PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
They don't list used PSP Go's online outside of the refurb units, but I figured some people would be interested in knowing that USED PSP Go systems are now $49.99. I believe they used to be $60-70 just a week ago. I managed to find a white one, complete in box in pretty much mint shape for this price. I'm not sure if it was a new to used transfer or what, but this is pretty much the price point I've been waiting for on it.

The main advantage of the system for me is being able to use a Dualshock 3, which is great for if you output it to a tv.

EDIT* Also, for anyone interested, you can get a cheap cradle for it too for about 14 shipped of TRU right now...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3800542&prodFindSrc=search

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aaronrodgers']Please let us know your findings. I can only get it to about half the size of my HD screen, which is bigger than the portable, but I want it to be full :p[/QUOTE]

That program works over USB on a PC, and it lags on games because it's using the PSP to processing. At least that's what I think h'es talking about....doesn't work well together with most PSP games because of it...there's also noticable lag on some games.

also, FuSa doesn't work on 6.xx firmwares, and I think all Firmware for Go. the one that came out by Neuron (i think) supposedly works on 6.3x cfw but it's not by the original author + it doesn't support as much games.

Picked up the last one at my gamestop, he had left his account on there. Just for giggles I logged in (since he left the password) and all he ever "bought" for the system was demos...

[quote name='guardian_owl']Picked up the last one at my gamestop, he had left his account on there. Just for giggles I logged in (since he left the password) and all he ever "bought" for the system was demos...[/QUOTE]

Curses!

Scored a mint White PspGO in the box and it included all cables and manuals. I was also able to get a cradle for $2.99, Component cables for $1.99, and an official Sony brand PSPGo case for $1.99....

With that said, I did not get a AC adapter to charge the cradle...

Quick question, can I still output the Go with component cable to the TV without having the AC adapter to the cradle?

Do I still have to put the Go in the cradle even if it doesn't have the AC adapter?

I would appreciate any insight in this. Pretty happy to get in on this. Thanks.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Scored a mint White PspGO in the box and it included all cables and manuals. I was also able to get a cradle for $2.99, Component cables for $1.99, and an official Sony brand PSPGo case for $1.99....

With that said, I did not get a AC adapter to charge the cradle...

Quick question, can I still output the Go with component cable to the TV without having the AC adapter to the cradle?

Do I still have to put the Go in the cradle even if it doesn't have the AC adapter?

I would appreciate any insight in this. Pretty happy to get in on this. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You don't need an AC adapter for the cradle, its just there to charge the Go while you are using it in the cradle, attached to your TV via the component cables. You can also just use the Go directly with your TV (without the cradle), using the component cable, but of course it still won't charge.

Keep in mind, when projecting to your TV you'll get a smaller display with fairly large black borders around it (unless you have one of those little Sony 24" 3D gaming TVs, which have a PSP mode in them). I fiddled with my TV's display options but couldn't blow the image up to full screen, but I have an older (2009) Samsung LCD TV. Newer TVs might have more options for that.

I was able to find a pspgo cradle at a TRU even tho the store locator said there were none. If anyone is looking for one in the Sacramento area there was one cradle left at the TRU on birdcage.

[quote name='chimpmeister']You don't need an AC adapter for the cradle, its just there to charge the Go while you are using it in the cradle, attached to your TV via the component cables. You can also just use the Go directly with your TV (without the cradle), using the component cable, but of course it still won't charge.

Keep in mind, when projecting to your TV you'll get a smaller display with fairly large black borders around it (unless you have one of those little Sony 24" 3D gaming TVs, which have a PSP mode in them). I fiddled with my TV's display options but couldn't blow the image up to full screen, but I have an older (2009) Samsung LCD TV. Newer TVs might have more options for that.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. Thank you good sir for the info. I am glad I picked up the cradle, but for now, I will wait on trying to hunt down a charger for it as I am not really in the mood to spend more money on Go accessories. LOL

Now, if I can only figure out how to play those retro games of the past on my PSP Go. :) (I am ready to give up)

My store was out of used ones (that means two people bought a used one since I did, which is nice) so I picked up a recharge/refurbished today. For $10 more I got a pristine one at least! Another white however, so now i have two whites. I didn't want to ask if they had blacks, as the guy had to go out back to grab me the one he gave me.

