is perfect.....except for a discolored analog nub. Any ideas on how to clean that, or am I just being anal? No games left on the system, but that's ok. The gamestop employee actually tried to talk me out of buying it. First on the phone, then in person when I picked it up. Guess he was hoping I would get the used vita for $180.[/QUOTE]

People use to say they got good results with the Arm&Hammer Magic Eraser on the white DS. Haven't done it personally.

Glad to see the love for the PSP Go, now that it's cheap. I picked up a backup when they started getting clearanced. It really is a sweet system. Great screen, super portable, and optional hookup to the TV. I've been rocking mine for years. Love it. Still play it even as a VITA owner.

Heh, here was the conversation I had a few months ago when I got mine:

Me: Do you have any used PSPGos?
Gamestop employee: Why would you want a dead system? You should buy the Vita.
Me: I want the Go. It's extremely portable, you can flash it, I can hook a DS3 up to it, and it has video out.
Gamestop employee: No it doesn't. Only the Vita has DS3 support and video out.
Me: I'll take my chances that I'm right.

[quote name='simmias']Heh, here was the conversation I had a few months ago when I got mine:

Me: I want the Go. It's extremely portable, you can flash it, I can hook a DS3 up to it, and it has video out.
Me: I'll take my chances that I'm right.[/QUOTE]

I actually had a pretty similar experience when I called in to one of the stores, although it probably wasn't as rude as that employee you got, but she also asked me why I want a Go and then recommended I should pick up a Vita instead, and at which time I told her to just check anyways if they had them in stock.

[quote name='simmias']Heh, here was the conversation I had a few months ago when I got mine:

lol, you should have told the guy at the end of the conversation, can I preorder then Battletoads? :lol:

Watching this thread and I'm getting quite a kick out of it. I jumped on the last PD a couple of months ago and was so happy with the PSPGo Piano black I went out and got the Pearl white one too. IMO it's the best portable Sony system out there.

I was a total PSPGo basher in the beginning because I own 20+ PSP titles as it is, but now I can't praise the system enough. Great portability, perfect blend of size and grace, and it simply looks great. Just too bad Sony dropped the ball on the whole PSN and PSP transfer option. Though, I believe we can all look at NYSE: SNE and know they must be thinking the same thing.

For those on the fence really give it a shot. I ending up buying three of my favorite PSP titles again and will probably buy more in the future if they become forward compatible with the Vita.

Plus flashing was super easy:whistle2:#

Just picked up a black PSPGo, even came with a case for it. Only problem is I get no sound when I have it plugged in to charge. Soon as I unplug the charger sound works fine.

[quote name='chris1138']Just picked up a black PSPGo, even came with a case for it. Only problem is I get no sound when I have it plugged in to charge. Soon as I unplug the charger sound works fine.[/QUOTE]

I think someone else had a similar problem in this thread and I believe they said it turned out to be the cable...

[quote name='Squarehard']I actually had a pretty similar experience when I called in to one of the stores, although it probably wasn't as rude as that employee you got, but she also asked me why I want a Go and then recommended I should pick up a Vita instead, and at which time I told her to just check anyways if they had them in stock.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Their excuse was that they didn't want to risk a return on it once I found it it didn't play normal discs :roll:. Once I informed them I was going to flash it they cut out the BS. One of the associates there (looks kinda special..) asked what flashing meant and the other guy said he'd tell him later. The two actually kind of looked like how I'd imagine George and Lennie from Of Mice and Men if they worked at a Gamestop....

That's hilarious! I had a similar experience. I told the employ I plan on hooking this up to my tv and use a DS controller to play games and for whatever reason he told me I would void my PS3 warranty. I lol'd!

There are GS employees that really know their stuff and then there are guys that really should just keep their mouths shut.

If its just dirt, corners of a business card along the lines and then a gentles scrub would get it off.

[quote name='exaznkid']Here another link for 8 GB Sandisk M2 memory cards from, more than 10 available
guy is also from the US

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-8GB...136&pid=100039&prg=1011&rk=1&sd=130837506873&[/QUOTE]
lol, I already had linked it in the previous page. I bought it yesterday in the early afternoon, I should be getting it on sat according to USPS, the first pic looks like an original card, the other pics w/ the plastic have a lip that is different though. I will test it out like I said and will tell you guys what is the verdict on it's real size.

[quote name='Carlanga']lol, I already had linked it in the previous page. I bought it yesterday in the early afternoon, I should be getting it on sat according to USPS, the first pic looks like an original card, the other pics w/ the plastic have a lip that is different though. I will test it out like I said and will tell you guys what is the verdict on it's real size.[/QUOTE]

ah sry about that, for some reason i thought the one you posted was sold out

[quote name='exaznkid']Here another link for 8 GB Sandisk M2 memory cards from, more than 10 available
guy is also from the US

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-8GB-Micro-M2-MS-ULTRA-Memory-Card-Sony-PSP-GO-Multimedia-Phone-Flash-/130837506873?_trksid=p4069.m2059&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D5433702777171796136%26pid%3D100039%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D130837506873%26[/QUOTE]

As I said on the last mention of Ebay auctions for M2 memory cards, there are tons of fake M2 cards on Ebay (Chinese knockoffs), so be careful what you order. There's a great thread started by Nephilim on what to look out for and how it might affect you, in the Vita/PSP forums on CAG:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205005

It's very hard to find straight authentic Sony or Sandisk M2 cards; most are bootlegs not made by those companies, so buyer beware.

[quote name='chimpmeister']As I said on the last mention of Ebay auctions for M2 memory cards, there are tons of fake M2 cards on Ebay (Chinese knockoffs), so be careful what you order. There's a great thread started by Nephilim on what to look out for and how it might affect you, in the Vita/PSP forums on CAG:

It's very hard to find straight authentic Sony or Sandisk M2 cards; most are bootlegs not made by those companies, so buyer beware.[/QUOTE]

It also seems bit sketchy that the title advertises an 8 GB stick while the Item Condition states it is a 16.

