PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
They don't list used PSP Go's online outside of the refurb units, but I figured some people would be interested in knowing that USED PSP Go systems are now $49.99. I believe they used to be $60-70 just a week ago. I managed to find a white one, complete in box in pretty much mint shape for this price. I'm not sure if it was a new to used transfer or what, but this is pretty much the price point I've been waiting for on it.

The main advantage of the system for me is being able to use a Dualshock 3, which is great for if you output it to a tv.

EDIT* Also, for anyone interested, you can get a cheap cradle for it too for about 14 shipped of TRU right now...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3800542&prodFindSrc=search

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aaronrodgers']Thanks :)

Here's cookie.
tumblr_m9uy4bfaUS1r5suzc.jpg
[/QUOTE]

wuG7Sxl.gif

[quote name='TeamSwish']I did for a few hours. It said the charge was full when I took it off the charger. I'm going to leave it on overnight to see if there is a difference.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious to see how long mine will play at max brightness, as my first charge was only a couple hours too. But i also had it hooked to my PC (no charge mode) doing transfers and stuff so it may have drained faster than normal. I still charge it up each night, as I've only been able to play after work. This weekend I'll get a better feel for how long the charge is.

Heading back this weekend and hopefully will find one more. Will bring some games to trade in to offset the price. I just pray I can find one without distracting screen scratches. Small ones are fine if they are invisible during play or easy to hide with a screen protector. I have one that is NOT invisible during play and it's annoying.

I saw a few at my local store but the screen scratches on most of them kind of put me off. That and having just bought a new video card for my PC and already having a PSP-3000 that I hardly even play the newer games I own on, much less games that I beat a decade ago. I might go back and take a look again if the price drops any lower. Anyone know if handhelds eventually hit a price floor or if they might drop them more later?

[quote name='TeamSwish']I did for a few hours. It said the charge was full when I took it off the charger. I'm going to leave it on overnight to see if there is a difference.[/QUOTE]

When charging the charge light will turn off when it's fully charged. I usually get around 4 or more hours from mine, not sure what brightness I'm on currently. Also 3 bars takes the longest to deplete time wise so even if it's showing all 3 it could still not be fully charged.

Picked up a white go, looks like good to like new, one long scratch and some dirty grime. Also came pre-loaded with some games, anyone know how to transfer the games from the psp go? I have the black psp go and would like to transfer them to it. Any tips to get rid of some grime and dirt?

Q-tip with a little hydrogen peroxide on it, rubbed on the control nub got rid of the grime there. Then I used a few regular tissues slightly damp with rubbing alcohol all over the unit, open and closed, to get rid of any visible and invisible grime. Now I'm no longer afraid to touch my used Go.

Also I believe someone else said that when you log out of whoever's account you're in, you lose access to the games.

[quote name='JYabbz']Picked up a white go, looks like good to like new, one long scratch and some dirty grime. Also came pre-loaded with some games, anyone know how to transfer the games from the psp go? I have the black psp go and would like to transfer them to it. Any tips to get rid of some grime and dirt?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jedolley']I think someone else had a similar problem in this thread and I believe they said it turned out to be the cable...[/QUOTE]

Just go to gamestop and have them swap out the chargers. everything will work as it is supposed to.

Someone here was saying that PS1 games look great on PSP via TV out. I'm thinking about hooking up my PSP Go and using a Dual Shock 3 to play some PS1 games.

Is it really better looking overall compared to a PS3?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Someone here was saying that PS1 games look great on PSP via TV out. I'm thinking about hooking up my PSP Go and using a Dual Shock 3 to play some PS1 games.

Is it really better looking overall compared to a PS3?[/QUOTE]

I think its the same to me except i prefer it on the go so i dont have to turn my ps3 on.

[quote name='balthezor']Where can I find a PSP GO cradle for cheap? What stores would carry them? Thanks[/QUOTE]

TRU = Toys R Us for $10 but YMMV

[quote name='martin8me']Any PSPGos around the SF Bay Area?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kingwormer']Any in Houston area?[/QUOTE]

Not trying to sound like an asshole but the best way to check if there are any PSPGos in the area is to call a nearby store

if they dont have it you can just ask if there are any stores in the area that might have one and they will do a search from their system

it's probably the only sure fire way to located and reserve it since it's not on the website anymore.

[quote name='exaznkid']Not trying to sound like an asshole but the best way to check if there are any PSPGos in the area is to call a nearby store

if they dont have it you can just ask if there are any stores in the area that might have one and they will do a search from their system

it's probably the only sure fire way to located and reserve it since it's not on the website anymore.[/QUOTE]

:applause:. This. Pickup a phone and call your local Gamestops, will save you time and gas.

Sidenote:
------I called most if not all stores from Gamestop, Target, Kmart, Walmart, Toys R Us and couldn't find a single PSP Go cradle. Does anyone know if there is some sort of splitter that can work to fit both the charger and the component output?

[quote name='htz']http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/17/rumor-psp2-prototype-images-leaked/

When Sony was in development of the PS Vita, they went with the PSP Go design first but later decided against it. Pictures of the prototype in the above link.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Probably changed it after the failure of PSP Go. So there's a good chance of this coming out at some point. They need to get Android onto Vita with the PSP Go design. It's perfect for touch gaming when closed.

