PSP on Southpark!

Alpha2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
LOL
the episode is devoated to Kenny trying to save heaven with his mad portable gaming skillz! Also combined with the Terry Shiavo right to die story. Man do they make these episodes fast!

Genius. Marketing. Sony hits their demographic right smack in the middle with this show. Wow. Bravo...

[quote name='CheapyD']100% dead on as usual.
You can say goodbye to those last remaining PSPs on the store shelves.[/QUOTE]

That ep was not that great.. The PSP concept was funny though.

i was slightly dissappointed with the episode.... i was almost 100% sure satans army was gonna be using the Nintendo DS, but they never did..

[quote name='Cracka']... they make them every week..[/QUOTE]

Most shows, particularly animated shows, take months to produce just one episode before it airs. South Park manages to do it within a matter of weeks. It really is damn impressive.

[quote name='Ledhed']Most shows, particularly animated shows, take months to produce just one episode before it airs. South Park manages to do it within a matter of weeks. It really is damn impressive.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they use Maya, I believe, and are able to make a quick turnaround from idea to finished episode rather quickly. The Saddam/Canada episode was finished the Wednesday after it happened, that's probably 2-4 days, :shock: though they probably worked on some of it beforehand and added that part in at the end. It's amazing really.

[quote name='CheapyD']100% dead on as usual.
You can say goodbye to those last remaining PSPs on the store shelves.[/QUOTE]

I know it made me want one for the first time. Not enough to pay for it though, I am a CAG afterall. :D

[quote name='Ledhed']Most shows, particularly animated shows, take months to produce just one episode before it airs. South Park manages to do it within a matter of weeks. It really is damn impressive.[/QUOTE]

Well, when you consider the quality of the animation ... :lol:

[quote name='Cracka']i was slightly dissappointed with the episode.... i was almost 100% sure satans army was gonna be using the Nintendo DS, but they never did..[/QUOTE]
I assumed the battery was going to die right before Heaven was about to win.

"Alright!, level 4"

I thought this was one of the better episodes in a rather weak season.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I know it made me want one for the first time. Not enough to pay for it though, I am a CAG afterall. :D

Well, when you consider the quality of the animation ... :lol:[/QUOTE]

its basically CG.. while i don't think the turnaround is as fast as you people say (2-4 days) I heard it was more like 1-2 months to complete an episode of south park (thats with recording voices, animation, post production, writing)

[quote name='mkg12']ya dude, i believe it takes around 9 months to make one simpsons episode[/QUOTE]

thats because he still does it by hand from what i think i heard.

They make southpark by computer now, which makes it alot quicker, but I agree that its pretty amazing they do that in a week.

I'm sure it's less than a month, they often get episodes out a week or so after a big event happens. Heck the show could practically be done in Flash in a week with better animation quality. When you have 2 gus doing 80% of the voices it wouldnt take more than a couple of days to put together.

[quote name='Alpha2']I'm sure it's less than a month, they often get episodes out a week or so after a big event happens. Heck the show could practically be done in Flash in a week with better animation quality. When you have 2 gus doing 80% of the voices it wouldnt take more than a couple of days to put together.[/QUOTE]

You're right, it's a week per episode.

I read an article not too long ago about Team America, and Trey and Matt were talking about how long it takes to make a South Park episiode. They literally start working on an episode as soon as then last one is broadcast and usually finish up on Wednesday afternoon before it is aired. They pretty much work non-stop all week to pump out those episodes. That's why the topics on their shows are always current events.

[quote name='mkg12']ya dude, i believe it takes around 9 months to make one simpsons episode
[quote name='Cracka']thats because he still does it by hand from what i think i heard.

They make southpark by computer now, which makes it alot quicker, but I agree that its pretty amazing they do that in a week.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Simpsons has been outsourced to a Korean studio as long as I can remember; just the storyboards are done in the U.S. Watch the credits. I doubt Matt Groening lifts a pencil except to cash his fat checks -- not that I blame hiim.

As I recall from an interview they di a few years ago, they have a staggered schedule. There are always a few episodes in progress that are independent of current events. This lets them kill themselves for a few days for an especially timely episode and be able to take some decompression time off with much of the work for the following episode already completed.

This happens with some TV shows where a lot of location shots or SFX is required. The SFX for a fe earlier or later episodes might be toned down to free up money for the big blowout, and an episode that keeps everything on the standing sets in the studio following heavy location shooting.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Simpsons has been outsourced to a Korean studio as long as I can remember; just the storyboards are done in the U.S. Watch the credits. I doubt Matt Groening lifts a pencil except to cash his fat checks -- not that I blame hiim.[/QUOTE]

He still does designs for new characters. Not a lot of heavy lifting but there is some schedule pressure since the guys in Korea (Kill me!) can't do any work before they know what the character is supposed to look and behave.

You really don't want to take chances with such stuff. Craig Miller's favorite story about writing for the Ghostbusters animated series was an episode that contained a Star Trek satire with an entire ghost starship and a doctor who of course says, "We're Dead, Jim." The script he wrote had a character based on the original Trek' Janice Rand and indicated she should have a basket-weave hairdo, referring to the elaborate braided and stack style she displayed on the show. The final animation had a woman who appeared to have an actual basket on her head, like Carmen Miranda after the fruit had been harvested.

bread's done
Back