PSP UMD Liquidation at Sony Store (B&M)- 97 cent movies, 4.97 games-YMMV

Sonne

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Stopped by the Sony Store in Boca Raton, FL to find that most all UMD products were on orange tag clearance. Almost all movies were priced at 97 cents, and most games were at 4.97.

Some notable Games off the top of my head were Endwar, Michael Jackson, UFC 2010, Assasin's Creed, and NBA 2k11.

Here's a pic of the movie shelf:

319999_10100620718666662_5137405_59318977_1557495519_n.jpg

Bad quality but it's always awkward taking pictures of shelves at stores. I always feel like they think I'm casing the place. There's some 4.97 PS3 games down there too, but they were throwaway games.

I ended up picking up Across the Universe, Dogma, Walk Hard, Nick and Nora and Underworld: Evolution. The games didn't do too much for me, especially since i just picked up The 3rd Birthday from Amazon.

Seems like UMDs are really getting the boot now that Vita is coming. Check out your store and give that ol' PSP some love.

[quote name='itzd4n']Save yourself the trip strait. I went today and they didn't have any UMD movies at all and the only psp games they had that were discounted aren't even worth mentioning. Also nothing with price drops on anything else (PS3 games, accessories, etc.), at least none that I could find and I was there for quite a while.

Zippon-ditto to what strait said, if you are willing to do a favor for a couple of fellow CAGs, I would also be willing to compensate you in the same or a similar manner.[/QUOTE]

I just got back from the store on Madison and 56th Street and got the following:

Toy Story 3 (PS3) - $10
Secret Agent Clank (PSP) - $5
A bunch of UMD movies- $1 each (mostly got them for replacement cases)

[quote name='illennium']I just got back from the store on Madison and 56th Street and got the following:

Toy Story 3 (PS3) - $10
A bunch of UMD movies- $1 each (mostly got them for replacement cases)[/QUOTE]

So no spiderman I assume ? As for toy story I heard its acually a good movie tie in (and I hate those types of games)

Guys, you can call and check their stock for a specific game. I've just called 2 stores near me and they were happy to check stock for me(they'll have to put you on hold and go check the shelves). One of the stores have most of what you guys listed. I was waiting for a chance to use my GCs, guess I'm heading there tonight to pick up Bulletstorm, Splatterhouse, Tron and whatever the hell they have for $10. haha

[quote name='illennium']I just got back from the store on Madison and 56th Street and got the following:

Toy Story 3 (PS3) - $10

Do you remember the UMD movies there?

Toy Story 3 (PS3) - $10

looks like I'll be making another trip there just to see if they put out more stuff because when I went there the first day there was hardly anything at all. I did have a bit of fun just messing around the lounge area and playing KZ3 with the rifle.

Don't have any stores near me but am in Florida for the week, so I dropped by the Sony store at the International Plaza in Tampa and picked up 4 of the 6 remaining 97 cent UMD movies and a $10 copy of Splatterhouse. Thanks OP!

There was a whole shelf of clearance...some PS3 games and some $5 PSP games...like other people have mentioned. Not a ton of titles, though. I know they had a bunch of PSP copies of Michael Jackson the Experience for $5... Think a few of the PS3 games were sports titles, and not all of the discounts were particularly good (Dead Space 2 tagged at $40 on clearance).

Btw...not to step on any toes, but it seems to me that picking up a shelf full of UMDs to strip them for the cases when other people are going to the stores specifically looking for the movie deals is kinda uncool. Then again, I guess this site isn't called ethicalgamer *shrug*

The store in Boston, MA (Copley) still has a good amount of the mentioned games at $10. Also saw a couple copies of NFS:Shift Greatest Hits for $10; didn't think I saw it in the earlier posts. The nice deal is the dozen or so copies of Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition marked down to $40.

I'll probably stop back into the store this weekend (10/29) if anyone wants a stock check on $5-10 games. Just shoot me a PM.

bread's done
Back