PSP UMD Movies $3.90 Fry's YMMV

rexflexall

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hopefully this is in the right part of the forum and no one else has listed this yet. At your nearest Fry's UMD movies start as low as $3.90 - of course YMMV. I managed to pick up:

-Ong Bak: Thai Warrior
-Alien vs. Predator
-Fantastic 4
-28 Days Later
-Transporter 2
-Mr. & Mrs. Smith

There may be more, but you have to take them up to get them scanned to be sure of the price. Not all the ones I picked up were marked on the box at $3.90, but they had signs saying they were that price. Worker there said they are slowly lowering the prices on all PSP movies but they weren't sure why (small firesale maybe?) Not too bad if you like watching movies on your PSP, or with the newer PSPs you can actually connect to watch on your TV.

Going this route and picking up a regular PSP ($169.99) is much cheaper than buying their current bundle of a regular PSP (the basic one) and 4 movies for $199.99. Coincidentally the 4 free movies that come with their bundle, 2 or 3 of them ring up at $3.90. But if you buy it as a bundle you will get charged the $199.99 price. Instead, buy the regular PSP ($169.99)...and you can buy all 6 movies separately for only $193.39 total before tax. It costs you like $6.60 less....and you get 6 movies instead of 4!

I asked them about their bundle error and they said they would 'check' into it. They said the bundle was pretty much used at all stores at the $199.99 price, but the prices on movies/games can vary by store. I went to the Vegas one so check your local Fry's to be sure of pricing. But there's nothing they can do if you decide to buy the regular PSP and movies separately for the lower price.

Anyone else seen this deal or know more movies on the list? There is a Fry's 30 min away from me...want to see if its worth the drive.

I forgot to mention, you may want to check on these prices before the end of Tuesday (3/4). The worker I spoke to said that this sale started this past Friday and was going on until Tuesday. He wasn't sure if the UMD movies on sale were going to be priced the same or go back up after that. If anyone finds any other movies on sale for $3.90 besides the ones I listed please go ahead and post them. Especially if it's the Las Vegas Fry's!

bread's done
Back