[quote name='Kelegacy']My store was out of used ones (that means two people bought a used one since I did, which is nice) so I picked up a recharge/refurbished today. For $10 more I got a pristine one at least! Another white however, so now i have two whites. I didn't want to ask if they had blacks, as the guy had to go out back to grab me the one he gave me.[/QUOTE]

picked up 2 a white and black for my kids in really good conditions i had $82 in credit payed $26.37 if they don't like them they can use them as mp3 players

[quote name='Rollobobo']Awesome. Thank you good sir for the info. I am glad I picked up the cradle, but for now, I will wait on trying to hunt down a charger for it as I am not really in the mood to spend more money on Go accessories. LOL

Now, if I can only figure out how to play those retro games of the past on my PSP Go. :) (I am ready to give up)[/QUOTE]
I bought this a long time ago, and it works on the cradle. It's only USB, but you can use the half of the PSP Go charger that plugs into the wall and has the USB slot in it. It's $8, not sure if that's the price range you were looking for, but it's probably more reliable than the $6 third party ones you'll find on ebay or amazon.

As far as the small box within the HDTV goes, I fiddled around with the zoom function on my TV, and it doesn't fill the whole screen, but I suppose it's better than nothing. Can't believe there's no stretch option on the PSP itself.. Kind of inconvenient and annoying, but I really enjoy playing it on the TV. Might even consider selling my 360 now. I don't really game that much anymore as it is, and the Go has literally everything I could ever want. Really loving this purchase.

Went back and was disappointed that there were no PSP go accessories, hell there were hardly any normal PSP accessories. Were the PSP Go accessories sitting out somewhere or were any of them behind the counter? It appears I bought mine system late enough in the week that most of the online sources of the cheaper accessories are sold out now :(

Do targets and walmarts still carry any of the accessories for this stuff or have they long since clearanced all of it out?

A bit off topic but are there any good USB battery pack that works great? I am looking for a battery module that I can plug the USB end of the PSP go cable to charge/play it when it runs low. Thinking of taking my go on a flight next month and want enough power.

I bought two to play around with at one GameStop. They were both bagged and would not turn on in the bag so i could not overly check them out.

I got home and charged them. The screen was in bad shape on one so i returned it and got another. All 3 had the memory cards removed and were completely reset.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Went back and was disappointed that there were no PSP go accessories

Do targets and walmarts still carry any of the accessories for this stuff or have they long since clearanced all of it out?[/QUOTE]

I happened to be driving by a Toys R Us yesterday and by luck was able to grab the last two Go travel cases and Go Docks. Cases were on clearance for 5 dollars Docks were 10

I called a few Game Stops and stopped by a few while i was out. only one had a rolling shelf of PSP UMD games left the others all had nothing.

I also found these online
eBay SanDisk 8GB M2 Thanks to another CAG
and
eBay Go Component Cable

Bought a black one a few days ago. That store had 2. I chose the less dingy one. Visited a couple other stores that have had them, but nothing tempting enough for me to pick up. Came across a white one yesterday, but the grips were brown, and it was pretty dirty. $50 isn't bad, and makes me wanna pick up another, but I don't think I can load my PSN on multiple systems anyway. None that I have come across have had memory cards. They all only have the cables and system.

Two of the three Gamestops by me seemed to have stopped carrying PSP UMD games. I bet they'll be gone from all stores in a few months at this rate.

[quote name='Gosha']Two of the three Gamestops by me seemed to have stopped carrying PSP UMD games. I bet they'll be gone from all stores in a few months at this rate.[/QUOTE]

Yupp and the store locator isn't the most accurate. Its time to load up on those PSP games fellas before they are hard to come by.

