PSP Headset for Skype $19.99 Preorder at Amazon - Anyone use Skype yet?

I actually called my friend via skype because he's allowed to use it at work. Pretty smooth actually, no noise (though thats more so due to what headset both ends use), overall pretty damn awesome considering it's free.

My friend tried it with me and it sounded pretty bad actually. Nothing compared to the microphone he used moments before. I mean, it wasn't horrible; I could hear everything he was saying, I just don't think it would even come close to replacing a cell phone or Skype on the computer.

[quote name='decon']I was planning on bringing it over to Iraq to keep in touch with my family.[/quote]

So long as you have free wireless access relatively close by, you should be fine. Plus you get to play games ;)

[quote name='SynGamer']So long as you have free wireless access relatively close by, you should be fine. Plus you get to play games ;)[/quote]

I was thinking of bringing my own wireless router and hooking it up to the LAN.

I have treid it a few times. People on the other end said things sounded fine. Certainly a very cool option for the PSP. I am hoping that a later firmware will let you keep it running somehow while doing other things on the unit. Would be cool to be able to listen to music while staying online in skype.

bread's done
Back