PSP Slim freezing on certain games

LancerEvoX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I had my PSP freeze up a few times. It'd like freeze during gameplay, then the screen would turn black, the psp shuts off, and the speakers "pop". So far I had it happen a few times with SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 2, but it happens way too often on Armored Core Formula Front. Anyone else with the same problems?

I heard some games do this with UMD cache turned on (try turning this off for those games and run them again). This will also occur after playing some games with it on and running the browser right after you quit the game. I guess either you gotta wait until the cache clears or restart your system.

[quote name='AndrewCP']I heard some games do this with UMD cache turned on (try turning this off for those games and run them again). This will also occur after playing some games with it on and running the browser right after you quit the game. I guess either you gotta wait until the cache clears or restart your system.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too witht he web browser. And my UMD cache is off. Strange.

I haven't run into any problems yet but my cheap-ass copies of Socom 2 and Armored Core are both still sealed. I've mostly played MGS : PO, Final Fantasy and the second Capcom Classics games on my new PSP.

hm, this may be why x-men legends ii didn't work after i updated my firmware. it froze up on the initial credits screen. i should try it again sometime - though it may also be because i just updated to 3.72...

[quote name='LancerEvoX']I had my PSP freeze up a few times. It'd like freeze during gameplay, then the screen would turn black, the psp shuts off, and the speakers "pop". [/quote]

The exact same thing has been happening with my newly purchased Slim. It's happened twice so far, inside the span of a couple hours.

Both times I was just messing around on the XMB. First it froze and shut down when I tried to launch the web browser, then it later did the same when I was listening to music and looking at my saved game files.

the problems I had with heavy loading games like monster hunter freedom and x-men legends 2 aren't having any problems on the slim. so far, I haven't encountered any problems with loading/freezing on my slim at all.

I've actually had Exit lock up on me when loading on my phat. It was when the game was first loading... just sat there and did nothing for 5 minutes before I shut it off (not sleep) and restarted. Second time loading it went fine.

Maybe look at the UMD and make sure it doesn't have any dirt or scratches on it.

bread's done
Back