[quote name='IceTeaCrisis']I happened to be driving by a Toys R Us yesterday and by luck was able to grab the last two Go travel cases and Go Docks. Cases were on clearance for 5 dollars Docks were 10

I called a few Game Stops and stopped by a few while i was out. only one had a rolling shelf of PSP UMD games left the others all had nothing.

I also found these online
eBay SanDisk 8GB M2 Thanks to another CAG
and
eBay Go Component Cable[/QUOTE]
No toysr'us in my area unfortunately, thanks for the link to the component cable, might buy the extra storage too but I imagine 16 gigs will be enough since I can keep a copy of my games on my PS3 and just transfer it over as needed.

I was able to find the earlier linked PSP go travel case for $1.96 at my local Hastings, but that seems to be about the extent of the PSP accessories in my town.

Picked up component the other day now I just need the cradle. Anyone know where to get a cradle? By chance I called my local TRU and they had one and are going to match the website price of $9.99

[quote name='Gosha']Two of the three Gamestops by me seemed to have stopped carrying PSP UMD games. I bet they'll be gone from all stores in a few months at this rate.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I visited three and called one they all had the Go hardware but only one had a shelf of PSP games.

[quote name='guardian_owl']No toysr'us in my area unfortunately, thanks for the link to the component cable, might buy the extra storage too but I imagine 16 gigs will be enough since I can keep a copy of my games on my PS3 and just transfer it over as needed.

I was able to find the earlier linked PSP go travel case for $1.96 at my local Hastings, but that seems to be about the extent of the PSP accessories in my town.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. after taking time to read this entire thread i noticed the post someone made about them possiably being fake, but i guess we will see what happens.

The travel case i got a Toys R us actuly seems really nice, but it really does a hell of a job holding it in there to the point that i have to take it out to push the screen up unless i want to leave it in the case and put a little force in the push, but i dont know that that is the best idea.

EDIT: for anyone looking the seller i linked to only has one set of cables left. $6.49 free shipping Cheaper then the Amazon listing posted in this thread ealier so if anyone needs them act fast.

If you're thinking about getting the Cradle and the Traveler Case, be wary, since the cradle is designed to fit a bare PSP Go. A few modifications to the cradle may be needed.

I just got my component cables for the go from an ebay listing. Anyone having trouble with the clarity using these cables? I know the screen doesn't fill out on an HDTV but there is like a green and purple shadow (for a lack of a better term). I'm gonna try it out on a different tv to see if the green and purple shadows till appear.

Edit:
I just tried it on another TV and the green and purple shadows don't appear. I guess its something to do with my tv in my room.

I tried it on my original tv in my room and it seems to be working perfectly fine. I'm guessing one of the wires was loose or something.

[quote name='IceTeaCrisis']You're welcome. after taking time to read this entire thread i noticed the post someone made about them possiably being fake, but i guess we will see what happens. [/QUOTE]

I put the warning out because there really are a lot of fake memory cards (of all types) on EBay. But I looked at that seller's listing and I do think those are legit Sandisk M2 cards. Good price at 8.88 each shipped! 16gb cards are still too expensive and harder to come by.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I put the warning out because there really are a lot of fake memory cards (of all types) on EBay. But I looked at that seller's listing and I do think those are legit Sandisk M2 cards. Good price at 8.88 each shipped! 16gb cards are still too expensive and harder to come by.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate it. I would of hate to of gotten burned on a knock off card.

I just got mine in the mail today from the above link and so far they look legit.
MagicGate IS supported.
User Capacity is 7617MB

I have not done any kind of fill the card up testing but these seem good so far.

eBay user is ziggymemory with a 99.9 positive rating. So if anyone is on the fence so far so good for me.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']If you're thinking about getting the Cradle and the Traveler Case, be wary, since the cradle is designed to fit a bare PSP Go. A few modifications to the cradle may be needed.[/QUOTE]

I got the case to so it would have some kind of protection while i am transporting it around. I had to take it out to put my M2 card in and i would more then likely take it out to put it on the Base, but thanks for the heads up

[quote name='maxnoop']Debating between the traveler's case vs the gamestop starter kit. Anyone have an opinion?[/QUOTE]

Starter kit due to the fact it comes with polishing cloth and screen protector. Plus I heard the traveler case is a tight fit.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']This sucks, because if you want to properly use the cradle to output the video to the TV and charge while doing so, you have to buy an extra AC adapter that was used with the older PSP models.

