"PSP, The Best" titles coming soon

DJSteel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
according to IGN.com, Greatest Hits PSP style are coming soon to the US

more-best-psp-games-20051104100111256.jpg

They won't be yellow like that probably. The greatest hits have always been different here than from Japan. Too bad we didn't still have that bet going on the CAG bookie.

I think its kind of funny that some of the titles that are going greatest hit in Japan, still haven't even been released in North America.

[quote name='javeryh']Damn that's some ugly shit. Oh well, if it's $20 or less for a new PSP game then what do I care....[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother. Hoping for a $20 Ridge Racer in the new future.

Uh...ign doesn't list anything about the budget lineup coming to the US.

"While the Giga Pack is coming to America, SCE has yet to announce a stateside budget lineup."

Given the price drops at Target on these games, I would be banking that this would be coming across the ocean, real soon. This might even move a couple more PSPs to a more respectable number a la the DS.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Yeah, but the old one filled up with DS fanboys.[/QUOTE]

excellent point!! it was very fucked. My worst CAG thread ever....

How you could support $ony's P$P is beyond me.

The games all suck, and are far and few.

I have recently abandoned all faith in Nintendo, as I fell into the casual niche myself,... not wanting to really play anything but WoW and Halo these days. Although I still watch the DS turn out hit after hit.

How anyone could buy a UMD for that horrid piece of crap baffles the mind. $20 for a LAME movie,.... that is half the rez of..... well,.... you've all heard this before.

So you all wait for some budget games to hit,.... cause that should be the last of them. The P$P is destined for the glovebox. Only to be played when on very long car rides, and the radio goes out, and your girlfriend dies, and you go blind, and your brain falls out,...... then you can watch one of $ony's hit releases,.... like Anaconda or XXX. Movies that are too cool for just DVD.

Man I'm such a loser for owning a P$P,... just not as big a loser as you fools who keep buying the games. OH,... what,..... games??? That's right, UMDs.
Losers!

[quote name='drone8888']How you could support $ony's P$P is beyond me.

I have recently abandoned all faith in Nintendo, as I fell into the casual niche myself,... not wanting to really play anything but WoW and Halo these days. Although I still watch the DS turn out hit after hit.

How anyone could buy a UMD for that horrid piece of crap baffles the mind. $20 for a LAME movie,.... that is half the rez of..... well,.... you've all heard this before.

So you all wait for some budget games to hit,.... cause that should be the last of them. The P$P is destined for the glovebox. Only to be played when on very long car rides, and the radio goes out, and your girlfriend dies, and you go blind, and your brain falls out,...... then you can watch one of $ony's hit releases,.... like Anaconda or XXX. Movies that are too cool for just DVD.

Man I'm such a loser for owning a P$P,... just not as big a loser as you fools who keep buying the games. OH,... what,..... games??? That's right, UMDs.
Losers![/QUOTE]

What? I'm having more fun with my PSP than I've had with any other system in a long time... Are you sure you know how to turn it on?

[quote name='DJSteel']according to IGN.com, Greatest Hits PSP style are coming soon to the US

more-best-psp-games-20051104100111256.jpg
[/QUOTE]

if that horse racing game, the white cat and the tree on the front game all came over here for 20 bucks i would run out today and buy a psp

Losers![/QUOTE]

Ahh, i see what you did there. You put a $ sign instead of the S, perhaps implying that the system is expensive. Well played.

[/QUOTE]

LOLORZ! U use a $ instead of an S in the name of the system! U R 2 cool, d00der!1!1

Aaanyway, I think the PSP has a pretty good line-up of games although I think there's too much emphasis on unleashing a lot of UMD movies on the market.

Yeah, I was the fool preordering at 3 places, just to make sure I got one of these badboys.
Still,.... there are a handful of games that have come out, and while a lot of them were decent, nothing made anyone rush out to buy a unit.

What is moving units these days is the emulation.

I know about 30 people, seriously, 30, who have bought a unit solely for the purpose of playing old games on it.
I'm like wtf?? Why on god's green earth would you do that?? It's not like they're saving money by getting a PSP to play these games. They are "free" on your PC, and other venues.

The UMD's also play an important role. Almost every gangsta I know who has one has the same setup. Sports titles, a racing game, and some lame ass UMDs. They sit around and play the UMDs to impress their boyzz.
The crackas play the emulators. Generics' play NES games, while hardcores flaunt their TG16 CD-ROM games,.... heck, even old heads are buying them to make ultimate Commodore 64 machines.

