PSP UMD Movie price drops at Meijer

PS2gamerGCN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Meijer has a temp. price drop on PSP UMD Videos right now. Kill Bill Vol. 1, Pirates of the Caribbean, Reign of Fire, and Hero are only $19.96, reduced from the $25 price. Still a bit expensive, but it's still the cheapest for these films. Best Buy wanted $29.99 for Kill Bill...

I was at Meijer last week, and they had House of Flying Daggers for $21.95, which is the cheapest I've seen it at any store. Of course, I haven't really been looking so I'm only assuming that's a better than average price.

-DM

Wow...are these things selling at all? I mean, I know they're not at my Toys R Us...and seriously, who would buy a stripped-down version of a DVD when the DVD itself costs half the price?

Yeah, Sony really fucked up on this one. If they sold these movies for like $12.99, the UMD format would really pick up and maybe encourage some PSP sales, but $29.99 for Kill Bill when I kind find the DVD almost anywhere for $10-$15?

C'mon Sony, WTF.

I picked up Hellboy (The director's cut) and Resident Evil: Apocolypse (not the best, but entertaining, and I was on a long road trip) for $12.99 each on sale at Wal-Mart about 3 weeks ago. Not sure if it was a YMMV thing or not, but at that price, it felt like an decent purchase, not the rappings (2 p's?) that most stores charge at over $20.

hmm... I called Walmart the other day and the guy who checked the prices told me the cheapest UMD movie is at 14.95. I forgot to ask him which movies because I'm afraid it would take too long (it already was long cuz he had to go look it up), plus I wasn't interested in any of the recently released UMD movies.

The point being, there are $14.95 priced UMD movies available at Walmart. That's everyday prices.

[quote name='EndlessChris']Yeah, Sony really fucked up on this one. If they sold these movies for like $12.99, the UMD format would really pick up and maybe encourage some PSP sales, but $29.99 for Kill Bill when I kind find the DVD almost anywhere for $10-$15?

C'mon Sony, WTF.[/QUOTE]

Sony Pictures didn't make the more expensive movies. That's why they are more expensive I believe. Most of the sony made movies list for !9.99 and can be bought for $14.99 at wally-mart.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']They should release my films on UMD...those would sell like hotcakes.[/QUOTE]

Last I heard, they were being *given away* with the first 100,000 PSPs. If they have to give away movies with cameos, one would presume that they would have to pay the consumer to take those with starring roles.

myke.
...amazon has a few movies for $13.99; $20 is absurd.

I enjoy the movies on PSP. Could the prices be a little cheaper/could they squeeze some extras in? Sure, but I am not complaining. I have watched some films that I would have never given a chance on DVD, strange as that may seem.

The UMD movies have sold pretty well at my store. All we have in stock right now is National Treasure and Hero. Considering the retail price and the fact that the movies aren't exactly AAA, I'm pretty surprised myself.

I originally bought Resident Evil because it was the only movie left at the store I went to. I saw it on DVD originally, and hated it, but I curious to see how it would look on the PSP. I could get a lot of use out of a 'Napoleon Dynamite' for example or 'Dodgeball', because I enjoy comedies, and could use a good laugh on the go. Futurama or similar TV shows would make for good use on the PSP.

By the way, has anyone compared their DVD version of a movie side-by-side to the PSP version?

bread's done
Back