No idea why they didn't put two usbs on the cradle, instead of one usb and the yelllow charge nub for the older ones.

Now I have to buy an old school psp adapter as well to charge while playing connected to my tv. yay.

It's pretty much necessary from the extra battery drain from outputting and using bluetooth to use a PS3 controller with it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the design of the dock boggles the mind. They already have a PSPGo component cable that connects to the tv. But noooo the PSPGo dock has to use a completely different cable that only works with the dock. The PSPGo has a charge cable that also uses the same connector. Does the PSPGo dock come with two PSPGo connector slots or a component video cable that also has a usb power connector on it... No of course not you have to buy some antiquated cable from the previous gen PSP. Half the crap for PSPGo dock, you already have in some way shape or form but when you buy the dock, you have rebuy all new shit to have the same fuctionality.

Grabbed one I found at a local gamestop tonight. Kind of having 2nd thoughts on it though. Guess I give it a couple days then decide if I am taking it back or not. Came with USB cable, power coord, and brick, also what looks to be a stand but not exactly sure how that works as it just seems like the psp sits there but wouldn't do much of anything else as it doesn't connect to anything on the actual stand.

Edit: While I'm decide if anyone is interested in one and can't find it. I'd sell you mine for Cost + shipping. (if you are interested PM me and I'll let you know when I decide in a day or so, or if you are in the Akron, Ohio area can do local deal.)

[quote name='JYabbz']Starter kit due to the fact it comes with polishing cloth and screen protector. Plus I heard the traveler case is a tight fit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I'll keep it in mind.

Decided I wanted to connect the psp go to my tv after all. Picked up a cradle at toys r us for 10 bucks and the component cables from the ebay seller. Now I need a power cable from an older psp? What kind of backward thinking was this?
|
Hoping to get a dual shock 3 also because I heard you can hook one up to the psp go.

[quote name='maxnoop']Debating between the traveler's case vs the gamestop starter kit. Anyone have an opinion?[/QUOTE]

I bought the starter kit when I got my PSP Go, the screen protector is surprisingly a good one, the cloth is crappy and the earphones are meh. The case itself is great and if you are putting the go in a bag or a big pocket then it has good protection. The traveler case has the L & R buttons exposed so they might get damaged if you just throw your PSP in a bag w/it. I did read on the web someone that put his PSPGO w a traveler case inside the case, he said it was a tight fit though.

What can I expect to pay for a good legit 16GB card? I've seen anything from $30 to $75. Not sure if the low end ones are fake or what the deal is with that. I might settle with 8GB, but I think the extra memory would definitely come in handy.

I really wish it took MS Pro Duo sticks like the other PSP systems. That's really the only reason I'm hanging on to my PSP 1000. 32x32 w/ a micro SD adapter is a real nice thing to have. Realistically I'm not going to use 64GB of games/movies/music at once but it's just nice to always have whatever I'm in the mood for and not have to worry about space and transferring files, especially when I'm on the road.

I've been looking at this thread for a long time and finally decided to bite. I got a black one with only a very small scratch on the corner of the screen, and they had two others in similar condition. Found a cradle at the Wal Mart next door for $5 on clearance. Only problem is, agh, I didn't get a USB cable with it. I guess I'll have to go back tomorrow and see if they'll give one to me...

[quote name='zyxomma100']I've been looking at this thread for a long time and finally decided to bite. I got a black one with only a very small scratch on the corner of the screen, and they had two others in similar condition. Found a cradle at the Wal Mart next door for $5 on clearance. Only problem is, agh, I didn't get a USB cable with it. I guess I'll have to go back tomorrow and see if they'll give one to me...[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/Charge-Data-C...UTF8&qid=1360656213&sr=8-2&keywords=pspgo+usb

Thanks for the link, but I came back to say I'm stupid and didn't realize that the power cable is actually a USB adapter, and it comes apart to reveal the plug.

