PSP Warriors for $14.99 w/ Gamer Card At Best Buy

Do we really need a new individual thread for every single product BB sells. I think it's pretty much a given that if you have a $5 off coupon that means you get $5 off WHATEVER TITLE YOU DECIDE TO PURCHASE...

[quote name='Chitown021']Do we really need a new individual thread for every single product BB sells. I think it's pretty much a given that if you have a $5 off coupon that means you get $5 off WHATEVER TITLE YOU DECIDE TO PURCHASE...[/quote]

Personally, I like when people remind me that I get 5 dollars off any game I want to purchase everyday or so.. :roll: capt'n obvious over there in the OP.

Well, I guess this served the purpose of telling people that the Warriors is going to sell for $19.99, which I did not know. Is it just me, or do PSP games seem to be coming down in price overall?

Tis just you. Warriors is more or less a straight port of the PS2 game to the PSP. MSRP is $20 as a result. Rockstar is becoming decent...

Doesn't mean that's a bad thing at all, as it is certainly worth the price.

I'm just saying that we seem to be seeing less of the $40 MSRP games than we did earlier in the PSP's life cycle. Could just be my imagination, but I'm not so sure.

[quote name='icruise']I'm just saying that we seem to be seeing less of the $40 MSRP games than we did earlier in the PSP's life cycle. Could just be my imagination, but I'm not so sure.[/QUOTE]

Eh - Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner, R&C: Size Matters and Gurumin, the 3 new releases I have an interest in, are all retailing for $39.99. I think The Warriors is more the exception than the rule.

[quote name='icruise']Three of the five games being released this week are $29.99 or less (Ghost Rider, Chili Con Carnage, and The Warriors).

http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/02/12/psp-releases-for-the-week-of-february-12th/[/QUOTE]

Yea, but...is that really saying much? As has been mentioned, The Warriors is a port. Ghost Rider is a movie cash-in (and is releasing for the same $29.99 price for the PS2) and Chili Con Carnage, according to IGN's review, "You can't fault the sharp controls and killer combo system, but you'll have experienced everything it has to offer in a couple of hours."

I'm all for cheaper prices as much as anyone else, but these all look like budget titles, not quality titles that are being released at a lower MSRP. I'd love to be wrong here. ;)

[quote name='argyle']Chili Con Carnage, according to IGN's review, "You can't fault the sharp controls and killer combo system, but you'll have experienced everything it has to offer in a couple of hours."[/QUOTE]
Since when has a game's length affected how much it sells for? I can think of a bunch of games that can be beaten in 10 hours or less that have sold for the full $40-$60.

looks like there wont be a deal because according to speedy it will be $29.99 at best buy
The Warriors >>>> $29.99

[quote name='whoknows']Since when has a game's length affected how much it sells for? I can think of a bunch of games that can be beaten in 10 hours or less that have sold for the full $40-$60.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tiredfornow']14.99 or not, it's still a bad ass brawler.[/QUOTE]
And the world could always use more beat 'em ups.

I just bought a PSP yesterday in a complete fluke of an eBay win, and now that I've burned most of my money I need cheap PSP games. This sounds right up my alley. I heard a lot of good buzz about the PS2 title, but anything portable gets a ++ in my book.

[quote name='Alpha2']It's basically the price of a Greatest hits title, which the console version has certainly sold enough to become.[/QUOTE]
the PS2 version is GH

[quote name='argyle']Eh - Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner, R&C: Size Matters and Gurumin, the 3 new releases I have an interest in, are all retailing for $39.99. I think The Warriors is more the exception than the rule.[/QUOTE]

It's nice that they are considering the port nature in the price. It's much cheaper to port a game from an existing console (especially if the hardware is so similar) than it is to build or rebuild it from the ground up. Of course, this is not always reflected in the price (Def Jam FFNY PSP, the 360 versions of THAW, Gun, and almost all the 2k sports entries), but usually reflected in sales (all of these sold like crap, and the 360 games mentioned are now the same price as the current gen versions).

[quote name='icruise']I'm just saying that we seem to be seeing less of the $40 MSRP games than we did earlier in the PSP's life cycle. Could just be my imagination, but I'm not so sure.[/QUOTE]

They're still there, but they seem to drop much quicker. The fact the PSP has a GH program is great, and sure beats the DS model, which is release a game, sell it at full price, then take it out of print when it stops selling, and a very select few get it at a discount from clearance sales.

bread's done
Back