PSP not the ADULT handheld in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Quackzilla']Yes, the DS sold 800,000 more than PSP in Japan.

Now shoo, go away troll.[/QUOTE]
No, you shoo, threadcrapper.

The article wasn't just another one about sales figures. It was about a poll that (through an, admittedly, small sampling size) showed that Japanese people over over age of 20 were more likely to already own or will buy a DS over a PSP. In the large sense, even in the small sampling size, it seems the handheld market doesn't seem like it is or will be saturated by either of these two handhelds for quite some time.

[quote name='shipwreck']jkam, do you ever post positive articles about the PSP?[/QUOTE]
I think it's just a response to all of the anti-DS pro-PSP propaganda that was being spread leading up to and during the PSP launch. I couldn't count how many people laughingly wrote "Haha! The DS doesn't have any games! You must feel so silly for buying a DS when all you have is a 10 year old N64 game! The PSP is going to have killer games!" DS owners had to deal with this idiocy for a couple months, and now that the PSP is falling on hard times, it's time to gloat back.

You should've kept your mouth shut a few months ago if you didn't want a cold dish of reality now.

[quote name='shipwreck']jkam, do you ever post positive articles about the PSP?[/QUOTE]

What's the problem with being realistic? The PSP doesn't have that great of software, there is no good software on the horizon, there is nothing innovative about it, it is an overpriced handheld and it isn't selling as well as the DS in any region.

There is nothing wrong with reading a report and posting it.

[quote name='MorPhiend']There is nothing wrong with reading a report and posting it.[/QUOTE]
Posting it twice is spam, though, so it there IS something wrong with it.

[quote name='MorPhiend']What's the problem with being realistic? The PSP doesn't have that great of software, there is no good software on the horizon, there is nothing innovative about it, it is an overpriced handheld and it isn't selling as well as the DS in any region.

There is nothing wrong with reading a report and posting it.[/QUOTE]

Nothing is wrong with being realistic, but jkam's constant negativity about the PSP is getting tiresome on this board. This is the kind of juvenile stuff that I expect at GameFAQs. I don't particularly think the DS is that great of a system, but I don't post negative articles about it on the DS board. Many people think that the PSP has perfectly good software and that there are good titles coming out for it. Poll 1000 American gamers over the age of 20 and you're going to get completely different results than this Japanese poll. So why not post this positive news on the DS board, instead of posting it here on the PSP board to get a rise out of people?

Oh, and please don't think I'm siding with PSP fanboys on this either. I'm sure their posts on the DS board are just as bad.

Well, here's fair and balanced (haw haw) for ya:

DS Rakubiki Jiten RULES. It's the cheapest Japanese/English Dictionary out there, and it allows for the user to write characters (although only in kana and English - no kanji).

On the other hand, I never beat The Castlevania Adventure until I just did on my PSP. It's too hard to play without cheats; for the save state feature, I love my PSP (and I hate playing emus on my PC, FWIW; I want the handheld experience that PSP provides).

myke.

I own both systems. I'm not a fanboy of either camp. I'm a consumer whose dollars flow in whatever direction I feel gets me the most return. The DS and PSP have unique functions that set them apart. I carry both with me at all times. I do have to say that I have been disappointed by the obvious lack of good software for the PSP. I have all the games considered decent on this system, and find myself playing HSG more than any other. My DS on the other hand is played more often, only due the fact that my friend owns one and we play multiplayer wireless games whenever she's around. If you're a gamer that can't afford both systems, then choose the one you feel fits your needs better. Find the one you are more "connected" to. But certainly don't bash another gamer if their choice isn't the same. Leave the profitability and earning potential arguments to the people who actually have a financial incentive to do so. Turn the damn systems on and play them, that's what they were made for, not to spurn stupid arguments on internet forums.

It's really funny because I own both handhelds. I like both for different reasons. I like to PSP bash because people don't seem to have a problem bashing Nintendo for just about everything they do....so I figure why not Sony? Why should they get only good press? It's true I'd like to see Sony knocked down a peg but merely for them to up the ante on their hardware and so they don't get stale in the software area either. It's all in good fun. I even like reading Quackzilla's posts.