[quote name='Naramie']I have a friend that might be interested. What color is it and what's the condition like?[/QUOTE]

Other then finger prints cant find anything wrong with it. It is also the black one. Had a couple pm`s wont be looking for trades. Just want to recoup what i paid and help someone that can find one.

Edit: Yup decided not to keep it.
I responded to the first person who PM'd me about it. Will give them 24hrs to respond if they don't I'll move to the next (3 people PM'd me) till we complete a deal.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Got a cradle from Gamestop for $3. I might have to do something about those prongs if I were to use the Go with a case.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know if they can do a search for the cradle in store?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Anyone know if they can do a search for the cradle in store?[/QUOTE]

They can; they have to search for PSP Go Cradle. One store in my area had one but apparently sent it to another store(for one of you I'm sure) before I could get it(I asked and they would not ship one for me from another store). I had to bite the bullet and pay the $10 at my TRU.

[quote name='r00kie']They can; they have to search for PSP Go Cradle. One store in my area had one but apparently sent it to another store(for one of you I'm sure) before I could get it(I asked and they would not ship one for me from another store). I had to bite the bullet and pay the $10 at my TRU.[/QUOTE]

GameStop supply is getting less and less. I know they are a lot cheaper if you do find them at GameStop, but they are also on clearance at TRU so they are going to get snatched up there.

They go for around 25 on line. So if anyone is at a TRU sees one and wants it. 10 dollars is still a great price over what one will cost you online used.

Seriously...grabbed the last one in southern California and I get it to home to discover it can't connect to my wifi! What the hell?!

Called about 10 GameStops around me, only 2 carried one each. And those 2 looked as if the previous owners smeared their Go down the street and such.

$50 is a great price, but I can't handle a handheld with so many deep scratches. =/

As a current owner of a CFW-ed PSP 2000 (and all that implies), what makes the GO so special? I'm not really interested in PSN games, either.

I mean, $50 is cheap but is it worth it for someone like me?

[quote name='Killerlampshade']As a current owner of a CFW-ed PSP 2000 (and all that implies), what makes the GO so special? I'm not really interested in PSN games, either.

I mean, $50 is cheap but is it worth it for someone like me?[/QUOTE]

Short answer: no.

[quote name='Killerlampshade']As a current owner of a CFW-ed PSP 2000 (and all that implies), what makes the GO so special? I'm not really interested in PSN games, either.

I mean, $50 is cheap but is it worth it for someone like me?[/QUOTE]

Only reason to get a GO at this point is CFW and hook it up to a TV and that option is only worth it if you already have a PS3 and controller (you need the PS3 to link the controller to the Go). Thats what I basically did.

On another note, is Dissidia 012 supposed to have/see scan lines hooked up to there TV? I have 32 inch 1080p. Anyway to improve the graphic output or adjust settings?

[quote name='nixmahn']Only reason to get a GO at this point is CFW and hook it up to a TV and that option is only worth it if you already have a PS3 and controller (you need the PS3 to link the controller to the Go). Thats what I basically did.

On another note, is Dissidia 012 supposed to have/see scan lines hooked up to there TV? I have 32 inch 1080p. Anyway to improve the graphic output or adjust settings?[/QUOTE]

If you got the A/V cables instead of the component cables then everything will have scan lines and be of poor quality. If you got the component cables it should be outputting in 480p (I believe) and no, you shouldn't have scanlines.

[quote name='Mit']If you got the A/V cables instead of the component cables then everything will have scan lines and be of poor quality. If you got the component cables it should be outputting in 480p (I believe) and no, you shouldn't have scanlines.[/QUOTE]

Crap, I got the component, gotta figure out whats wrong.

I must have gotten a defective dock, because if i plug my PSP directly into my TV via the component cables, it looks great. However if I go through the dock, it has an extra layer of fuzziness on top and looks like crap. Oh well.

bread's done
Back