PSP Slim/2000 Accessories?

SynGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
I've googled the title and haven't been able to find cases for the new PSP Slim/2000. I want a supportive hard case to protect it when on the go...any leads?

I'm having the same problem. I have found no accessories or anything for it and it's really disappointing. hopefully by christmas someone will have some kind of hardcase or something out for it.

if the psp is slimmer and slightly smaller, wouldnt it fit in any standard psp hard
case?

i too havent seen anything specifically made for psp slim yet...

[quote name='djfalcon']if the psp is slimmer and slightly smaller, wouldnt it fit in any standard psp hard
case?

i too havent seen anything specifically made for psp slim yet...[/quote]

Yes, but the point is for it to be a tight fit. I don't want it sliding around inside the case.

I know Hori makes a hard case, which I believe someone on CAG got for their slim.

I picked up Hori's inner pouch portable. It only holds the PSP and has a pocket for one UMD. It fits pretty nicely, with a little bit of wiggle room (enough to remove the system).

It seems that both are currently backordered at play-asia though.

I bought a GameStop branded PSP case that fits the PSP Slim quite well actually. It's a hard case, which i wanted, and can hold some UMDs, memory sticks, etc. $9.99 - 10% so not too bad. It actually feels quite solid so a nice purchase :)

[quote name='SynGamer']I bought a GameStop branded PSP case that fits the PSP Slim quite well actually. It's a hard case, which i wanted, and can hold some UMDs, memory sticks, etc. $9.99 - 10% so not too bad. It actually feels quite solid so a nice purchase :)[/quote]

Can you post a pic of it or link to the model you got? I've also been looking for a good case. Right now I have a Hori screen protector on my system and I keep it in the PSP soft pouch from my PSP phat.

Most stores I go to have the PSP Phat accessories in the same place that they sell the PSP slim. Last time I was at Target I thought about asking the electoronics person whether the cases they had would work with the slim just to see the blank stares I would get...

[quote name='halofreak64']Is anyone haveing trouble finding the av cord for the slim psp cause nowhere in my town sells it, I havent saw any cases either.[/quote]

I've seen the Component, Composite, and headsets for the slim all over the place.

[quote name='Chitown021']Can you post a pic of it or link to the model you got? I've also been looking for a good case. Right now I have a Hori screen protector on my system and I keep it in the PSP soft pouch from my PSP phat.

Most stores I go to have the PSP Phat accessories in the same place that they sell the PSP slim. Last time I was at Target I thought about asking the electoronics person whether the cases they had would work with the slim just to see the blank stares I would get...[/quote]

Pictures below, please excuse the flower print blanket below (girlfriends choice, not mine -- we live together -- and the blurriness...meh, damn camera.)

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7650/sany0075qr1.jpg
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1238/sany0078bq3.jpg
http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/1812/sany0079hr3.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1431/sany0080di3.jpg

The only problem i have with it is that the middle flap is obviously for 2 UMD discs but it's sewn in below the hinge so it's a bit hard to access the PSP if you store it underneath. As you can see in the pictures, i put the UMDs below (on the bottom) and put the PSP in the middle which i prefer. Very good fit overall.

[quote name='Apossum']I'm pretty close to ordering this, but it looks like it goes over the d-pad. That could be a big annoyance. Anyone own one of these who can give some impressions?[/quote]

I posted pictures of the application on my Slim PSP in a thread further down the page titled "Screen Protector for PSP Slim". The skin does not go over the d-pad though. Their diagram is erroneous.

I bought a 9.99 PSP case recently from GS and it had a "Compatible with PSP Slim" sticker on it.

It looks almost exactly like SynGamer's but its made by Score so the outside of the case looks different.

this is what I lug my slim in around in my backpack while I'm at campus. it's a decent little case I bought when I had my original psp, but the slim fits pretty nice and snug in it so it doesn't move around hardly at all. It's a metal case that also holds 2 umd's under the, or a few ds games. got it at GS for $10.

I've got one of the Hori hard cases coming in from Play-Asia, until that comes in I'm using a cheap hard case for the original PSP. I found that adding extra foam sheeting in the top of the case holds my Slim in without scratching it up.

imgp1591.jpg

Playgear pocket knock-off which was made to fit the slim.

imgp1592.jpg

Hard case that fits over the PSP and allows me to play and switch UMDs without having to open it.

I got these on my recent trip tp Shanghai, but I think you can find them on ebay as well.

I remember rumors of a TV Tuner for the PSP a few years back has there been any updates on that?

I'm hoping Target will eventually clearance the slim Component and Composite cables like they did with the Sony brand PS3 cables.

[quote name='nectarsis1']more importantly..where are the battery covers made to accomadte the older, bigger batteries???[/quote]

EXACTLY! I've got an old PHAT battery I want to use but won't until I have a cover for it.

[quote name='SynGamer']Yes, but the point is for it to be a tight fit. I don't want it sliding around inside the case.[/quote]

I just got the Logitech PlayGear Pocket today to use for my new Darth Vader white psp slim, and it fits pretty good. The Darth Vader silkscreen is covered up, but I can't see it when I'm playing a game anyway. It certainly won't slide around because the black foam fills in the space, better than I thought it would actually.

If there was a PlayGear case made just for the slim, I would have bought that. But the original case works just fine for now. I paid $14.99 w/ free 2 day shipping, but it actually came in just 1 day from Amazon using the free Prime trial offer. So for $15, shipped to my door the next day with three free blank skins included, I'm not complaining.

bread's done
Back