PSP memory stick

Quackzilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Will any Sony memory stick work or will I need a PSP memory stick?

The one that comes with the value pack has a PSP logo on it, that's why I am asking.

I doubt they've made a "special" memory stick for it. it's a generic sony memory product so unless there's a limit that the PSP will recognize any should work.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Will any Sony memory stick work or will I need a PSP memory stick?

The one that comes with the value pack has a PSP logo on it, that's why I am asking.[/quote]

They'll probably use a general Sony memory stick but slap a PSP logo on it and charge and extra $10.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='Quackzilla']Will any Sony memory stick work or will I need a PSP memory stick?

The one that comes with the value pack has a PSP logo on it, that's why I am asking.[/quote]

They'll probably use a general Sony memory stick but slap a PSP logo on it and charge and extra $10.[/quote]

:lol: Yep that sounds a lot like Sony, being sony they might change the fitting so only the special memory stick works.

nah that would just take away from the profits of selling memory sticks and polorize the consumer base. it's makes it easier to have one shape that can go between all their devices, tvs, vaios, camcorders, etc.

I've seen pics of the memory stick, it's half the size of the standard sony memory stick and it says psp on it. As for if regular ones will work as well, I'll bet ithey don't/./

Same Memory Stick for the Cybershot T1 as well. You just need an adapter to fit into the regular Memory Stick slot. Typical Sony. You'll have to buy another accessory.

media_img_duo.gif

Duo is a line of memory cards.

I feel stupid for not thinking of that earlier.

And if 32 or 128 MB is too small for you:

sd-msp-mspd.gif

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Same Memory Stick for the Cybershot T1 as well. You just need an adapter to fit into the regular Memory Stick slot. Typical Sony. You'll have to buy another accessory.[/quote]

Duh.

Sony is already losing a lot of money making the thing "only" $200, they will need all the money they can get.

[quote name='David85']
Duh.

Sony is already losing a lot of money making the thing "only" $200, they will need all the money they can get.[/quote]

Dude, I know you like Nintendo but stop trolling.

Many people like Sony and PlayStation, just because they are competing with Nintendo doesn't mean they are evil.

Your egocentric views are really starting to piss me off.

Wait a second Secure Digital cards arnt Memory sticks! But man I had no idea, I thought Memsticks only came in regular 16-32mb and 2 gb cards.

I don't like Nintendo either, what they have been doing is rather dumb too.

I'm stating a fact, they need to charge for other things because they are loosing $100 on each system, it is a smart move through in order to try to take Nintendo down.

I hate Sony because they make their products badly and still sell them to people, then they have to go back in a year and buy another one.

They are doing the same thing with the PSP launch, screwing the early people over with a bad battery pack that they will "fix later".

I think Sony is setting a good precedent here. Memory cards have become very common items, thanks to the rise of digital cameras, PDAs, MP3 players, etc., so the continued use of proprietary designs is becoming increasingly intolerable. Nintendo almost a difference with their SD card adapter for the GameCube but they've chosen to almost completely ignore its existence, even though the availability of cheap local storage could help encourage third party developers to do more of the stuff that is currently found on the Xbox almost exclusively.

Sony has a lot of secondary applications for the PSP that depend on inexpensive high capacity Memory Sticks, like playing DVR files. Also, many game categories like MMORPG require a lot of local storage to work well. The PSP could enjoy an advantage over the PS2 in that its option for high capacity local storage is there from day one rather than introduced three years after launch like the PS@ HDD Kit.

If those secondary PSP apps do well it will generate a lot more revenue in volume sales of Memory Sticks than is offered from overpriced platform exclusive memory.

the thing is sony is bundiling a pair of headphones and a memory card for $250. This would almost be necessary for me if i used this machine for what sony wants me to do. Add on the $50 for the almost required extra battery and you are spending $300 already. I havnt even broke the ice on what the price of the psp games are gonna cost.

The ds is a much better option with plenty of battery and no need for a memory card, not to mention a future game library that is solid imo. I might pick up the psp in the future when games i want come out, but for now the ds is the system for me.

Any headphones will work, the PSP headphones are just fancy music controller headphones like you would use with a walkman or ipod.

And memory card DUO will work, they all use Magicgate, for a minimum price of about $20.

bread's done
Back