PSP value pack $250 at EBgames.com

[quote name='screwkick']Hello? Retail price everywhere.[/QUOTE]
Everywhere that is selling it.
In NYC (and I assume other cities), it is sold out at most stores.

If you order from GameStop (and don't live in NY or TX) you will save about $20 (depending on your state tax rate).

[quote name='screwkick']Hello? Retail price everywhere.[/QUOTE]
He posted it since you dont have to buy a bundle of games with it. Not the price of the value pack.

that isn't bad. Saving tax is about the cheapest deal we'll get on these things for a while

Why is everyone bashing this deal? Some people can't get a new PSP in their area, and also this cuts off tax for most people. If you don't have a discount for gaming at your work place, this may be the best deal outside of finding one pre-owned at your Gamerush for $200.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Why is everyone bashing this deal? Some people can't get a new PSP in their area, and also this cuts off tax for most people. If you don't have a discount for gaming at your work place, this may be the best deal outside of finding one pre-owned at your Gamerush for $200.[/QUOTE]

Plus, all those people with assloads of EB credit they've accumulated can now buy a PSP without having games jammed down their maw.

there is a dozen or more launch psp's (with spidey 2 umd) around me i could get and distribute, but i guess my own cost of shipping would kill the deal for everybody.

:(

There is a shortage of PSPs? Odd I see huge stacks of them at every store... I guess a handheld just doesn't sell in the Midwest Cities.

I'm not suprised...I would rather play my console system any day over a handheld.

[quote name='Indiana']There is a shortage of PSPs? Odd I see huge stacks of them at every store... I guess a handheld just doesn't sell in the Midwest Cities.

I'm not suprised...I would rather play my console system any day over a handheld.[/QUOTE]

It's only some areas. I live in CT and everystore has atleast 30+ in stock.

[quote name='Indiana']There is a shortage of PSPs? Odd I see huge stacks of them at every store... I guess a handheld just doesn't sell in the Midwest Cities.

I'm not suprised...I would rather play my console system any day over a handheld.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm saying. I would think by now the supply chain would be filled.

Any store in my area that sells the PSP has at least 15-20 units. I see them everywhere.

Not a bad price... the $250 tag is getting closer to the no frills $189 Japanese launch price. I probably won't bite until the PSP is closer to $200. There still doesn't seem to be a killer-ap (or with DS either).

Unlike what some experts predicted, there isn't a big shortage of PSPs like there was with PS2. I've seen a lot of them at various TRUs and BB and this just a month after the launch... I remember I had to wait 6 months after the initial launch (March 2001) to get my hands on PS2 and the only way was through EB's ridiculous $500 bundle.

The little hole-in-the-wall EB by my work had like eight or nine of them. BB by my apartment had dozens of them.

Signs point to no shortage that I can see.

There might be a shortage around the time GTA comes out...but probably not.

Looks like GTA PSP is pushed back to 7/15/05 according to ebgames, which isn't a surprise since there is absolutely no news regarding this game.

Yup, even my GameRush has them and they only had a limited number to begin with.

Hmm, do I smell an impending price reduction.

The store I work at TRU Culver City, CA is constantly rolling through PSPs. They still sell like hotcakes.

I'm sure if I happened to go there today that we'd be sold out or close to it, we recieved 40 in our last shipment Monday. We hadn't had any in stock for two weeks. Before that we hadn't had them in stock since release day.

[quote name='CheapyD']Everywhere that is selling it.
In NYC (and I assume other cities), it is sold out at most stores.[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought I saw stacks of them at Virgin in Union Square the other day.

The PSP is the best handheld system ever made....I was watching The House of Flying Daggers movie on mine last night and almost forgot it was a handheld system. I see great things to come for this system......Considering that in 1982 a Colecovision system cost $299.99, I will never complain about the $250 price tag of this great futuristic handheld. As we know the price will go down, but I am enjoying my PSP NOW and I just couldn't wait.....THE FUTURE IS FINALLY HERE!!!

[quote name='illennium']Really? I thought I saw stacks of them at Virgin in Union Square the other day.[/QUOTE]
Could be, but the stores I've been in recently have only had stacks of empty boxes.

Yes, seems like there was a lot of people looking for them yesterday since the UMD movies were released......They seem to be getting harder to find in my area

Not Bad. Everybody is getting the second shipments.

CC, BB, Amazon all online stores have in stock for the basic value pack!

same here, I called bunch of stores in NYC, they are all out. Some dude posted that BB still have 10-15 units, but they were just empty boxes >_>. Same for my local target.

[quote name='Goodtone']Yes, seems like there was a lot of people looking for them yesterday since the UMD movies were released......They seem to be getting harder to find in my area[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can see why people would rush out to pay $250 to play movies they already have on DVD. That must be why they are selling!

Does anyone else think it's kind of messed up for Gamestop and EB to both be charging an extra $5 shipping for the PSP. I'm not sure about Gamestop, but with EB, I have ordered dance pads and steering wheels both of which are probably heavier than the PSP and was never charged an extra shipping fee. I think it's just a way for Gamestop and EB to take advantage of consumers because they know people want the system and will pay the extra $5.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Why is everyone bashing this deal? Some people can't get a new PSP in their area, and also this cuts off tax for most people. If you don't have a discount for gaming at your work place, this may be the best deal outside of finding one pre-owned at your Gamerush for $200.[/QUOTE]

PSP are readily available where I live. I mean everyone has them.

bread's done
Back