It's sad.

The games aren't important, it's the bling effect of the unit.
I hope you are all maimed in horrific ways by large beaver-like dragons, with curly teeth,... while smoking.
:)

Yeah,... shut up..... oh.... :p

It's alright,... the gaming age is at it's end.
You'll see some crazy shit next February.
That's '07.

You'll see.
Game over,.... man.

You're all still losers.
fucking CAG trash.

[quote name='drone8888']Yeah,... shut up..... oh.... :p

That's '07.

You'll see.
Game over,.... man.

You're all still losers.
fucking CAG trash.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh another happy troll.

[quote name='drone8888']Almost every gangsta I know ... blah, blah, blah...[/QUOTE]

Holy crap that might be the funniest thing I've ever read here. Gangsta? Hahahahahaha.... is this 1992 or something? yo yo check out my PSP it's off the hizzy fo' sho'... some cracka-ass cracka was frontin' so I bust out my glok and said gimme dat blingin' PSP you crazy mofo cause I need to go represent on A FREAKING INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD, you nerd.... hahahahahaha....

Why is it that people who have a PSP can not talk about cheap games with out fanboys coming outta the wordwork? I have all current gen consoles, gcn, xbox, ps2,psp,ds so does that give me the right to flame everywhere? Grow up if you do not like the PSP stop bitching about here find somewhere else fuckers

[quote name='drone8888']Yeah,... shut up..... oh.... :p

That's '07.

You'll see.
Game over,.... man.

You're all still losers.
fucking CAG trash.[/QUOTE]

CAG trash? Is that like white trash?

Anyways. I can see how the DS owners can be jealous. Most of the DS games dropped to $6-$12 within the first 6 months. So they claim our games are overexpensive.

Also, most DS fans probably think they are getting the short end of a stick, looking at some of this month's releases, i can say they probably have that to complain about.

DS: Big Mutha Truckers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Seaworld: Shamu's Big Adventure, Kim Possible, Shrek Superslam, Pokemon, Spongebob Squarepants.

PSP: Lord of the Rings, Socom, Infected, Kingdom of Paradise, Sonic, Legend of Heroes, Tomb Raider, King Kong, Tales of Eternia

Well, if its any consolation, they gotta stop delaying Animal Crossing sometime, lol.

[quote name='Bezerker']
Also, most DS fans probably think they are getting the short end of a stick, looking at some of this month's releases, i can say they probably have that to complain about.

DS: Big Mutha Truckers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Seaworld: Shamu's Big Adventure, Kim Possible, Shrek Superslam, Pokemon, Spongebob Squarepants.

PSP: Lord of the Rings, Socom, Infected, Kingdom of Paradise, Sonic, Legend of Heroes, Tomb Raider, King Kong, Tales of Eternia

Well, if its any consolation, they gotta stop delaying Animal Crossing sometime, lol.[/QUOTE]

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've heard on CAG, for a number of reasons.

I am secretly hoping this was a sarcastic post and I just missed the sarcasm.

[quote name='javeryh']Holy crap that might be the funniest thing I've ever read here. Gangsta? Hahahahahaha.... is this 1992 or something? yo yo check out my PSP it's off the hizzy fo' sho'... some cracka-ass cracka was frontin' so I bust out my glok and said gimme dat blingin' PSP you crazy mofo cause I need to go represent on A FREAKING INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD, you nerd.... hahahahahaha....[/QUOTE]

own't. hahahaha

[quote name='Bezerker']CAG trash? Is that like white trash?

Anyways. I can see how the DS owners can be jealous. Most of the DS games dropped to $6-$12 within the first 6 months. So they claim our games are overexpensive.

Well, if its any consolation, they gotta stop delaying Animal Crossing sometime, lol.[/QUOTE]
Wow, that is the most biased thing I've read this week.
You neglected to mention Mario Kart DS, Snowboard Kids, Sonic Rush, Need for Speed, Tony Hawk, Viewtiful Joe, Mario and Luigi, DBZ Supersonic are all coming out this month for DS. :)cough: DS has King Kong too)
Also you neglected on the PSP side, World Championshop Poker, Pinball Hall of Fame, and I'd like to see your sources on Sonic, and Tales since I see neither on the EBGames site for this months releases. Also you BSed some titles for DS, but I'll let those slide.
Also if you look at the past couple of months PSP has been ho-hum, while DS was on fire with games.
I own both systems and am looking forward to games for both. I will be picking up an equal number of games this month for both. Namely Legend of Heroes and LotR for PSP and Mario Kart and Mario and Luigi for DS. This month should be a good month for both systems. Yay!

