PSP trade-up?

iFester

CAG Veteran
Hi everyone!

Long time listener of the show but first time posting. I usually frequent the Talking About Games community but always intended on dropping by.

On to my subject. Do you think EB Games/GameStop will offer some kind of trade-up program from PSP to PSP Go? I have a 2000 but I only download PSN titles so the Go seems like a better option for digital gaming. Plus, I find the PSP really uncomfortable to hold so I'm hoping the new streamlined and flip version will be better to play in my hands.

I think the last quote I got was $70 to trade in leaving more than likely $200 (I'm in Canada so I assume there will be a mark-up) + taxes. Doesn't really feel worth it does it?

I just want a comfortable gaming handheld. Not of fan of Nintendo and the iPod Touch felt too fragile. Here's hoping Sony makes it worthwhile for it's consumers given the changes aren't very substantial.

What do you think?

Last I heard, they were considering not even stocking the go. Was just someone's rumor though. I'd imagine they'd offer a trade up if they do stock it, like they've done for every other new console that I can remember.

Systems never make any money for stores, the software is what does. So unless SONY is artificially raising the price of the GO, there is no profit in it for stores beyond any accessories it might have.

I've heard the same - that GS doesn't want to stock the Go because it means they won't get any used games sales to those customers. I can't imagine they won't stock it at all but I suspect their supplies will be very short. They do make money on trades, so they might offer a trade-in program, though. And you can be sure you'll be ass-raped in the process. Why do people trade systems to GS? I've never seen a deal worth doing there for systems.

[quote name='torifile']I've heard the same - that GS doesn't want to stock the Go because it means they won't get any used games sales to those customers. I can't imagine they won't stock it at all but I suspect their supplies will be very short. They do make money on trades, so they might offer a trade-in program, though. And you can be sure you'll be ass-raped in the process. Why do people trade systems to GS? I've never seen a deal worth doing there for systems.[/QUOTE]

seriously gs trading is so terrible i hate having to deal with them

only reason ive ever traded is to save money. mainly its been trading in a broken 360 out of warranty to save money to get a new 360 in warranty. im happy with a psp where i can own physical copies, i can understand them not carrying them if they decide not to, its basically a lose/lose situation except for the few people who decide to trade them in through them

bread's done
Back