PSP in the TRU ad for 3/20

jetsetmario

CAGiversary!
In store 3/24 for $249.99

TRU did not accept any preorders for the PSP and as such it will be available on a first come first serve basis. Having said that I should note that my stores allotment will be 30 PSP's. TRU ranks there stores A-E based on sales volume. My store is a D. This means that most TRU's will receive more PSP's than this based on their sales volume. Anyways, the whole point of this is that if you want a PSP, TRU would be a safe bet as most people overlook it when it comes to system launches.

Can't imagine why people would overlook a toy store for the launch of a new toy. All three of my current generation consoles came from TRU. Mostly because of the TRU credit I had as a Visa card bonus.

This info is intriguing, and 100% very unsuspicious...too bad I already have mine paid for otherwise I would probably just stop at TRU and get one.

I have gotten all of my consoles at TRU. We always get good quantities in on consoles and games but we just aren't marketed in a fashion that makes us a cool place to shop at for 20 somethings. In that sense I guess that just means that there are a lot of suckers out there that fall for marketing and corporate posturing.

[quote name='jetsetmario']I have gotten all of my consoles at TRU. We always get good quantities in on consoles and games but we just aren't marketed in a fashion that makes us a cool place to shop at for 20 somethings. In that sense I guess that just means that there are a lot of suckers out there that fall for marketing and corporate posturing.[/quote]

Dude, I'm 23, and I love TRU. I'll always be a TRU kid. In fact, I plan on buying my Nintendo Revolution from TRU. ;)

[quote name='Maverick CRV'][quote name='jetsetmario']I have gotten all of my consoles at TRU. We always get good quantities in on consoles and games but we just aren't marketed in a fashion that makes us a cool place to shop at for 20 somethings. In that sense I guess that just means that there are a lot of suckers out there that fall for marketing and corporate posturing.[/quote]

Dude, I'm 23, and I love TRU. I'll always be a TRU kid. In fact, I plan on buying my Nintendo Revolution from TRU. ;)[/quote]

Preach it!

I always get my systems from TRU. I got my PS2 on launch day from my TRU. I didn't even have a preorder(they took preorders for the system), the manager sold me one cause I was wearing a Yankee hat. Talk about cool. I'd pick up my psp there as well, if it wasn't for the fact that I own one already. :lol:

I am not trying to bash TRU, but there everyday prices for games just does not compete. Bestbuy, Circuit City, Target, etc. usually have them beat 95% of the time. Yes, you do get the random green sticker deal sometimes, but I am more often than not disappointed with TRU. However, I am often disappointed with BestBuy... but that is usually because of service and stock... not price. I guess price is the most important aspect of game shopping for me.

I'm fair-weathered when it comes to launch purchases...

As much as I can remember...
NES - TRU
Gameboy - TRU
Nomad - TRU
Game Gear - Electronics Boutique
Super NES - Kay-Bee Toys
GB Color - Electronics Boutique
Sega Genesis - BJ's Wholesale
Sega Saturn - Software ETC.
PSX - Electronics Boutique
N64 - TRU
Dreamcast (2) - imported, then a U.S. model from Best Buy
GBA (2) - EBGames.com, EBGames.com
PS2 - CompUSA
PSone - Best Buy
Gamecube (3) - EBGames.com, EBGames.com, and Tower Records
Xbox - Best Buy
GBA SP (2) - EBGames.com, EBGames.com
HALO Xbox - EBGames.com
DS - EBGames.com
PStwo - TRU
and soon-to-be-my PSP - EBGames (B&M)

Yes, TRU is great when it comes to getting that hard-to-find new release that's selling like hotcakes. You'll find that your teens and tweens do not like to go to TRU because it is not kewl enuff for them anymore. Best Buy is where they flock, only to find that Madden is indeed sold out.

I just ramble over to TRU and pick up the last copy of Rez, no big deal. :)

[quote name='Luckychunk']I'm fair-weathered when it comes to launch purchases...

NES - TRU
Gameboy - TRU
Nomad - TRU
Super NES - Kay-Bee Toys
N64 - TRU
PS2 - CompUSA
PSone - Best Buy
Xbox - Best Buy
HALO Xbox - EBGames.com
DS - EBGames.com
PStwo - TRU

Yes, TRU is great when it comes to getting that hard-to-find new release that's selling like hotcakes. You'll find that your teens and tweens do not like to go to TRU because it is not kewl enuff for them anymore. Best Buy is where they flock, only to find that Madden is indeed sold out.

I just ramble over to TRU and pick up the last copy of Rez, no big deal. :)[/quote]

That's a great postinig. I love the idea of a where have you bought your system thread. You should start it up in one of the vg system discussions. If you don't, I will.