Got my Stereogrip in the mail today and it makes holding the PSP Go so much better. I wasn't having tremendous problems, but this just helps a lot. I was having trouble using the d-pad skillfully sometimes, which sounds silly, but now that I have a bit extra hand room I noticed just moving my characters around is easier.

The grip has built in stereo that bypasses the PSP Go speakers via the headphone jack and it does output about double the max of the standard speakers. So that's nice, but I still think the grip is overpriced. It's just a cheap plastic shell (would be nice to have rubber strips on the handles but it's just smooth plastic), but I have to say it has been night and day for me. I just love this little machine so much.

It does look a bit ridiculous since it's a black grip with a white PSP, but whatever. :)

[quote name='J7.']Wow. Probably changed it after the failure of PSP Go. So there's a good chance of this coming out at some point. They need to get Android onto Vita with the PSP Go design. It's perfect for touch gaming when closed.[/QUOTE]

lol, they did something similar to that and was considered a failure = sony xperia play
1036473_1.jpg

Also, I cleaned the pspgo nub w/ a qtip w/ hydrogen peroxide and the thing came out pearly white, now the go looks like new in less than 5secs :cool:

[quote name='Carlanga']lol, they did something similar to that and was considered a failure = sony xperia play
1036473_1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

HEY! Don't call my phone a failure! But seriously, its really too bad. The Xperia Play was full of great potential, wasted by the huge lack of support in the US vs Europe, the absurdly small internal memory, and the insane amount of space taken up by bloatware from most carriers...but that kinda sounds like every phone's problems I guess :lol:

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']HEY! Don't call my phone a failure! But seriously, its really too bad. The Xperia Play was full of great potential, wasted by the huge lack of support in the US vs Europe, the absurdly small internal memory, and the insane amount of space taken up by bloatware from most carriers...but that kinda sounds like every phone's problems I guess :lol:[/QUOTE]

Isn't there a Minecraft pocket edition for ios and android? I think playing Minecraft in a xperia would be great! IF there is such game for the xperia play, have you played it on it? Is it good? or just "ok"?

[quote name='Ashlee']Isn't there a Minecraft pocket edition for ios and android? I think playing Minecraft in a xperia would be great! IF there is such game for the xperia play, have you played it on it? Is it good? or just "ok"?[/QUOTE]

yes, there is. I have it on my Kindle Fire. It's Fun, but I've never played it on the PC so i don't really have anything to compare it to.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP! I got a used white one this evening. Only the charger, a small scratch on the screen, and the grips on the back are dark, but for the price I'm actually okay with it. I can't wait to install several of my games tonight.

Oh, and hydrogen peroxide doesn't mess the screen up?

[quote name='JYabbz']:applause:. This. Pickup a phone and call your local Gamestops, will save you time and gas.

Sidenote:
------I called most if not all stores from Gamestop, Target, Kmart, Walmart, Toys R Us and couldn't find a single PSP Go cradle. Does anyone know if there is some sort of splitter that can work to fit both the charger and the component output?[/QUOTE]

What does the psp go cradle do? does it just charge? Just wondering if its worth getting. a store near me has thrm for 10 buckd but dont know if its worth it.

[quote name='wugenius']What does the psp go cradle do? does it just charge? Just wondering if its worth getting. a store near me has thrm for 10 buckd but dont know if its worth it.[/QUOTE]

• 1. AC adaptor and USB cable (both supplied with the PSP®go system)
    2. AC adaptor (supplied with the PSP®-1000/2000/3000 series system)
    3. USB cable (supplied with the PSP®go system) - When the cradle is connected to a USB device such as a PC, the PSP®go system is recognized as a USB mass storage device. In this case, the PSP®go system can be charged while sending and receiving data to and from the PC.
  • Using an AV cable (sold separately), PSP®go system video can be output to a TV when the PSP®go system is attached to the Cradle
Mainly for the highlighted portion.

If you don't plan on having the need to plug it into your TV it probably won't be worth your while.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Thanks for the heads-up, OP! I got a used white one this evening. Only the charger, a small scratch on the screen, and the grips on the back are dark, but for the price I'm actually okay with it. I can't wait to install several of my games tonight.

Oh, and hydrogen peroxide doesn't mess the screen up?[/QUOTE]

Do not put hydrogen peroxide on the screen it will probably damage it. The hydro. peroxide is to be used to remove dirt from white parts. The nub/thumbstick on mine was yellowish at the top, I grab a qtip and I dunked one end in the hydrogen peroxide and I swabbed the nub, then grabbed the other end of the qtip to remove grime that got unstuck, then pearly white nub. :)

[quote name='Squarehard']
    3. USB cable (supplied with the PSP®go system) - When the cradle is connected to a USB device such as a PC, the PSP®go system is recognized as a USB mass storage device. In this case, the PSP®go system can be charged while sending and receiving data to and from the PC.
  • Using an AV cable (sold separately), PSP®go system video can be output to a TV when the PSP®go system is attached to the Cradle

If you don't plan on having the need to plug it into your TV it probably won't be worth your while.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I'm not really planning on using on a TV. Thanks for the info.

