PSP Store Purchase of game but have no PS3

GaryZero

CAGiversary!
Hi,

I was wondering, can you purchase PS One games for your PSP at the PSP Store without having a PS3 to load it on the PSP?

I know you can buy the PSP games but it seems unclear if the PS One games require you to have a PS3.

Thanks,
Gary

[quote name='GaryZero']Hi,

I was wondering, can you purchase PS One games for your PSP at the PSP Store without having a PS3 to load it on the PSP?

I know you can buy the PSP games but it seems unclear if the PS One games require you to have a PS3.

Thanks,
Gary[/QUOTE]You do not need a PS3 to buy PS1 games. Just buy them on the PS Store for the PC. Them saying PS3/PSP only means they can be played on both PS3 and PSP.

Thanks Mana, much appreciated.

Gary

[quote name='The Mana Knight']You do not need a PS3 to buy PS1 games. Just buy them on the PS Store for the PC. Them saying PS3/PSP only means they can be played on both PS3 and PSP.[/quote]

I just bought my PSP GOW bundle, and I am fixing to need a new game(s). How is it possible to play PS1 games on the PSP? Am I reading this wrong? Can someone direct me on this please?

JJ

[quote name='jjhearn']I just bought my PSP GOW bundle, and I am fixing to need a new game(s). How is it possible to play PS1 games on the PSP? Am I reading this wrong? Can someone direct me on this please?

JJ[/QUOTE]I believe a firmware made it possible, I dunno. Just go to the PS Store for the PC, pay for it, and download. It will work.

[quote name='jjhearn']I just bought my PSP GOW bundle, and I am fixing to need a new game(s). How is it possible to play PS1 games on the PSP? Am I reading this wrong? Can someone direct me on this please?

JJ[/quote]

Theres two legal ways, one is buying a PS1 games on the PC store, if you have a PS3, you can play any PS1 game through remote play.

JJ[/quote]

Just downloaded some PS1 games onto my PSP from the PC Store last Sunday.

Sean and TMK are spot on. You have to install a piece of software that allows you to move the games onto your PSP. You have to have your PSP connected to the PC via a USB cable and then "Authorise" the PSP on your PSN account. I think you can authorise up to 5 devices.

It was quite simple to do, and I guess you could play the games on a PS3 if you had one, at no extra charge.

The PC store for PSP still blows ass IMO-only in the US though. UK and Japan stores have much better games.

bread's done
Back