TRU will be getting around 30,000 PSPs for the first day. The shipment yesterday was an initial shipment, but stores will get 1 more shipment before launch(I think arriving Friday). The minimum a store will get is 30 with the average being 157. Here are the ship dates of games and the quantity arriving so you can plan on when to get the games and see which ones might be harder to get. Also, there is no street date on the games so stores can sell them immediately, although I'd expect that most will hold them to have some for the launch.

Games and the ship date plus quantity:
Spiderman 2
3/15 20,000

Tony Hawk Underground 2
3/15 30,000

Untold Legends
3/23 4,800

Darkstalkers
3/17 3,600

Need for Speed
3/15 10,000 + 20,000

NFL Street 2
3/21 6,000 + 2,000

Tiger Woods
3/23 4,000

Mercury
3/24 8,000

Dynasty Warriors
3/16 4,800

Metal Gear
3/21 8,000

Ridge Racer
3/22 7,200

Gretzky
3/15 4,700

NBA
3/15 6,400

Twisted Metal
3/15 17,000

Ape Escape
3/17 9,400

Wipeout
3/18 14,100

World Tour Soccer
3/24 4,700

Lumines
3/22 6,000

ATV
no date yet(rumored first week of april) 17,000

I work at a TRU Las Vegas. Maryland / Flamingo store.

We have 60 waiting in the back as well as Tony Hawk, Spiderman, NFS Underground, Soccer, and Baseball on hold as of right now.

[quote name='lurknomore'][quote name='Luckychunk']I'm fair-weathered when it comes to launch purchases...

NES - TRU
Gameboy - TRU
Nomad - TRU
Super NES - Kay-Bee Toys
N64 - TRU
PS2 - CompUSA
PSone - Best Buy
Xbox - Best Buy
HALO Xbox - EBGames.com
DS - EBGames.com
PStwo - TRU

I just ramble over to TRU and pick up the last copy of Rez, no big deal. :)[/quote]

That's a great postinig. I love the idea of a where have you bought your system thread. You should start it up in one of the vg system discussions. If you don't, I will.[/quote]

Knock youself out...you have my blessing. :)

[quote name='dserafin1986']that is a great idea, damn dawg...you've got a good memory, but umm where's the TurboGrafx???[/quote]

My TurboGrafix-16 was an X-Mas present, and I have no idea where the P's bought it. Same with the TurboXPress, Sega Master System, ColecoVision, Intellivision, ADAM Computer, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari Lynx...

I forgot some as well, but I'm really just guessing here:
Sega-CD (both motor drive and flip-top) - Kay-Bee Toys
Sega 32X - TRU
Atari Jaguar - Electronics Boutique
Nintendo Virtual Boy - Electronics Boutique

...and by the way, except for the ADAM Computer, I still own every system. :)

[quote name='emceelokey']I work at a TRU Las Vegas. Maryland / Flamingo store.

We have 60 waiting in the back as well as Tony Hawk, Spiderman, NFS Underground, Soccer, and Baseball on hold as of right now.[/quote]

Uhm...why are they on hold? They are already released.

Some stores are holding them till release day. I know some gamestops in our area are doing it, and BB hasnt put anything out yet

capt

The PSP, to me, at first, is going to be a lot like a hooker. You'll be drunk (temptation), she (it) will look good, you go home with it, but after you wake up the next morning bored of the third Sony launch that had Ridge Racer and Wipeout titles, you'll regret it.

I'm waiting.. last thing I need is a Sony hangover :)

Zon,
A lot of TRUs are holding everything back for the PSP. Theres actually a store contest starting launch day to see which stores can sell the most add ons(games, accessories, etc) on launch day. The Rzone world leader makes off with the best prize(a PSP), but apparently the associates may get shirts or something.

my store (staten island ny) has 200 pieces of PSPs...as i know personally as i counted them this morning for system inventory counts

[quote name='dragonfireflys']I may be the only person who feels this way but...I'm not buying it the games cost too much...no portable game should be 50 bucks.[/quote]

Well, I don't spend $50 on any game...

[quote name='dragonfireflys']I may be the only person who feels this way but...I'm not buying it the games cost too much...no portable game should be 50 bucks.[/quote]

Yeah, the system/games cost way too much right now. I'm passing as I don't play handheld games anyways....

[quote name='javeryh']Damn I want to hold off but I can't stand the hype!![/quote]

Public Enemy:
Caught you lookin' for the same thing
It's a new thing check out this I bring
Uh Oh the roll below the level
'Cause I'm livin' low next to the bass C'mon
Turn up the radio
They claim that I'm a criminal
By now I wonder how
Some people never know
The enemy could be their friend guardian
I'm not a hooligan
I rock the party and
Clear all the madness, I'm not a racist
Preach to teach to all
'Cause some they never had this
Number one, not born to run
About the gun...
I wasn't licensed to have one
The minute they see me, fear me
I'm the epitome - a public enemy
Used, abused without clues
I refused to blow a fuse
They even had it on the news
Don't believe the hype...