I ended up finding the only refurb one in the area for $10 more, not a big deal. It comes with useless headphones, cleaning cloth, and screen protector, and I had a $10 gift card to burn so I'm cool with it. It also is in much better condition then (I'd imagine) the used ones would be, with a new battery.
I mentioned I just bought a PSP 1000 (and put a 64 gb memory card in it) so this felt a little redundent, but it's a pretty slick system. The smaller buttons and weird placement of the stick is a bit annoying, but I like how extremely portable it is. Oh, and the screen is LOADS better than the 1000. Not only brighter, but way crisper. Games look considerably better.
I wish it came with more than 16 GB (as I don't want to buy another memory stick after just buying one for the 1000), but I can manage my games I guess. Time will tell if I end up abandoning it or the 1000 (or my wife wil claim one of them), but I think it's a cool device and wish the dock wasn't so expensive.

[quote name='Squarehard']

If you don't plan on having the need to plug it into your TV it probably won't be worth your while.[/QUOTE]

You need a cradle and av cables in order to output to your tv then?

[quote name='aaronrodgers']You need a cradle and av cables in order to output to your tv then?[/QUOTE]

Not really, but the cradle is nice because it can also charge your Go while it's plugged into the TV, but basically it makes everything much cleaner for use because you can just have it plugged into the cradle. More for convenience if anything.

[quote name='Squarehard']Not really, but the cradle is nice because it can also charge your Go while it's plugged into the TV, but basically it makes everything much cleaner for use because you can just have it plugged into the cradle. More for convenience if anything.[/QUOTE]

and I assume battery drain while outputting is way higher so the battery would last even less.

[quote name='martin8me']Any PSPGos around the SF Bay Area?[/QUOTE]

richmond store. dunno which one. it was just mentioned to me when i was at a gamestop asking for a inventory check. checked inventory on tuesday. was gonna go there but i ended up picking up the onein dublin and hegenberger in oakland since it was closer to home.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Carlanga']lol, they did something similar to that and was considered a failure = sony xperia play
1036473_1.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Xperia Play failing was not due to it's hardware design. PSP Go form factor combines the best feature of touchscreen phones/tablets and full featured gaming controls.

[quote name='Squarehard']Not really, but the cradle is nice because it can also charge your Go while it's plugged into the TV, but basically it makes everything much cleaner for use because you can just have it plugged into the cradle. More for convenience if anything.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Carlanga']and I assume battery drain while outputting is way higher so the battery would last even less.[/QUOTE]

Cool guys, thanks bought a Beautiful looking White PSPGo, Cradle and Component Cable for less than 60! Psyched for some Dissidia and FFTactics WOTL on the TV :D

Battery drain is way less, and that's without putting it on the cradle? Very interesting. I may want to get one soon, if I didn't want to spend the same amount on a Sega Saturn, or something that might pop up on Craigslist or etc.

This sucks, because if you want to properly use the cradle to output the video to the TV and charge while doing so, you have to buy an extra AC adapter that was used with the older PSP models.

No idea why they didn't put two usbs on the cradle, instead of one usb and the yelllow charge nub for the older ones.

Now I have to buy an old school psp adapter as well to charge while playing connected to my tv. yay.

It's pretty much necessary from the extra battery drain from outputting and using bluetooth to use a PS3 controller with it.

[quote name='blakesgameroom']this might of been answered already, but can someone send me to a good link that shows me how to put the emulators on the go?[/QUOTE]

Can't really do that without getting ourselves in trouble on the boards. But I will say a Google search will solve all your problems.

Bit the bullet and bought a like new PSP Go Cradle from Amazon through a third party seller for $22.99 shipped. Finding a Psp Go cradle locally for me is like finding a needle in a hay stack, good thing the component cables are cheap and I already have psp 3000 wall charger. Will be going on vacation and this is the best alternative to having a home console. Now have to buy more PSP games to keep me busy.

Called my local Gamestops an neither had any in stock and said only one store in MN had any. Any one willing to help a CAG out? Bad thing is I wanted to use some credit I had :(

I'm torn about keeping this. I love it, although a tad small for my hands. I might trade it for some super nintendo systems and games at the flea market this weekend.

[quote name='mrmafia33']How much do the games cost on the playstation store? I'm a 360 guy, don't have a ps3[/QUOTE]

If you're a j-rpg person this is the ideal time to pick one up.

Tons of square PSone era rpgs are half off (for the next week I believe).

4.99 for most.

[quote name='mrmafia33']How much do the games cost on the playstation store? I'm a 360 guy, don't have a ps3[/QUOTE]

You can look into the PSN thread to get an idea of what things generally cost when they go on sale, but generally that's when people buy PSN stuff. There is a weekly sale for PSN stuff that updates generally around Tuesday each week, so just kind of browse through and take a look to get a good idea. Price of course will vary, so I can't really give you an accurate estimate since I don't really know exactly what you'd be purchasing.

bread's done
Back