PSP Vita Wifi $249.99 PLUS $50 Credit (Nebraska Furniture Mart) YKMV

fezlopez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The Nebraska Furniture Mart is offering the deal.
The deal can only be bought via phone.
Number: 1-800-336-9136

http://www.nfm.com/DetailsPage.aspx?ProductID=35022300

NFM also sells Uncharted for $49.00 with a free $10 credit.
http://www.nfm.com/DetailsPage.aspx?ProductID=34986828&cm_vc=pdpz1

Several CAG's have vouched for the retailer. NFM is known to be a higher end version of Walmart, and are not regionally limited. They carry electronics, accessories, furniture (duh) and other home needs. So yes, they are legitimate and quite known in the west and midwest around metropolitan areas.

If you took part of the deal, please post your experience. Was shipping free? Was it easy? Did you pay tax? Did they price match? (They have a Price Match Guarantee)

NOTE TO ALL
Please take 2 minutes to submit this deal to amazon. You never know, they do more wonders than our moms.
SUBMIT THE DEAL HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the thread title thinking it was from Amazon, BestBuy or something I've heard of. Never heard of that site/store, but thanks anyway .

Edit: Good. I see you edited the title.

They are building one in texas and from what I hear it's supposed to be huge. It's supposed to be multi story and have everything, not just furniture. The electronics section alone is supposed to be best buy sized.

Yeah, this place is apparently legit..I'm not from the midwest, but I've heard of 'em before. This was up on SD a few hours ago. People actually speak pretty highly of the store, and wish it was a bigger chain.

The store is awesome. It's like six time the size of a Walmart Supercenter. They usually have pretty good deals, too; along with solid customer service and awesome financing options (sometimes 2-3.5 years at 0%).

I second NFM is awesome. I just wish it was a little closer so I could take advantage of more deals. It is like a 45 minute drive for me so I had to pass this weekend on new copies of Resistance 3 for $15. The good news is my local Walmart will sometimes PM their ads.

One word of warning about the GC. It is not a gift card in the traditional manner but rather a promotional gc that will expire. In my experience it is usually about 6 months.

NFM is really awesome. They have tremendous deals and great financing offers. I have never once been screwed over by them, and have given them way too much money. They also clearance out games a lot, if that matters to anyone.

This should be moved to the local, regional deals section. It really does not belong here. It's known thats only in very small area.

EDIT: I guess you can order from them from any state? Then sorry...

Yeah, Nebraska Furniture Mart is awesome. Right before I left home for the military, they built one outside of Kansas City (but on the Kansas side, blech) and I went once. I then went again while on leave.
I was thoroughly impressed. If Target is 'the Dillards or Macys of the Walmart world,' Walmart is 'the Walmart,' and Kmart is 'the guy selling speakers out of the back of a van,' then NFM is a middle-eastern or southeast Asian mall.
The store is massive and they had some great deals. In late-2005 when I went, I snagged Elite Beat Agents, Final Fantasy III for DS, and Dead or Alive Ultimate for a couple bucks each.

I wish there was one around here...

NFM (despite the regionally specific name) is a nationally known store....it started as a local store, but people drove for miles to shop there, and of course, now, mail order (and the interwebs). i'm on a focus group study cluster about retail, and they routinely show up as one of the standardized options (along with sears, best buy, etc.), as a nationally recognized chain.

best buy started local/regional too. fwiw. (minnesota, iirc)

and cabelas started in NE too, although i sortof doubt much of an overlap between CAG-ers and cabelas folks... ;)

NFM has some pretty awesome sales. The original is in Omaha and they opened a huge one in Kansas City 5 years ago or so.

NFM is truly awesome Im surprised no one has posted any of their deals before.
grin.jpg

Some people might be familiar with a man named Warren Buffett, he thinks highly enough of NFM to own the majority stake in it. I have never been dissapointed in the service or the selection at the original NFM in Omaha NE. They run some very good deals in the way of no interest financing and usually will beat any local price (never tried get an internet price matched).

[quote name='tightclaws']Looks like they might be out of it already! Says please call now...[/QUOTE]

No, the deal has always been like that.

[quote name='tightclaws']So it might be an instore only on the Wifi?[/QUOTE]

It's not an instore only. Simply call them. Read OP.

Edit: The phone number and note to call is no longer listed on the site, however feel free to call them (number is posted on OP) and ask about the deal.

I called and asked about placing an order. First I asked about shipping, he said it would be about $8 to $10 (thought it would be free but whatever). Then he asked if I had ordered with them before and when I told him no he said sorry but he would not able to place the order for me. I guess it's only for existing customers.

I asked him about placing an online order first for a game or case and then calling back to order the system but he still said no. Not sure why that wouldn't work.

[quote name='iamthekiller']Add in tax and shipping, and the fact that you need to waste the $50 at this retailer makes this a cold deal.[/QUOTE]

True, but tax doesn't apply to everybody.

[quote name='ps2rich']I called and asked about placing an order. First I asked about shipping, he said it would be about $8 to $10 (thought it would be free but whatever). Then he asked if I had ordered with them before and when I told him no he said sorry but he would not able to place the order for me. I guess it's only for existing customers.

I asked him about placing an online order first for a game or case and then calling back to order the system but he still said no. Not sure why that wouldn't work.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it's like I first thought a very YMMV deal at most BAH.

[quote name='ps2rich']I called and asked about placing an order. First I asked about shipping, he said it would be about $8 to $10 (thought it would be free but whatever). Then he asked if I had ordered with them before and when I told him no he said sorry but he would not able to place the order for me. I guess it's only for existing customers.

I asked him about placing an online order first for a game or case and then calling back to order the system but he still said no. Not sure why that wouldn't work.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone else confirm?

bread's done
Back