Yes
Was the start of my last jam
So here it is again, another def jam
But since I gave you all a little something
That we knew you lacked
They still consider me a new jack
All the critics you can hang'em
I'll hold the rope
But they hope to the pope
And pray it ain't dope
The follower of Farrakhan
Don't tell me that you understand
Until you hear the man
The book of the new school rap game
Writers treat me like Coltrane, insane
Yes to them, but to me I'm a different kind
We're brothers of the same mind, unblind
Caught in the middle and
Not surrenderin'
I don't rhyme for the sake of of riddlin'
Some claim that I'm a smuggler
Some say I never heard of 'ya
A rap burgler, false media
We don't need it do we?
It's fake that's what it be to 'ya, dig me?
Don't believe the hype...

:)

For Topical use only :twisted:

^^ 'It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back'

Best rap record EVAR! Period.

And to keep the 'where did you buy' stuff going...

2600 - Woolco
Colecovision - Christmas present
NES - ToysRUs
Genesis - local game shop
Lynx - local game shop
PSX - ToysRUs
Game Gear - local game shop
Dreamcast - EB
PS2 - EB
Gamecube - Best Buy
GBA - Birthday present
DS - Christmas present

[quote name='polaricecaves']so does anyone know of any psp games that are $50??

i thought they are $30 and $40[/quote]

Dynasty Warrirors, Tony Hawk, and Spiderman 2 are $50.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='polaricecaves']so does anyone know of any psp games that are $50??

i thought they are $30 and $40[/quote]

Dynasty Warrirors, Tony Hawk, and Spiderman 2 are $50.[/quote]

sorry i am an idiot

[quote name='tubtub']Zon,
A lot of TRUs are holding everything back for the PSP. Theres actually a store contest starting launch day to see which stores can sell the most add ons(games, accessories, etc) on launch day. The Rzone world leader makes off with the best prize(a PSP), but apparently the associates may get shirts or something.[/quote]

Well that blows for us anyways, since there is no R-Zone World Leader here anymore.

And I looked through all of the emails and whatnot and I haven't found anything about a contest, so maybe it's your area only?

edit: Oh that's another thing the DM was in here last week and told us to put everything out (except the systems ofcourse). So we have our section set-up now with all the PSP intec junk. The games are in the display case as well.

We got the Intec sutff set up in out store as well, just no games. As for the contest, I saw some stuff about it mixed in with the count sheets and whatnot, but nobody has mentioned anything to us associates yet.

Just a little more info from the PSP launch at TRU. Well to start the day off we had zero people waiting in line to purchase one. In fact our first purchase did not occur until a good half hour after we were open. So here it is close to the end of business and how many have we sold??? Two. Yes, two. The sad thing is that this is the case for all TRU's in our region. The greatest number sold up until this point has been 8. In addition reports I have heard from the local Best Buy are very similar. They only had a handful of people waiting for one even though there allotment of systems was 220. I guess this will teach companies to quit launching systems out of season. So far the worst system launch I have been a part of.

ok small deal first then rambling about postings--only first line is useful rest is opinions

at TRU stores...buy 2 games get an intec pro pack for 10 bucks...buy 3 games and get pro pack free.....nothing great in propack but u need to buy a screen armour and poss a car charger....rest of stuff comes with psp but y not have extra...happy hunting

hahah....so right about being a TRU kid...heard song other day on radio and had to stop for a sec to turn it up and i am an old man (27)...as for TRU being overlooked i had preordered but shopped around before i picked up because everything from walmart to bbuy to sams to.....is in same center....no real deals at any of them and at 10am everyone was sold out and people who preordered late at eb have to wait.....as for a toy store being overlooked TRU is hurting...so much that company is selling off TRU to focus on other brands...(think kids r us) even chgng flagship in nyc union sq to a babies r us.....discounters have been killing profit margins and places like tru are getting rocked--ok sorry for the rambling and telling you stuff noone cares about...like i said old man....

oh and as for no mobile game being worth 50....the games will come down...and if u r young and getting dragged around to sis's soccer games or old and sitting on a plane on a biz trip on a 5 hr delay...this thing has been sent from heaven.....couldnt be happier with it.....and these are first gen games!!!!!!...get one...hardware prices wont go down for about 2 3 yrs so no real reason to wait.....just my opinion...good luck have a good holiday and thx for the deals

bread's done
Back