PSP go (white) $169 at Dell.com

[quote name='maxgle']Sorry for the dumb question, but can I download PS1 game from PSN store to play on the PSP Go?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. Or any PSP for that matter.

[quote name='mindsale']I've heard rumblings of a Go relaunch where Sony actually supports it this time.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't matter if they support it or not, a system in which you are forced to always pay MSRP for a game is a no go for me, and should be for any CAG.

[quote name='ackbar7']It doesn't matter if they support it or not, a system in which you are forced to always pay MSRP for a game is a no go for me, and should be for any CAG.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you. Who pays MSRP around here? lol

PSP games have sales, just like any other content on PSN. Not a bad price. I bought a used GO in January for $150 at GS, and play it almost every day.

Awesome for video playing and audio because of it's portability and design IMO. Paying MSRP and not being able to play UMD only games like Kingdom Hearts BBS hurts it really bad though.

$150 is the sweet spot for the GO. It's not a bad system, but it's not for everybody. While I see some praise the design, the whole flip phone is not meant for very long play sessions. I don't have the largest of hands, but needless to say that if you do, just don't bother. You'll get cramps, and curse yourself for spending the money.

Great portable for playing video, and actually mp3 player for its portability. As a gaming machine, I think it's inferior to its other brothers because of design, and the lack of UMD.

I would not buy a psp till E3 is over. I can see them not bringing a new console but instead drop the price of the go to 150 and making an effort with the psp.

I picked up one PSP Go. If Sony announces a new PSP in E3 it's ok because I have a 3000 and a Go now and plenty of downloadable games in my PSN account. With Peace Walker and Mod Nation Racers, to come all I needed was 16gb in my PSP, since PSN store got decent last year I'm not playing too many UMD games and I'm staying away from UMD deals of games I will never have time to play. I can't wait to get my hands on my new PSP Go.

I picked one up but I'm keeping my PSP-2000 for my large UMD collection. I already have around 10 PSN-Exclusive download only games to transfer to it. The $250 price point was the main reason why I never bought one before.

if you can, go to the Sony Style store and handle the PSP GO if you haven't already...it feels really light...too light for my tastes. It doesn't feel like $249.99 let alone $99.99. I'd be afraid it would break too easily from regular handling. PSP 3000 imo is a much better investment.

[quote name='Dillon627']Anyone know when this expires?[/QUOTE]
It expires today, 5/11. Better pick one up quick.

[quote name='therealdeal19']no physical media = no go

It is a nice looking device though, oh well.[/QUOTE]
I see PSPgo as more of a secondary device. I still plan to buy any game that is on UMD for my PSP-2000 but PSPgo is nice to have for download only games when you don't want to carry any discs around.

Can anyone recommend some PSP Minis to check out?

^^^
Age of Zombies is good.

[quote name='therealdeal19']no physical media = no go

It is a nice looking device though, oh well.[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone want a bunch of physical media to carry around with their portable device? :/

[quote name='tyrok3k']It expires today, 5/11. Better pick one up quick.

I see PSPgo as more of a secondary device. I still plan to buy any game that is on UMD for my PSP-2000 but PSPgo is nice to have for download only games when you don't want to carry any discs around.

Can anyone recommend some PSP Minis to check out?[/QUOTE]

Fieldrunners is quite a nice tower defense game, especially for the price

I second Fieldrunners. And also see the PSP Go as more a secondary device. It's great to stick in a pocket and, well, go -- but when I'm just in the house, the regular PSP is far superior (more comfortable, bigger screen, UMDs). Video looks great on the Go, though -- better than the iPhone. Personally, I hope Sony does relaunch it, at a better price point for the hardware and more/cheaper offerings on PSN, because it's a really slick device that has been very poorly marketed.

[quote name='Ravingraven']^^^
Age of Zombies is good.

Why would anyone want a bunch of physical media to carry around with their portable device? :/[/QUOTE]The PSP 1000/ 2000/ 3000s are not very "portable". :booty:

Great deal but as was already said, I would wait for E3 for a new handheld announcement personally.

My order got delayed a week, just like the PS3 Slim I got on sale from them awhile back. At least they don't kill the sale when stock runs out lime some websites.

Edit: Wow. I got a shipment notification email right after posting this. Dell must really likes to screw with people by disappointing them with a delay and then shipping it the next day.

[quote name='tyrok3k']It expires today, 5/11. Better pick one up quick.

Echoes, Vempire, Freekscape, and Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess.

IGN has a great "PSP Minis Review Round-up" section.

[quote name='tyrok3k']

I second Age of Zombies. It is hilarious, fun and has a high score style survival mode making the game have replay value.

[quote name='Ravingraven']^^^
Age of Zombies is good.

Why would anyone want a bunch of physical media to carry around with their portable device? :/[/QUOTE]

Because I don't want my property that I own relegated to and controlled by some server across the country. ;)

It's also nice to be able to re-sell your games for the many obvious reasons such as:

1. you don't like it
2. you don't need it
3. you need the money

Of course, I'm used to buying games and owning them in physical form since the 80s. :)

Kotaku just reported that developers are saying the the PSP2 will be announced at E3......Sony is going to have to prove a lot to me to get me to give them more money...

My buddy just got his PSP Go from this sale (he's a first-time PSP owner) and I must say, it's a damn shame that SONY never gave current PSP owners a way to get our UMD's into digital format, 'cause the Go is a damned sexy device. I'd love to buy one, but I don't feel like owning 2 versions of the PSP simply because SONY is to ignorant to come up with a UMD exchange program.

$150 then we'll talk.

Also, I'm waiting for price drops on that BS proprietary memory card. I don't see why they could've just stuck with the Pro Duo's for the Go.

16gig built-in memory is not nearly enough for me since I'd like to keep my music, some videos, and all my games on it, which in that case I'm probably looking at almost 100gigs.

My PSPgo came in today and its a pretty nice system but first time users are in for a terrible first time out of the box experience. The only thing you can do when you turn it on is play a demo of Patapon 2. Obviously being a download only system means you need to go online in order to get games. To get online you need to get a system update which would be fine but you can't actually update the system until the battery is mostly charged and system comes uncharged.

Anyway, I bought Echoes, Age of Zombies, Tetris and Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess to start with in addition to the 9 non-minis I already had. I just wish you could sort games into folders like you can do on the PS3. I also downloaded all 18 free comic books to check out later.

this is the price the Go should have launched at. it'd still be a pretty bad deal though, considering Sony doesn't require devs to release new PSP games on PSN. there are a lot of new games out since the launch of he Go that just aren't available for Go owners. also, PSP2 is going to be announced at E3 so you might want to hold off. just sayin'.

bread's done
Back