psp versions of SW and TR 19.99

davidjinfla

CAGiversary!
The psp versions of Star Wars Lethal Alliance and Tomb Raider are now 19.99 each. Any yays or nays? And is there any reason to get the DS version over the PSP?

If it is an action game, NEVER get the DS game over the PSP version. I can't think of ANY exceptions to that rule. That being said though, I don't think either of those were very good. If you are going to spend $20, pick up something like Daxter or Lego Star Wars II.

If you MUST have one of those, I can say Tomb Raider Legend on the 360 was real good. Not sure how it fairs on transition to PSP. Game Informer gave it a pretty good review.

[quote name='davidjinfla']already have daxter. I know these aren't AAA but I've read that they weren't unplayable.[/quote]

Yeah I don't think you are getting ripped off or anything at $20.

I can't think of a single case where the DS version of an action game is better, either. Actually, I can't think of an example where the DS version of ANY game is clearly superior, but the opposite is often true. Some puzzle games are easier to play with the stylus, though. Not to bash the DS, but like the Wii, graphics and cross-platform games aren't its strong point.

I'd probably pick up Lethal Alliance if I could get it with a $5 off coupon.

[quote name='icruise']I can't think of a single case where the DS version of an action game is better, either. Actually, I can't think of an example where the DS version of ANY game is clearly superior, but the opposite is often true. Some puzzle games are easier to play with the stylus, though. Not to bash the DS, but like the Wii, graphics and cross-platform games aren't its strong point.

I'd probably pick up Lethal Alliance if I could get it with a $5 off coupon.[/quote]

The DS version of Spiderman 3 looks pretty impressive and has a good chance of being better than the PSP version ( can't find any PSP reviews online). But I agree with you, that's the only possible example I can think of right now- and it's not even a sure thing.

There is no PSP version of Spiderman 3 -- that's why you can't find it. It'll be coming out in a few months for some reason.

[quote name='icruise']There is no PSP version of Spiderman 3 -- that's why you can't find it. It'll be coming out in a few months for some reason.[/quote]

I see, that's kinda odd. They must have switched devs or something because the movie games usually launch closely around the time of the movie release to cash in on all the excited kids.

Yes, it is strange. I think they may be releasing it along with the home video versions. In any case, Spider-man 3 would be a bit of a different situation than what I was talking about, since the DS version is totally separate from the console versions. It's a 2D brawler, compared to the 3D game that the consoles got (and I'm assuming the PSP will get). I was referring more to games like Lethal Alliance or Lego Star Wars II, where essentially the same game is released for both systems.

Star Wars: LA isn't bad... It's not the best Star Wars game I've ever played, but far from the worst. Keep in mind I still kind of like Masters of Teras Kasi. :) KInd of plays like they were doing a dumbed down version of POP with a Alien Chick. Not bad, but then again I've only just gotten the robot and just haven't wanted to complete it yet. I'm very distracted by PS1 games at the moment.

bread's done
Back