Umm, how many DS bashing topics are there in the DS forum?

You are flooding the PSP forum with PSP bashing.

Console bashing is not cool, you are like the only person here doing it.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Umm, how many DS bashing topics are there in the DS forum?

You are flooding the PSP forum with PSP bashing.

Console bashing is not cool, you are like the only person here doing it.[/QUOTE]

I only posted an article...I didn't write a long winded speech about how Japan knows everything and the PSP is doomed for failure....so I'm not sure I see your point.

[quote name='jkam']I only posted an article...I didn't write a long winded speech about how Japan knows everything and the PSP is doomed for failure....so I'm not sure I see your point.[/QUOTE]

Hey, simply because you went to the GameFAQs school of "I'm not really trolling", doesn't mean that you aren't. It's blatantly obvious what your purpose in posting this is based upon your posting record here.

[quote name='shipwreck']Hey, simply because you went to the GameFAQs school of "I'm not really trolling", doesn't mean that you aren't. It's blatantly obvious what your purpose in posting this is based upon your posting record here.[/QUOTE]

Did you even read the post I made 2 or 3 up from that one? It was this:

It's really funny because I own both handhelds. I like both for different reasons. I like to PSP bash because people don't seem to have a problem bashing Nintendo for just about everything they do....so I figure why not Sony? Why should they get only good press? It's true I'd like to see Sony knocked down a peg but merely for them to up the ante on their hardware and so they don't get stale in the software area either. It's all in good fun. I even like reading Quackzilla's posts.

and also:

Everyone needs to relax a bit. This post was not actually posted to bash anything. I actually found it interesting because the U.S. shows a much different scenario. Reading the title I can understand it being taken like a flame but it honestly wasn't.

Anyway I'll chill with posting if everyone is that upset.

[quote name='jkam']It's really funny because I own both handhelds. I like both for different reasons. I like to PSP bash because people don't seem to have a problem bashing Nintendo for just about everything they do....so I figure why not Sony? Why should they get only good press? It's true I'd like to see Sony knocked down a peg but merely for them to up the ante on their hardware and so they don't get stale in the software area either. It's all in good fun. I even like reading Quackzilla's posts.[/QUOTE]

I only own a PS2, because I got rid of the xbox cause Halo2 took over my life. But I'll be the first to say that the PS2 is a piece of shit. The online is a joke, the graphics laughable, and I really dont see why it took the dreamcast out of commission. I feel like I bought a completly different system than the one showcased at E3.

I really dont think that saying that you're not a Nintendo fanboy because you have a PSP is bullshit. Really, stop lying to yourself... cause you're not fooling any of us.

It's ok though, I love the Xbox... I just dont constantly post it's greatness.

Also, we live in america...not japan....so Japan can suck me. Japan is the size of florida and I wipe my ass with those figures.

Let stop with these posts, none of us are in the industry... at least not in the sale dept. of the industry, so lets stop with these, no one cares.

Yes, the DS is a more adult console than PSP.
nursebreast.jpg

[quote name='Mookyjooky']
Let stop with these posts, none of us are in the industry... at least not in the sale dept. of the industry, so lets stop with these, no one cares.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me.

[quote name='jkam']Sounds good to me.[/QUOTE]

You sound really reasonable, so sorry for being crabby. I'm not pro either system, just "pro-everyone else stop bitching".

[quote name='jkam']I like to PSP bash because people don't seem to have a problem bashing Nintendo for just about everything they do....[/QUOTE]

This is the reason why no one took your thread seriously. You have established yourself as a thread crapper, flamer, troll, or whatever other silly name you want to use. Debating the shortcomings of various consoles is healthy for gamers but turns ugly very quickly if people can't respect other people's opinions. Your thread started out ok but your reputation ruined what could have been a good thing.

[quote name='jkam']It's all in good fun.[/QUOTE]

Clearly, it's not all in good fun. Therefore, locked.

Oh, and jkam isn't the only reason behind this lock. You fishies that took the flamebait are no better. The phrase "Don't feed the Trolls" comes to mind. :shame:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back