If I hadn't had my Vita preordered and paid off for ages (paid off by selling off parts of my gaming collection and making smart trades)

I would have stuck with my PSPGo. So sweet.

Still like my Vita a lot though.

[quote name='chimpmeister']As I said on the last mention of Ebay auctions for M2 memory cards, there are tons of fake M2 cards on Ebay (Chinese knockoffs), so be careful what you order. There's a great thread started by Nephilim on what to look out for and how it might affect you, in the Vita/PSP forums on CAG:

It's very hard to find straight authentic Sony or Sandisk M2 cards; most are bootlegs not made by those companies, so buyer beware.[/QUOTE]
I saw that thread, but found it very lacking on info about M2 cards though, I did my own research, got 3 softwares to test out the real capacity of the card= H2testw, F3 & quickdisk test

[quote name='Snuggelz']It also seems bit sketchy that the title advertises an 8 GB stick while the Item Condition states it is a 16.[/QUOTE]
While I though so too, the reason I did buy it is because that square of info is actually set up by eBay and not the seller once you put some info on eBay's form, eBay fills it out and shows it in that square. Since PP always favors buyers for counterfeit items, I won't worry much until I test it out myself. To me these cards look like Sony M2 cards rebranded Sandisk prob due to over production due to the extra lip, but won't be able to confirm size until I get it.

If anybody is trying to get the dock around the Bay Area. Pittsburg toys r us has two according to their system but I picked up the only one I saw on the shelf. Was trying to get another one but the workers there were really rude so I just left. If anybody wants to try go for it. They also had a brand new psp go case for 4.90 and component cables for 9.99.

On a side note, the inventory check online is inaccurate. Go to the store and have a rep check it with the sku # on the link OP provided.

Got a quick question; can the PSP3000 connect to the TV via component cables and utilize the PS3 controller in the same capacity as the PSP GO. I'm trying to rebuy the GO but haven't had any luck finding a unit that's not scratched/scuffed to hell. The PSP3000 is only $50 more for a new unit and the memory appears to be somewhat cheaper. From my understanding, all units seem to be moddable now.

[quote name='Snuggelz']The Go doesn't take MS Pro Duos. Only M2s[/QUOTE]
LOL, I realized that about 30 seconds after I posted.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Got a quick question; can the PSP3000 connect to the TV via component cables and utilize the PS3 controller in the same capacity as the PSP GO. I'm trying to rebuy the GO but haven't had any luck finding a unit that's not scratched/scuffed to hell. The PSP3000 is only $50 more for a new unit and the memory appears to be somewhat cheaper. From my understanding, all units seem to be moddable now.[/QUOTE]
Connect to TV yes, DS3 no.

I may need to go look for another PSPGo at my local store. I know they had two others but I need to check shape of them, and they may be out now. I will head out tomorrow maybe and check. My son was playing Mario World tonight on it and was hooked, and he's just 3 and a half. The small form factor is perfect for his tiny hands. So instead of having him just using mine all the time, I should get his own.

Some games had screen tearing, but ran nice and stable. Turning on vsync would help, but it can also slow down the game so I can live with some tearing. Games look awesome on this, even decades old ones.

The little machine keeps impressing me.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Got a quick question; can the PSP3000 connect to the TV via component cables and utilize the PS3 controller in the same capacity as the PSP GO. I'm trying to rebuy the GO but haven't had any luck finding a unit that's not scratched/scuffed to hell. The PSP3000 is only $50 more for a new unit and the memory appears to be somewhat cheaper. From my understanding, all units seem to be moddable now.[/QUOTE]

nope, no DS3 w/ the 3000, if you got that much money just get an extra ~$20 and get a Vita used from Cowboom (BestBuy company), saw a thread on it here.

[quote name='Carlanga']nope, no DS3 w/ the 3000, if you got that much money just get an extra ~$20 and get a Vita used from Cowboom (BestBuy company), saw a thread on it here.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick responses. I have a vita already but would prefer a PSP/GO for it's "unique" abilities.

I just bought a PSP1000 and a memory card for cheap, but dammit...I think I'm going to cave. $60 (and there is one only about 20 miles away) is way too good a price to pass up.

I picked one up on a whim. My first sony product since the PS1 . I'm enjoying some FFIV but the charge is only lasting 2 hours. I'm assuming this isn't average. I don't know if it warrants taking back.

[quote name='TeamSwish']I picked one up on a whim. My first sony product since the PS1 . I'm enjoying some FFIV but the charge is only lasting 2 hours. I'm assuming this isn't average. I don't know if it warrants taking back.[/QUOTE]

did you do a proper first time charge, if its been in storage for some time it needs more time to charge.

[quote name='Carlanga']did you do a proper first time charge, if its been in storage for some time it needs more time to charge.[/QUOTE]

I did for a few hours. It said the charge was full when I took it off the charger. I'm going to leave it on overnight to see if there is a difference.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Is it easy to change which PSN name you log-in with the PSPGo? They made it way too overcomplicated on the Vita.[/QUOTE]

To change your ID on a single account, while still using the account? NO.
However, if you want to swtich the account that is registered on the hardware to your different account, YES. it's just easy as "delete account" and sign in on yours.

[quote name='Snuggelz']To change your ID on a single account, while still using the account? NO.
However, if you want to swtich the account that is registered on the hardware to your different account, YES. it's just easy as "delete account" and sign in on yours.[/QUOTE]

Here's cookie.
tumblr_m9uy4bfaUS1r5suzc.jpg

bread's done
Back