[quote name='AngellicLulu'] I'd like to see your sources on Sonic, and Tales since I see neither on the EBGames site for this months releases. Also you BSed some titles for DS, but I'll let those slide.[/QUOTE]

I didnt 'bs' any of the titles. And of course EB games wont have anything on Tales of Eternia, its a europe only release this week. I got all the titles from gamefaqs.com.

[quote name='Bezerker']I didnt 'bs' any of the titles. And of course EB games wont have anything on Tales of Eternia, its a europe only release this week. I got all the titles from gamefaqs.com.[/QUOTE]
If we want to discuss other regions releases I'm sure I can make the lists alot longer. You seemed to be focused on US releases and then through in other region releases to benefit your point.
I do not find gamefaqs to be a very realistic source for release dates. (and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.)
I love how you didn't address the main issue which was skewing the facts to make the DS look bad and the PSP look good.
Guess what? The DS has more games out and coming out :shock: Some of them are kiddie games, whoopdeedo, someone needs to cater to the younger generation. The PSP has less coming out and most are some pretty big titles. It doesn't make it better, because the DS has just as many games coming out that are just as strong. But maybe not in your little fanboy world.
If you weren't such a fanboy maybe you could appreciate what both systems bring, instead of skewing facts to make your "chosen system" look good.
And if you think I'm in anyway dissing the PSP, I'm not. I'm telling YOU to start looking at the facts (hint: you can't find them at gamefaqs) and broaden your scope of view. To be happy for one system is fine, but to bring down another system is foolish, which I noticed alot in this thread, but yours stood out as incomplete data.

And to make an on-topic point about the thread, it's sad that some of the games are already greatest hits in Japan and aren't even here. Stupid delays on Popolocrois :cry:

I think the PSP needs GH versions of movies. The packaging could look like shit and suddenly that sealed copy of Guess Who would be worth an astonishing 7 dollars, instead of 4, even though you paid 30 for it.

[quote name='Bezerker']Im a fanboy because i know the PSP is a better system? Look at the specs, anyone who can read knows it.[/QUOTE]

Man, I sure know when I get game systems, I just put them on a shelf and marvel at their specs! I add up the capabilities ENDLESSLY.

For fun AND profit!

Well, im not really a fanboy, i enjoy all systems, its just that the PSP has more features, and more mature games. Now given, i do play Yoshi Touch N Go and Yu-Gi-Oh for the DS, it just seems that the DS is more "E for everyone" focused.

Its not the PSP's fault for having a "greatest hits selection" of games when most the original DS games have dropped in value to $6-$10 not of free will by the developers.

[quote name='Bezerker']Im a fanboy because i know the PSP is a better system? Look at the specs, anyone who can read knows it.[/QUOTE]
You're a fanboy for skewing the facts to make it seem like the PSP has better games coming out this month than the DS.

I don't see the need to compare my DS to my PSP. They are in different levels of gameplay. The only thing similar is they are portable. It's like comparing the PSP to the PS2, you shouldn't compare the capabilities of a portable to a console just as you shouldn't compare the PSP to the DS.

I think I should just give up on you. I'm just trying to enlighten you to use facts to support your points, instead of opinions like a fanboy.

You heard it here first folks. The system with the best specs wins the day again! Microsoft, just give up on the XBox 360 now, CLEARLY the PS3 is the better system. Revolution, you make me fucking sick.

[quote name='javeryh']Holy crap that might be the funniest thing I've ever read here. Gangsta? Hahahahahaha.... is this 1992 or something? yo yo check out my PSP it's off the hizzy fo' sho'... some cracka-ass cracka was frontin' so I bust out my glok and said gimme dat blingin' PSP you crazy mofo cause I need to go represent on A FREAKING INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD, you nerd.... hahahahahaha....[/QUOTE]

QFT. This has to be one of the funniest damn things I have ever heard in my life... I was actually laughing out loud.

So....can we have an IQ test now, when someone wants to sign up for CAG? "You have to be at least this smart to start a thread" type of thing?

bread's done
Back